GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Souray willing to waive NTC

+6
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Phoenix30
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Oilers+Souray+willing+waive+trade+clause/2421738/story.html

And so it begins... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

2Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is extremely swirly.

3Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

He says he isn't looking to get moved....I say Dung. He wants out so desparately, he is publicly announcing his "willingness to be moved".

Not to say I blame him Souray willing to waive NTC 489887

4Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Its been rumoured for some time he would end up on the coast. Melnyk could probably help by offering his private plane to shuttle his family back and forth if he came back east.

5Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cheechoo, Brian Lee, Campoli, SJ 2nd for Souray, Edm 3rd. Edmonton gets an immediate defenceman in campoli, prospect in lee, a decent draft pick, and a salary dump in cheech....come to think of it that's a Dung deal for Edmonton.

Of course this is ignoring all the cap issues we will face for next year (I'm hoping kuba can get traded in the summer). Not sure how it works for this year though, is it only the remaining amount that counts towards the cap?

6Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Michallica wrote:Cheechoo, Brian Lee, Campoli, SJ 2nd for Souray, Edm 3rd. Edmonton gets an immediate defenceman in campoli, prospect in lee, a decent draft pick, and a salary dump in cheech....come to think of it that's a Dung deal for Edmonton.

Of course this is ignoring all the cap issues we will face for next year (I'm hoping kuba can get traded in the summer). Not sure how it works for this year though, is it only the remaining amount that counts towards the cap?

Heh yeah, that's basically all of our scraps for their best D-man.

Maybe Kuba would like Edmonton?

7Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno might do it....

8Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Foligno might do it....

Just Foligno? I dunno, I would ask for more if I was Edmonton.

9Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Would kill our cap by K.O.

I say we move Volchie and Cheechoo.

Last edited by marakh on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

The older rumours I heard in Edmonton were based around Souray and Spezza. I doubt it will happen though. They might take a combination of Kelly, Campoli, and a prospect for Souray. Kelly fills a PK role they have needed for some time and Campoli would be a replacement for Souray. However the Oilers have dman ready to move up from the AHL so I am not sure if they would be willing to take on an RFA. If I were Murray I'd be hanging onto the 1st and 2nds for the next couple of years in order to continue replentishing the cupboard.

11Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think it would take Foligno +

Since we would be taking on a big cap hit we could possibly unload Cheechoo in the deal. Souray's deal does last a lot longer then Cheechoo's and is a little less.

Maybe something like Foligno, Cheechoo and some kind of draft pick/prospect.

12Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Just Foligno? I dunno, I would ask for more if I was Edmonton.

I meant in my trade proposal...so cheech, foligno, campoli for souray. Plus draft picks of course....

13Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Haha, giving up two forwards when we already have a depleted roster, missing all three of our top line. And I highly doubt Edmonton wants two forwards when they already have enough of them at the moment. Especially another RFA to go with their dozen or so already. I'm sure Edmonton would either be looking for a huge upgrade on offence or a bunch of picks.

14Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

With his contract, history of injuries, and career inconsistency (he's had two really good years -- 2006 and 2008 -- in his 13-year career, so let's not overhype him here), Souray doesn't have a whole lot of trade value, I'd say.

He's got a big shot and could help a lot of teams out -- he does bring a lot to the table that OTT in particular needs -- but he comes with a big 'buyer beware' sticker, too. EDM should get one or two decent parts for him if they do move him -- say, a young player and a pick -- but they'll have to eat some bad salary too, for sure.

15Souray willing to waive NTC Empty Re: Souray willing to waive NTC Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Haha, giving up two forwards when we already have a depleted roster, missing all three of our top line. And I highly doubt Edmonton wants two forwards when they already have enough of them at the moment. Especially another RFA to go with their dozen or so already. I'm sure Edmonton would either be looking for a huge upgrade on offence or a bunch of picks.

well if a scenario like that were in fact to take place, it obviously
wouldn't be done until alfie and spezza are back. Cheechoo is dead
weight as it is, so he's just a throw-in since edmonton has the cap
space. And edmonton has issues up front with injuries and lack of
talented forwards (I'd say they're more deep on the back-end). If they
had a shot at foligno they'd probably get serious, IMO. I'm sure picks
would be involved...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum