GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures

+2
wprager
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Empty Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11181/senators200809_rookie_review/

I thought I'd post this because it's Sens related, but...thanks to our large contingent of regular posters, this info is pretty stale around here. Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good God! I thought those were grades. First I see Lee with a D, that's somewhat understandable, then Winchester with an F!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Good God! I thought those were grades. First I see Lee with a D, that's somewhat understandable, then Winchester with an F!

:^^^^: So did I at first.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well that makes me feel a little better. Stupidity loves company, too.

:^^^^:

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

here is a sens review by shane malloy of tsn.ca

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278450

apparently by his standards regin doesnt count as a prospect anymore

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:here is a sens review by shane malloy of tsn.ca

And somehow Lee does Shrug

Pretty pathetic attempt really. Its passable, but telling readers we still have a prospect that we don't within the first 50 words kind of set the tone for me...

Also, Jeff Glass isn't a prospect because of games played? wtf? but Lee, who's played what 50 NHL games is? and Regin who's played like 50 AHL games isn't?

Since when does Lee have a booming shot from the point?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:

Pretty pathetic attempt really. Its passable, but telling readers we still have a prospect that we don't within the first 50 words kind of set the tone for me...

Also, Jeff Glass isn't a prospect because of games played? wtf? but Lee, who's played what 50 NHL games is? and Regin who's played like 50 AHL games isn't?

I think he mixed up his shot analysis between Lee and Karlsson. Karlsson has a rocket. Lee's is like Redden's, only less powerful.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yea i dont think he is that great but i thought i would share it around

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:

What constitutes a 'prospect' seems to be a player who (a) has not yet carved out a permanent spot with the big club (b) a player who is in their first season with the big club.

The designation is admittedly confusing.

11Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Empty Re: Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Tue May 12, 2009 10:48 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

There's been a lot of talk by our GM Hockey crew about the most obviously attractive prospects...who are some of the 'hidden gems'?

12Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Empty Re: Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:There's been a lot of talk by our GM Hockey crew about the most obviously attractive prospects...who are some of the 'hidden gems'?

For the Sens, or in general?

Assuming Regin, Karlsson, Wiercioch, O'Brien as the obvious ones, some people might be less knowledgeable about Caporusso and Condra. I've always felt that Kaspars Daugavins had good upside, but getting sent back to the OHL isn't a good sign.

Andre Petersson's a pretty skilled guy. Definitely a boom or bust player.

EDIT: Colin Greening's got a nice blend of size, speed and willingness to go into traffic.

13Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Empty Re: Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Tue May 12, 2009 11:02 pm

As much as I would love to see a Latvian make it on the Sens, Daugavins has no shot. Soft, lazy, no work ethic... tallented though.

14Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Empty Re: Senators Rookie Review - Hockey Futures Tue May 12, 2009 11:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:There's been a lot of talk by our GM Hockey crew about the most obviously attractive prospects...who are some of the 'hidden gems'?

Assuming Regin, Karlsson, Wiercioch, O'Brien as the obvious ones, some people might be less knowledgeable about Caporusso and Condra. I've always felt that Kaspars Daugavins had good upside, but getting sent back to the OHL isn't a good sign.

EDIT: Colin Greening's got a nice blend of size, speed and willingness to go into traffic.

Both...who are the players who might get taken in later rounds who could pay off big time?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Both...who are the players who might get taken in later rounds who could pay off big time?

I would say the Swedes, Petersson and Sandin. Those guys are pretty skilled, but pretty one-dimensionnal too. Petersson had a 6 point performance in the WJC as an 18 year old taken in the 4th round. Not bad at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlohVADbnlk

Sandin plays in the SEL. He had 17 points in 53 games this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum