GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Conn Smythe

+5
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
SensFan71
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:26 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Luongo so far. But I think he could play well, but not have his team advance to round 3.

17GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

You know who could be argued as a Conn Smythe candidate?
Jussi Jokinen. Game changer.

18GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

^ Ok...that's pushing it a bit. But that guy has been ridiculous.

19GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

maybe a bit ridiculous but he has been a big player on the canes angered brodeur and got one past timmy...not enough to get a conn smythe but definitely should get some recognition

20GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So who's your Conne Smythe choice? I'm going with Osgood. He's stepped up big time.

- Unknown Author

21GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Helm

22GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Osgood. Easily.

23GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, I find Osgood to be an arse, and I also thought he let in a couple of stinkers last game, so the potential is there for someone to usurp him at the top of the heap.

24GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Mind you, I find Osgood to be an arse, and I also thought he let in a couple of stinkers last game, so the potential is there for someone to usurp him at the top of the heap.

I'm certainly not saying I like the guy and his sudden attitude is even more off putting. "I know how to win games bla bla bla..." He should have put the caveat (sp) that he can win games WITH THE WINGS.

My choice of Osgood is more that there really isn't anyone else on the Wings that stood out. I could have picked Malkin or Crosby but with the no shows in games 1 and 2 of the Finals I just couldn't pick a Penguin personally.

- Unknown Author

25GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:Mind you, I find Osgood to be an arse, and I also thought he let in a couple of stinkers last game, so the potential is there for someone to usurp him at the top of the heap.

I'm certainly not saying I like the guy and his sudden attitude is even more off putting. "I know how to win games bla bla bla..." He should have put the caveat (sp) that he can win games WITH THE WINGS.

My choice of Osgood is more that there really isn't anyone else on the Wings that stood out. I could have picked Malkin or Crosby but with the no shows in games 1 and 2 of the Finals I just couldn't pick a Penguin personally.

Isn't all this just premature extrapolation?

26GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

True DTR it is still a little early but hey why not discuss the leading candidates right?

- Unknown Author

27GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:58 pm

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

ok, this may be way out there, but here is a thought:

When I seen Malkipoo fighting in that last game in detroit, it was like watching a rocky balboa movie, when rocky (penguins)'s is going down with no hope, then all of a sudden, one little thing creates a spark. When Malky was swinging, I heard the inspirational theme of rocky starting on pittsburg's behalf.

Low and behold, they take a game. The odds are that detroit will win, but i wouldn't count them out yet .... "Malkin in the Middle"

Look up in the sky, its the Malky Way!

28GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Malk'n Cookies?

- Unknown Author

29GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Malk'n Cookies?

beutiful lol

The Evgallian Stallion

30GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EvGenie in a bottle

- Unknown Author

31GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, Clutchie...if the Wings win, you'd think Osgood...if the Pens win, Malkin (probably as he's the leading scorer in the SCPs) or Fleury...

32GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Ok, Clutchie...if the Wings win, you'd think Osgood...if the Pens win, Malkin (probably as he's the leading scorer in the SCPs) or Fleury...

Well right now Malkin has really stepped it up but Fleury could be a key to a Pens Cup victory for sure.

It obviously depends how things play out but my leading candidates are as you stated above for sure.

- Unknown Author

33GMHockey - Conn Smythe - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Conn Smythe Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Isn't all this just premature extrapolation?

True DTR it is still a little early but hey why not discuss the leading candidates right?
Heh. Discussion started before the 2nd round finished I think...

Wink

How many times has the Conn Smythe trophy been awarded to a player on a team that was not in the Stanley Cup Final?

None as far as I can tell.

How many times has the Conn Smythe trophy been awarded to a player on the losing team in the Stanley Cup Finals?

8 times.

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum