GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Souray asking for a trade? Looks like it.

+5
SensGirl11
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I'll take Souray!! Is it possible for us to get him?

I don't like the chances of a deal not involving Spezza - and that's hard to give up IMO.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Spezza for Souray? Really? I wouldn't do that.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:was that at the Deadline Heater, or floating around now?!?

Sorry, missed that. The guy said he heard it both at the deadline and recently again with this Souray talk going around.

I just don't want Cogliano that much, I'd much prefer Gagner.

Agreed. I'm not sold on Cogliano as well. Gagner in a Sens uni would be SWEET!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Spezza for Souray? Really? I wouldn't do that.

Who would you offer then? It's tougher than it sounds to acquire a guy like this. I doubt we have the goods that we want to part with.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:

Who would you offer then? It's tougher than it sounds to acquire a guy like this. I doubt we have the goods that we want to part with.

What about?

TO EDM: Spezza + Lee

TO OTT: Souray + Gagner

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:
504Heater wrote:

What about?

What about no?

I'd consider Fisher and Lee if we could convince Fisher to waive.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cogliano and Souray..... Souray at 5.4 and Cogliano @ 1.1.

Takes 500 k approximately off our cap hit and spreads the dough around more evenly.

I'd do it

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
strachattack wrote:
504Heater wrote:

What about?

What about no?

I'd consider Fisher and Lee if we could convince Fisher to waive.

Alrightie then. Just curious if it's too crazy or not. Some have said Gagner is awesome but I haven't seen him play all that much. I figured if Spezza would be involved it would have to be someone like Gagner coming back as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gagner is a great player, but to replace Spezza? Makes me nervous...big time.

Edmonton would have to throw their 1st rounder in there this year as well, or Eberele.

If it was Spezza for Souray, Cogliano, and Eberle or a 1st in 2009, then right away I do it.

Ottawa would almost instantly have the best PP in the league. Souray would make any team in the league better on the PP, adds tougness, and some leadership. This guy is still a multiple time all star and has maybe the best shot in the league.

504Heater wrote:Gagner is a great player, but to replace Spezza? Makes me nervous...big time.

Gagne could put up, 70-80 points playing between Heatley and Alfi. Basically, he could replicate Spezza's year, this year, and at the same time, he is still better in his own zone, without the puck, and has the potential to be a major contributer.

Anyone from the Kights organization is usually developed the way NHL teams want them to be. If you get Souray in a package with Gagne for Spezza, still would have to think about it, maybe a 1st or a prospect added, but if that would happen, in a second.

You can also avoid that stupid 7 mil, 7 year contract with Gagne and sign him to something similar to a M.Richards contract and really have your cap spread out.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Edmonton would have to throw their 1st rounder in there this year as well, or Eberele.

If it was Spezza for Souray, Cogliano, and Eberle or a 1st in 2009, then right away I do it.

Ottawa would almost instantly have the best PP in the league. Souray would make any team in the league better on the PP, adds tougness, and some leadership. This guy is still a multiple time all star and has maybe the best shot in the league.

I'd rather have Eberle than their pick

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Gagne could put up, 70-80 points playing between Heatley and Alfi. Basically, he could replicate Spezza's year, this year, and at the same time, he is still better in his own zone, without the puck, and has the potential to be a major contributer.

Anyone from the Kights organization is usually developed the way NHL teams want them to be. If you get Souray in a package with Gagne for Spezza, still would have to think about it, maybe a 1st or a prospect added, but if that would happen, in a second.

You can also avoid that stupid 7 mil, 7 year contract with Gagne and sign him to something similar to a M.Richards contract and really have your cap spread out.

Gagner is a horrendous defensive zone player. And when I say horrendous, I mean he makes Spezza look like Datsyuk. You'd hate him here.

He's young and needs to continue learning, but he's never gonna take care of his own zone like any of the top guys like Richards etc.

beedub wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Edmonton would have to throw their 1st rounder in there this year as well, or Eberele.

I'd rather have Eberle than their pick

Depends who the Sens like honestly.

If the Sens are drafting 9th this year, and Schenn and Kane are left on the board as an example, would you rather have Schenn or Eberele? Schenn I would think if you were the Sens.

Either way, I wouldnt be upset.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe the Oil would like Heatley to fire up their PP.

cool)

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Gagner is a horrendous defensive zone player. And when I say horrendous, I mean he makes Spezza look like Datsyuk. You'd hate him here.

He's young and needs to continue learning, but he's never gonna take care of his own zone like any of the top guys like Richards etc.

Gagne is not bad in his own zone, he isnt a Mike RIchards, no, but he might be one of the best in the league too. Gagne is already better than Spezza in his own zone and works hard through the nutral zone getting back as well, no coasting with that kid.

Spezza doenst drive me nuts because he doenst know where to go in his zone, he drives me nuts because he doesnt move his feet and just waits for the puck to come to him most of the time, and lets not even start with back checking.

EDIT: Id rather a guy be awful in his own zone and wanting to learn the craft and improve than what Spezza does. Also, being a kid who's father played in the NHL, def more of a chance that kid does the things needed to really succeed as an NHLer. Look at FOligno this year, no mopping when he was a healthy scratch, no Wing Dang Doodle, just worked harder.

davetherave wrote:Maybe the Oil would like Heatley to fire up their PP.

cool)

HAHAHA, you really see anyone waiving their NTC to go to Edmonton?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
davetherave wrote:Maybe the Oil would like Heatley to fire up their PP.

cool)

HAHAHA, you really see anyone waiving their NTC to go to Edmonton?

Heatley will agree if the Oil guarantee the entire team will pass him puck at least twenty times a game LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum