GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Douglas fired!

+5
PKC
shabbs
beerandsens
PTFlea
Snuh
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 am

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

Post-season Clouston interview. Talks about conditioning toward the end of the clip."...your body is like a sports car, you need to keep it tuned..."

http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=767&id=39698

Safe to assume this is what he tried to get Heatley to buy into.

32Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure Heatley didn't love being told he was lazy and needed to put more effort in if he wanted more ice time.

What a whiny little Wing Dang Doodle. Wow. ⭕

33Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:47 am

When the going gets tough, the tough get going....

34Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm sure Heatley didn't love being told he was lazy and needed to put more effort in if he wanted more ice time.

What a whiny little Wing Dang Doodle. Wow. ⭕

Truth hurts, as I have seen from many responses to my posts, haha.

35Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:Greco's programs aren't generally built for hockey players, despite what he claims. What they need to be doing is more along the lines of what Crosby did coming up through junior - speed training with assymetric loading, agility-focused drills, core stabilization/flexibility, and such. The exercise science that was used to "build" Crosby is fairly well-established, it just needs to be followed.

This echoes what I'd heard, except that I'd heard it from someone who is possibly a competitor. On the one had, knows what he's talking about, on the other hand, may have some bias.

36Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:I am not surprised this happened, it is somewhat unfortunate. Randy Lee was EXCELLENT at his job. He got promoted to a different job and what he used to do faltered. Either he was too busy focusing on prospects or he is not cut out to be a director. Not a slight if this is the case. He was one of the best in his profession, that does not necessarily translate to management potential...

Kind of like Bryan Murray being an excellent coach, being promoted to GM?

37Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:08 pm

wprager wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am not surprised this happened, it is somewhat unfortunate. Randy Lee was EXCELLENT at his job. He got promoted to a different job and what he used to do faltered. Either he was too busy focusing on prospects or he is not cut out to be a director. Not a slight if this is the case. He was one of the best in his profession, that does not necessarily translate to management potential...

Not at all. For me Murray is one of the top 5 GMs in the league. Other than his record for coach selection Murray is spot on. Every personelle decision has been right. Just my opinion.

38Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not at all. For me Murray is one of the top 5 GMs in the league. Other than his record for coach selection Murray is spot on. Every personelle decision has been right. Just my opinion.

Was it not Mr. Murray who orchestrated the Luongo/Jokinen for I forget who and am too lazy to look up fleece deal with the NYI.

Yes, it was the Islanders and their track record for "smart trades" in the past has been questioned, but, nevertheless...

And this is the same Bryan Murray who drafted two pretty good talents in Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim.

So it seems to me, as far as recognizing and bringing talent in, Murray has a very good eye. When it comes to coaches, well, maybe he should pass that job off to his assistant GMs in the future. Other than that, I agree Murray is an excellent GM.

39Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:

But as the GM he was either too busy or too focussed to realize (quickly) that Paddoc was losing it, that Emery (et al) were getting out of control, that the team fitness level was going down the crapper under Hartsburg, etc.

40Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 pm

wprager wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:

But as the GM he was either too busy or too focussed to realize (quickly) that Paddoc was losing it, that Emery (et al) were getting out of control, that the team fitness level was going down the crapper under Hartsburg, etc.

To be fair, Paddock was leading the team to one of the best starts in league history. He realized that it was going south before the end of the season... was that too late? The guy was the coach of the allstar team

And Hartsburg snowed everyone with talk of accountability... but it was all talk. I think he was a guy who was in over his head in the NHL but had the credentials to suggest otherwise.

At the end of the day the buck stops with Murray. There is a three strike policy and he has two but Clouston looks like the real deal. I think we will be fine....

41Adam Douglas fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Paddock was following. There was not much leading going on. He was the coach of the All Star team because the guy before him led the team to the SCF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum