GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Conn Smythe

+5
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SensFan71
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Ok, Clutchie...if the Wings win, you'd think Osgood...if the Pens win, Malkin (probably as he's the leading scorer in the SCPs) or Fleury...

32GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Ok, Clutchie...if the Wings win, you'd think Osgood...if the Pens win, Malkin (probably as he's the leading scorer in the SCPs) or Fleury...

Well right now Malkin has really stepped it up but Fleury could be a key to a Pens Cup victory for sure.

It obviously depends how things play out but my leading candidates are as you stated above for sure.

33GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Isn't all this just premature extrapolation?

True DTR it is still a little early but hey why not discuss the leading candidates right?
Heh. Discussion started before the 2nd round finished I think...

Wink

How many times has the Conn Smythe trophy been awarded to a player on a team that was not in the Stanley Cup Final?

None as far as I can tell.

How many times has the Conn Smythe trophy been awarded to a player on the losing team in the Stanley Cup Finals?

8 times.

Wink

34GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:04 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Ok, Clutchie...if the Wings win, you'd think Osgood...if the Pens win, Malkin (probably as he's the leading scorer in the SCPs) or Fleury...

Well right now Malkin has really stepped it up but Fleury could be a key to a Pens Cup victory for sure.

It obviously depends how things play out but my leading candidates are as you stated above for sure.

I can't see it being Fleury. If they beat the Wings, it will be in spite of Fleury, not because of him. He's looks really weak at times. My vote goes to Malkin should the Pens pull it out.

35GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I can't see it being Fleury. If they beat the Wings, it will be in spite of Fleury, not because of him. He's looks really weak at times. My vote goes to Malkin should the Pens pull it out.

You don't think Fleury will have to stand on his head in game 4 through 7 (Assuming they get that far) in order to pull this series out?

- Unknown Author

36GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:20 am

I think Fleury could be the guy. If the Pens win, he will be....

37GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No love for Crosby? He's been awesome. I think the other two guys listed there would be worthy, but for my money, it's Crosby all the way.

38GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crosby's doing everything but getting on the score sheet in this series... if the Pens want to pull this out, he needs to find the back of the net real fast and real often.

39GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Crosby's doing everything but getting on the score sheet in this series... if the Pens want to pull this out, he needs to find the back of the net real fast and real often.

This is why I couldn't put Crosby in my top two finalists. I still believe the Pens can win this series without Crosby making a difference on the score sheet. If Malkin continues to step it up and Fleury stands on his head then Crosby isn't even in the conversation for Conne Smythe as far as I'm concerned.

- Unknown Author

40GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 am

Come on troops, lets win in Evganistan!

When we were kids. we used to leave Malkin cookies xmas eve for santa.

41GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Crosby's doing everything but getting on the score sheet in this series... if the Pens want to pull this out, he needs to find the back of the net real fast and real often.

This is why I couldn't put Crosby in my top two finalists. I still believe the Pens can win this series without Crosby making a difference on the score sheet. If Malkin continues to step it up and Fleury stands on his head then Crosby isn't even in the conversation for Conne Smythe as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed... Malkin is leading the way for the Pens right now with Fleury right there too.

42GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HowieMorenz wrote:Come on troops, lets win in Evganistan!

I like to enjoy a chocolate MALKshake every now and then...

43GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:02 pm

shabbs wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Come on troops, lets win in Evganistan!

I like to enjoy a chocolate MALKshake every now and then...

Air Supply - Malkin Love out of Nothing at All

and i'll never let you fall ... and i don't know how you do it ....

Malkin Love, out of nothin' at all, "Malkin Love",
Out of nothin' at all, "Malkin Love",
Out of nothin' at all, "Malkin Love",
Out of nothin' at all, "Malkin Love"

:p

44GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 3 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Gonchar know these puns are bad? Kennedy help yourselves? It's like you cant go five minutes without Malkin a bad pun. Stall these puns Gill me.

I Guerintee it won't be a goalie though, Kunitz on it. thats right, I Garontee it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum