GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best line I heard from a Doctor

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was at a checkup for our Daughter (7 Months old) to make sure she is still gaining weight appropriately and in walks her Doctor takes one look at her and proclaims "I just saw a 6 Month old that could eat you." My Wife and I were still laughing about it hours later. Good stuff.

- Unknown Author

2Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was at a checkup for our Daughter (7 Months old) to make sure she is still gaining weight appropriately and in walks her Doctor takes one look at her and proclaims "I just saw a 6 Month old that could eat you." My Wife and I were still laughing about it hours later. Good stuff.

oh that is priceless Laughing3

3Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HAHAHA! That's awesome.

From the opposite spectrum, our son was feeling sick for a while a few weeks back, and so after having a fever for about 4 days, suddenly, it vanished... so we were ecstatic. And then, after barely 24 hours, he fever returned. And so off to the doctor we went.

Now, here's some info we found out regarding kids... sorry in advance for graphic or weird conversation: Rectal thermometer readings appear to be the most accurate; because our son felt BOILING hot to the touch, like his back, head, arms, etc... and yet when the nurse took his temperature with that gadget in his ear, she was like, oh it's slightly elevated (her reading was a 98.9).

Long story short, after leaving and snagging some antibiotics for him, we took his temperature about 10 mins after we got home rectally and imagine our SHOCK when the reading was 104.7!!

4Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rectally is always the most accurate for kids under 3, but obviously, not the easiest. The ear can be off by a few degrees and is usually lower than what the body is. We've always gone by the armpit method and then adjusted it a couple degrees higher to account for the difference.

When the kids are older than 3, an oral thermometer is the best.

5Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:36 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're right Shabbs. I tell you, those pre-natal classes came in handy for me. Wink

6Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:You're right Shabbs. I tell you, those pre-natal classes came in handy for me. Wink

I'm assuming your son is fine now but what happened after you cleaned up the crap in your pants Laughing3 after reading the 104 fever Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

7Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Our doctor uses a thermometer that you run across the forehead. So hassle free, quick and it seems that the numbers are fairly accurate.

8Best line I heard from a Doctor Empty Re: Best line I heard from a Doctor Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:40 pm

We don't use a doctor for our kids. With all the corruption in the medical community, we choose to see a spiritualist. If that doesn't work, we go with the tried and true method of reflexology for our cures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum