GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+28
Hoags
wprager
spader
Riprock
Flo The Action
tim1_2
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Hobiesens
Ev
MsConduct10
dennycrane
SDH89
SensHulk
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
caissie_1
Hayden
ferret
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

271Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

beggars cant be choosers SD...just be thankful we get some pro baseball team

272Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:beggars cant be choosers SD...just be thankful we get some pro baseball team

Yeah he sounds like a Winnipeger complaining about the name of the team. Laugh1

273Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:22 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stop saying "give a toss"!!!!!!

274Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:beggars cant be choosers SD...just be thankful we get some pro baseball team

Yeah he sounds like a Winnipeger complaining about the name of the team. Laugh1

One way I'd be REALLY interested, the other way I'd be mildly interested. Don't forget that I already knew we were getting AAA, so the news now that it's the Yanks and not the Jays is what makes me disappointed, not the fact that we're getting pro ball.

275Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Stop saying "give a toss"!!!!!!

Don't give a Dung. :crossarms:

276Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Toronto unveils new logo:

Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn

277Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's the same as their old one, no?

278Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In other news, apparently baseball will be adding two teams to the playoff format...which is something that should've been done about 15 years ago.

279Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:That's the same as their old one, no?

A little different, Modernized, edgier. Different font on top.

280Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat May 05, 2012 12:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Henderson Alvarez is a stud.

281Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat May 05, 2012 4:18 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

really? call me someone that can't get past certain boundaries but I cannot EVER support a team for the same city as the leafs. No matter if Ottawa has or doesn't have a team. it's still the same media, same fans same crap.

I guess I don't really care about baseball either but I don't understand this bipartisan mentality.

282Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I got a case of beer on the line with a buddy that the Jays don't make the playoffs this year, even with the expanded format. So far, I'm out a case of beer. But, it's a long season. Plenty of time for their "blown save machine" to get into gear.

283Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat May 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Henderson Alvarez is a stud.

He is pitching really well. I saw him pitch last Sunday agasint the Mariners and he had some great control.

Nice surprise to have this kid come up and play so well.

284Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat May 05, 2012 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I got a case of beer on the line with a buddy that the Jays don't make the playoffs this year, even with the expanded format. So far, I'm out a case of beer. But, it's a long season. Plenty of time for their "blown save machine" to get into gear.

True...but at least there are 3 legitimate save options in their roster.

285Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How does the expanded playoff format work again? It used to be the three division winners plus the wildcard winner...How does it work now?

I see the Jays are in 2nd in the wildcard race. They'll probably get Cussed again, because the two teams behind them are the Yankees and the Red Sox...and the Yankees will undoubtedly turn it on.

Who knew that the Orioles would be so good this year?

286Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon May 07, 2012 10:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They've added one more wild card position in each league (so, now 10 teams as opposed to 8 in the post season). This creates a new one-game, wild-card round in the AL and NL between the teams with the best records who are not division winners.

From wiki:

Also, with the adoption of the expanded playoff format in 2012, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change will eliminate a travel day prior to a decisive Game 5 of a Division Series and was necessary because the 2012 regular-season schedule was announced before the agreement on the new postseason was reached. For 2013, the Division Series will return to the 2-2-1 format used in previous years.

287Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the problem a lot of casual fans (myself included) have with baseball is that the regular season is ridiculous. 162 games and only the top 4 (now 5) from the AL and NL get into the playoffs.

That and the payroll discrepencies. Yankees spend about $200M, the Padres and the A's $55M.

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm

I watched "Moneyball" on Friday night...while the movie was alright, what was really well portrayed was that feeling of helplessness that a lot of these GMs must feel when they see teams outspending them 4 to 1.

288Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Guaranteed Blown Save Night was last night... A's with a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 9th to seal the deal... once again, closers can't close...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum