GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Douglas fired!

+5
PKC
shabbs
beerandsens
PTFlea
Snuh
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Adam Douglas fired! Empty Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Not sure if this is old news or not, but The Senators have fired strength and conditioning coach Adam Douglas after just one year on the job. Chris Schwarz, has been hired.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Heatley+file+Dany+people+disappoint/1692086/story.html

2Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:Not sure if this is old news or not, but The Senators have fired strength and conditioning coach Adam Douglas after just one year on the job. Chris Schwarz, has been hired.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Heatley+file+Dany+people+disappoint/1692086/story.html

Thanks Snuh, good find.

I have a little more to add. I was sniffing around the net last night and I found out that the Sens have been disappointed with the conditioning level of all their players for the year.

This isn't news, but what is is that Clouston came in and was shocked to see the work ethic of Dany Heatley. He said to him that he would have to be in better shape - and quickly, or his ice time would diminish. Heatley wasn't pleased - and that's when their little tiff happened.

Clouston never backed off though - and he kept challenging Heatley to get into better shape. Heatley didn't like being told he was lazy and out of shape - and this is the end result - he asks for a trade.

Clouston had a pretty big hand in getting Douglas out and brining in the 67s guy. It's pretty much hand picked.

That's what I found out - then I find Stickland's article that suggests the same. I can't access Buzz right now, but I'll add the link when I can.

Serious, serious stuff.

3Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:56 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow. Good for Clouston. Obviously I don't know which trainer is better, but I like the idea of a coach that won't settle for less than what he believes is best. Corey, you continue to impress me.

4Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I believe Hartsburg had a similar reacton when he came in here, the fitness level was just not up to standard.

Hopefully this is a good thing and Schwartz gets them on the right path.

5Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:Wow. Good for Clouston. Obviously I don't know which trainer is better, but I like the idea of a coach that won't settle for less than what he believes is best. Corey, you continue to impress me.

That was my reaction. Clouston's pretty serious stuff here. I love it.

Looks terrible on Heatley though. Facepalm

Get out of here loser - but I will continue to talk you up until we get our package of goodies. Razz

6Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I believe Hartsburg had a similar reacton when he came in here, the fitness level was just not up to standard.

Hopefully this is a good thing and they can bring in a better conditioning coach.

...which makes me curious. Did Hartsburg DO anything about it? Or did he just notice it? It's entirely possible that he discussed it with Douglas or the players and it just didn't improve over time, and Clouston firing Douglas was just the result of many warnings. It's also possible that Hartsburg did nothing after noticing that the Sens were out of shape.

7Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's Strickland's article:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21527&blogger_id=5

Sources close to Ottawa tell me Heatley isn’t in shape and he isn’t committed.

Sound like a $7.5 million dollar player to you?

Sounds to me like his trade demand may be a blessing in disguise for the Ottawa Senators.

Chances are whoever takes on Heatley may need to go through two or three Head Coach’s in the next five years just to satisfy their star player.

8Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Do you remember the days when Ottawa used to be the envy of the league in terms of being in shape, post-game workouts, etc...

I hope that all comes back under Clouston.

9Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Indeed...

Also from Stricklands article:

From what I hear Johnson is a great kid but the Kings have may not be interested in dealing with his Father who has taken over his representation from respected agent Pat Brisson.

I don't know anything about JJ, but you guys are convinced he's a primadonna. Is this angle possibly the route of the problem or is Strickland information off base and he just isn't a great kid?

10Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Do you remember the days when Ottawa used to be the envy of the league in terms of being in shape, post-game workouts, etc...

I do remember - and I think it will come back under Clouston, I really do. No more BS excuses from our 'star' players, get the Diddle in shape!

11Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:Indeed...

Also from Stricklands article:

From what I hear Johnson is a great kid but the Kings have may not be interested in dealing with his Father who has taken over his representation from respected agent Pat Brisson.

I don't know anything about JJ, but you guys are convinced he's a primadonna. Is this angle possibly the route of the problem or is Strickland information off base and he just isn't a great kid?

Anything Strickland says is true in my view. So, his father has to go, then maybe he has a shot at a long and prosperous career.

12Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:30 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

... in Ottawa Sarcasm

13Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, hopefully this is the case of someone finally cleaning house in Ottawa... but why hasn't Murray been the driving force... why did it take Clouston to finally get this going? Was no one paying attention? Or listening?

14Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Here's Strickland's article:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21527&blogger_id=5

Sources close to Ottawa tell me Heatley isn’t in shape and he isn’t committed.

Sound like a $7.5 million dollar player to you?

Sounds to me like his trade demand may be a blessing in disguise for the Ottawa Senators.

Chances are whoever takes on Heatley may need to go through two or three Head Coach’s in the next five years just to satisfy their star player.
Ugh... this gets better and better...

15Adam Douglas fired! Empty Re: Adam Douglas fired! Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Do you remember the days when Ottawa used to be the envy of the league in terms of being in shape, post-game workouts, etc...

I do remember - and I think it will come back under Clouston, I really do. No more BS excuses from our 'star' players, get the Diddle in shape!
Maybe we'll see a return of players on the bikes after a game...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum