GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Conn Smythe

+5
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SensFan71
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This one is for the MVP of the playoffs. Obviously this one is going to evolve as the playoffs go on but I figured why not start the nominations and see how it changes by the time we reach the Final two teams and the Cup winner.

- Unknown Author

2GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My nomination goes to Varlamov but I could make cases for AO, Ward and Hiller.

- Unknown Author

3GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can choose early candidates, but we're only in Round 2 - which...is nice for the teams there, but no one will remember who lost in Round 2 next year.

Early nominees have to be Hiller, Getzlaf, Varlemov, Ovechkin, Keith, Kane, both Sedins, Luongo, Khabby, Ward, Thomas....the list is too long right now.

4GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

my vote would be to Hillier, if it wasn't for him, Detroit would be walking away with this series.

5GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm going to have to give my vote to Khabby on this one. Straight up!

6GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I'm going to have to give my vote to Khabby on this one. Straight up!

Hiller and Varlamov feel rejected and wonder how they can gain your adoration.

7GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:37 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I am totally in awe with those guys too, don't get me wrong, but Khabby has also been light's out amazing and the Hawks wouldn't be where they are without him.

Ovie is also close here for me too, but I would have to say it would be Hiller 2nd and Varlamov 3rd with Ovie at 4th.

8GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I am totally in awe with those guys too, don't get me wrong, but Khabby has also been light's out amazing and the Hawks wouldn't be where they are without him.

Ovie is also close here for me too, but I would have to say it would be Hiller 2nd and Varlamov 3rd with Ovie at 4th.

I'd certainly say that Khabby's in the running, but again, too early to tell. There's a ton of hockey to go. If the Hawks make the Finals, then his name will be up there, same applies to Anaheim, Washington etc. etc. etc.

9GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm looking at this award a little differently I guess. I don't feel you HAVE to make it to the finals to be considered which is totally unlike what the NHL does.

Personally if Varlamov stands on his head stopping 50 shots a game but the team in front of him can't score and they lose out in the Conference finals coupled with no other player having that kind of performance then I still vote for Varlamov.

- Unknown Author

10GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

its either got to be varlamov or hiller...hiller has been stopping the wings which is no small task...and varlamov stole the job for theo and has excelled...that would be a tough choice if these teams meet each other in the finals which goalie would be picked....doesnt have to be the winning team

11GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Bobby Ryan or Scotty Neids.

12GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed May 06, 2009 6:25 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've gotta say Varlamov.

He's given that team a swagger that just wasn't there with Theodore. Not to mention he has made some SICK saves in the post-season.

13GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:26 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Luongo so far. But I think he could play well, but not have his team advance to round 3.

14GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

You know who could be argued as a Conn Smythe candidate?
Jussi Jokinen. Game changer.

15GMHockey - Conn Smythe Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ Ok...that's pushing it a bit. But that guy has been ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum