GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+28
Hoags
wprager
spader
Riprock
Flo The Action
tim1_2
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
Ev
MsConduct10
dennycrane
SDH89
SensHulk
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
caissie_1
Hayden
ferret
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

751Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:07 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So this is a bit complicated. The Angels are playing the Orioles, who the Jays are chasing for the Division lead. But the Angels are also ahead of the Jays for the first wildcard spot. Is there any advantage between the first and second wildcard spots? If not, go Angels, I guess.

752Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a one game playoff between the wildcards I think, with the team with the better record having home field. But I could be completely wrong lol

753Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So the Orioles twitter guy tweets that they are headed to the 13th inning and that one tweet gets 20 re-tweets and 27 favorites! 27 favorites for just announcing that they didn't win yet.

754Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Angels take the lead. Two on, none out, one run in. Pitching change. If this was hockey, the game would be over. NHL OT rules!

755Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jays are 1.5 games behind the Orioles, and 3 clear in a wildcard spot. Still a lot of race track left. Winning the division is really ideal...I think they have a series with Baltimore next week that is HUGE.

756Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Orioles finally lost. Sweet.

757Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:31 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:It's a one game playoff between the wildcards I think, with the team with the better record having home field.  But I could be completely wrong lol

You are right. As it looks right now, the 2nd place team in the AL West will host the wild card game. The Angels also have the 2nd best record in the AL so whomever hosts the wild card game will likely be able to set their rotation to ensure their #1 pitches in that game.

Jays best chance is to win the division. If the playoffs were to start today.....

Jays @ Angels - winner of wild card plays Oakland
Baltimore vs Detroit

758Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lotta baseball still left...

759Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

After losing 3 of 4 to the Astros, the Jays now sit 3.5 games back of the Orioles for the division lead, and are only 1.5 games clear of the Yankees and the Royals for the 2nd wildcard spot. Seattle, Cleveland, T-Bay, and the White Sox are all within reach of that wildcard spot too.

The Jays really need to heat up and win the division.

760Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a Cussing embarrassing series. Jeezus Diddle.

761Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really bad Cussing series. Made me quite upset personally. Wake the Diddle up - or better yet, stop complaining Bautista and co. and make some timely hits. Let's go!

762Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lawrie activated.

#ReleaseTheLawrie

763Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Lawrie activated.

#ReleaseTheLawrie

When does EE and Lind come off the DL?

764Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From: http://www.sportsinjuryalert.com/2014/08/blue-jays-injury-update-edwin.html

"The Toronto Blue Jays' Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind are still both far away from returning from the disabled list, but Lind has started to show enough progress in his recovery from a fractured right foot that he could begin a Minor League rehab assignment soon. Encarnacion, though, suffered a minor setback last week while trying to return from a quad strain. Neither player has a timetable for a return."

Bah.

765Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo.

766Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Season on the line for the Jays in this series?

767Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe how some baseball players (e.g. Baustista) can whine about not improving at the trade deadline. Pretty embarassing.

If they can win the series against the O's, that's big. Gotta close the gap.

768Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I can't believe how some baseball players (e.g. Baustista) can whine about not improving at the trade deadline.  Pretty embarassing.

If they can win the series against the O's, that's big.  Gotta close the gap.

Wasn't impressed by that either personally. All AA was gonna do was get a pitcher anyway and I don't see how that would solve the problem of timely hitting in important games.

The injury excuse is out the window. Win this Cussing series or shut the Diddle up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum