GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 Sens invited to play for Canada

+5
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Riprock
asq2
SensFan71
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

14 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Heater, Spezz, Fish and Big Rig are all donning the Maple Leaf, no, not the yucky blue and white one, the red and white one after being invited by GM Doug Armstrong. For Fish, I believe its his first time being invited, correct me if I am wrong on that one.

As per the Ottawa Sun:
The Senators will be well represented on Team Canada this month's world championships in Switzerland.

Forwards Dany Heatley, Mike Fisher, Jason Spezza and defenceman Chris Phillips are going to suit up for Canada later this month.

"I'm very excited. I've worn the Canadian jersey a few times now and I'm excited about the opportunity to bring back a gold medal," said Phillips, who received a call from Team Canada GM Doug Armstrong Sunday.

"The season is still disappointing because we didn't make the playoffs. In the same breath, I'm just excited to get over there and help."

The Senators gathered at Scotiabank Place today to clean out their lockers for one final time and meet with GM Bryan Murray and coach Cory Clouston.

24 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Schubert will likely play for Germany, Ruutu for Finland, Volchenkov for Russia. I don't think Alfredsson or Kuba will play though.

Maybe Karlsson makes team Sweden. Wink

Unlikely, since he's not even 19 yet, but Schenn will be playing for Canada.

34 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, Fisher played in 2005 I believe.

cool)

44 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How was that a penalty?

54 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:34 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Schubert will likely play for Germany, Ruutu for Finland, Volchenkov for Russia. I don't think Alfredsson or Kuba will play though.

Maybe Karlsson makes team Sweden. Wink

Unlikely, since he's not even 19 yet, but Schenn will be playing for Canada.

awesome, lot of Sens representation, well, not really that great considering no nhl playoff hockey, but this might be the next best thing.

64 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh...whatever makes them play better next year.

74 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

FIsher's short handed goal a few days ago helped :___:

84 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Also, Ruutu in Finland, Foligno in US, Schubert for Germany.

94 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I hope Spezza gets more of a chance to prove himself this year. With Vinny and Getzlaf out, he should be in the top 6. If he does get the chance, he better show what he's made of as it could be his last chance to play for Canada.

104 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

When does this tourney start?

114 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Friday.

124 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Canada Belarus 10:15am A

This should be a lopsided win to start the tourney. with the TSN stream would be allowed here at work. grrrr

134 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:21 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:Also, Fisher played in 2005 I believe.

cool)

Holy cats! That was a mad hit!!

144 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:25 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Does anybody else think this tourny is crucial for Spezza to prove himself as an elite center.. Not only to Canada but the Sens aswell!

154 Sens invited to play for Canada Empty Re: 4 Sens invited to play for Canada Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:Does anybody else think this tourny is crucial for Spezza to prove himself as an elite center.. Not only to Canada but the Sens aswell!

definitely in terms of Canada, because an invitation to the 2010 Olympics will be based on his play in this tourney.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum