GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Douglas fired!

+5
PKC
shabbs
beerandsens
PTFlea
Snuh
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, hopefully this is the case of someone finally cleaning house in Ottawa... but why hasn't Murray been the driving force... why did it take Clouston to finally get this going? Was no one paying attention? Or listening?

17Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:22 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Here's Strickland's article:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21527&blogger_id=5

Sources close to Ottawa tell me Heatley isn’t in shape and he isn’t committed.

Sound like a $7.5 million dollar player to you?

Sounds to me like his trade demand may be a blessing in disguise for the Ottawa Senators.

Chances are whoever takes on Heatley may need to go through two or three Head Coach’s in the next five years just to satisfy their star player.
Ugh... this gets better and better...

18Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:23 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Do you remember the days when Ottawa used to be the envy of the league in terms of being in shape, post-game workouts, etc...

I hope that all comes back under Clouston.

I do remember - and I think it will come back under Clouston, I really do. No more BS excuses from our 'star' players, get the Diddle in shape!
Maybe we'll see a return of players on the bikes after a game...

19Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Well, hopefully this is the case of someone finally cleaning house in Ottawa... but why hasn't Murray been the driving force... why did it take Clouston to finally get this going? Was no one paying attention? Or listening?

The coach is more in tune with what's happening in terms of strength and conditioning I would think. His input is what drives the changes.

It's interesting (as Dennycrane pointed out) that Murray endorsed Spezza big time - saying he's committed to getting stronger etc. last Thursday - which by all accounts was when the letter came in from Heatley's camp asking for a trade.

One of those...hmmm...moments.

20Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:40 pm

PKC wrote:Do you remember the days when Ottawa used to be the envy of the league in terms of being in shape, post-game workouts, etc...

I hope that all comes back under Clouston.

Bring back the post-game exercise bike interviews!

21Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:15 pm

This is exactly what I was talking about alllllll year. The attitude in the room and in the organization had to change. There had to be a new culture brought and Clouston has done just that. Getting rid of Heatley over the coach is the best thing that has ever happend in Ottawa, it shows no one player is bigger than the team and thats what was going on the last 2, 3 years, even when we went to the cup.

Gone are the ENORMOUS ego's of Heatley, Emery, and Meszaros (doing well in Tampa too...? Nope). Now The Sens can build a team that can, eventually, compete with the cup champs, and The Bruins, so on.

On that note, I just want the draft to come because there is nothing to discuss that hasnt been absolutly beaten to death 5 times over.

22Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:33 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

^True Neely, but in my boredom I will have no choice but to beat this material over 50 more times BeatingaDeadHorse

23Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Ya, I got nothing else to talk about either... sigh

24Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:Ya, I got nothing else to talk about either... sigh

Hey, how about the price of gas, eh? I saw 96.8 this morning.

25Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Ya, I got nothing else to talk about either... sigh

Hey, how about the price of gas, eh? I saw 96.8 this morning.

Goddamn, free-market, capitalist swine...

26Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Firing the strength and conditioning coach is a good first step, but they also need to have a tighter reign over where the players train in the off-season. You've got to be in top shape the first day of training camp or you have a Fisher situation. Maybe Greco needs to make some changes to his training regimen.

27Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Greco's programs aren't generally built for hockey players, despite what he claims. What they need to be doing is more along the lines of what Crosby did coming up through junior - speed training with assymetric loading, agility-focused drills, core stabilization/flexibility, and such. The exercise science that was used to "build" Crosby is fairly well-established, it just needs to be followed.

28Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:43 pm

I am not surprised this happened, it is somewhat unfortunate. Randy Lee was EXCELLENT at his job. He got promoted to a different job and what he used to do faltered. Either he was too busy focusing on prospects or he is not cut out to be a director. Not a slight if this is the case. He was one of the best in his profession, that does not necessarily translate to management potential...

29Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The promoted there previous Strength and Conditioning coach didn't they? Was that when conditioning became a problem? Randy Lee I think it was right?

- Unknown Author

30Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 am

Yes

31Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Post-season Clouston interview. Talks about conditioning toward the end of the clip."...your body is like a sports car, you need to keep it tuned..."

http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=767&id=39698

Safe to assume this is what he tried to get Heatley to buy into.

32Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure Heatley didn't love being told he was lazy and needed to put more effort in if he wanted more ice time.

What a whiny little Wing Dang Doodle. Wow. ⭕

33Adam Douglas fired! - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:47 am

When the going gets tough, the tough get going....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum