GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Souray asking for a trade? Looks like it.

+5
SensGirl11
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Gagne could put up, 70-80 points playing between Heatley and Alfi. Basically, he could replicate Spezza's year, this year, and at the same time, he is still better in his own zone, without the puck, and has the potential to be a major contributer.

Anyone from the Kights organization is usually developed the way NHL teams want them to be. If you get Souray in a package with Gagne for Spezza, still would have to think about it, maybe a 1st or a prospect added, but if that would happen, in a second.

You can also avoid that stupid 7 mil, 7 year contract with Gagne and sign him to something similar to a M.Richards contract and really have your cap spread out.

Gagner is a horrendous defensive zone player. And when I say horrendous, I mean he makes Spezza look like Datsyuk. You'd hate him here.

He's young and needs to continue learning, but he's never gonna take care of his own zone like any of the top guys like Richards etc.

Gagne is not bad in his own zone, he isnt a Mike RIchards, no, but he might be one of the best in the league too. Gagne is already better than Spezza in his own zone and works hard through the nutral zone getting back as well, no coasting with that kid.

Spezza doenst drive me nuts because he doenst know where to go in his zone, he drives me nuts because he doesnt move his feet and just waits for the puck to come to him most of the time, and lets not even start with back checking.

EDIT: Id rather a guy be awful in his own zone and wanting to learn the craft and improve than what Spezza does. Also, being a kid who's father played in the NHL, def more of a chance that kid does the things needed to really succeed as an NHLer. Look at FOligno this year, no mopping when he was a healthy scratch, no Wing Dang Doodle, just worked harder.

davetherave wrote:Maybe the Oil would like Heatley to fire up their PP.

cool)

HAHAHA, you really see anyone waiving their NTC to go to Edmonton?

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
davetherave wrote:Maybe the Oil would like Heatley to fire up their PP.

cool)

HAHAHA, you really see anyone waiving their NTC to go to Edmonton?

Heatley will agree if the Oil guarantee the entire team will pass him puck at least twenty times a game LOL

Touche.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Rumour out of the Edmonton sports radio station was Spezza for Cogliano(sp) and Souray - which I don't like personally.

Sorry guys I cant give any first hand knowledge I had to return to Ottawa for the passing of my father last week. I do know that last year it was suggested on air that a Spezza for Souray, Cogs and a 1st was looked at.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:Sorry guys I cant give any first hand knowledge I had to return to Ottawa for the passing of my father last week. I do know that last year it was suggested on air that a Spezza for Souray, Cogs and a 1st was looked at.

I'm sorry to hear that Phoenix.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do you know of Schroeder, Neely?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Gagne could put up, 70-80 points playing between Heatley and Alfi. Basically, he could replicate Spezza's year, this year, and at the same time, he is still better in his own zone, without the puck, and has the potential to be a major contributer.

Anyone from the Kights organization is usually developed the way NHL teams want them to be. If you get Souray in a package with Gagne for Spezza, still would have to think about it, maybe a 1st or a prospect added, but if that would happen, in a second.

You can also avoid that stupid 7 mil, 7 year contract with Gagne and sign him to something similar to a M.Richards contract and really have your cap spread out.

Gagner is a horrendous defensive zone player. And when I say horrendous, I mean he makes Spezza look like Datsyuk. You'd hate him here.

He's young and needs to continue learning, but he's never gonna take care of his own zone like any of the top guys like Richards etc.

Gagne is not bad in his own zone, he isnt a Mike RIchards, no, but he might be one of the best in the league too. Gagne is already better than Spezza in his own zone and works hard through the nutral zone getting back as well, no coasting with that kid.

Spezza doenst drive me nuts because he doenst know where to go in his zone, he drives me nuts because he doesnt move his feet and just waits for the puck to come to him most of the time, and lets not even start with back checking.

EDIT: Id rather a guy be awful in his own zone and wanting to learn the craft and improve than what Spezza does. Also, being a kid who's father played in the NHL, def more of a chance that kid does the things needed to really succeed as an NHLer. Look at FOligno this year, no mopping when he was a healthy scratch, no Wing Dang Doodle, just worked harder.

Also gotta to remember that Gagner is still very young. HEck it took Spezza time to learn to play some d.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Rumour out of the Edmonton sports radio station was Spezza for Cogliano(sp) and Souray - which I don't like personally.

Sorry guys I cant give any first hand knowledge I had to return to Ottawa for the passing of my father last week. I do know that last year it was suggested on air that a Spezza for Souray, Cogs and a 1st was looked at.

Phoenix, I'm truly sorry for your loss... My sincerest condolences sir.

504Heater wrote:What do you know of Schroeder, Neely?

I know he sucked at the WJC's, thats all my opinion is based on at this point. Thats all I saw first hand. I can def see why he might fall right out of the top 10 or 15.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum