GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Draft Lottery - Tuesday, April 14 @ 8PM

+5
top shelf15
davetherave
LeCaptain
asq2
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
Dash wrote:You have to enable HTML on the site I think, cause I can see it (using FF), though it is way at the bottom of my post. If someone can help me fix it... I was just trying to copy it as it was on TSN.ca, kind of like how Shabbs and DTR get their GDT looking.

Dash, you need to capture the image as a JPG (using Print Screen Deluxe or a similar program) and then embed it using the image hosting tool on GM Hockey.

Nah, if all he wanted was the table with the points and percentages, then it's there at the bottom of his post, like he said. There's some "code" at the top of the post which doesn't render into anything. When I "quoted" his post to test it out, at first I saw all the HTML tags, then the "disappeared" and there was nothing but empty space -- carriage returns, most likely -- which could be easily removed.

The point I'm trying to make is that it *is* possible to put in that table without having it appear as an embedded image. It's convenient if you want to copy/paste from that table -- can't do that with JPEGs.

By the way, I've got this tiny program called captureur. It just sits in the sys tray. When I want to clip something from the screen, I just click on the icon in the tray, the cursor changes to a cross-hair, and I just select what I want to clip. The clipped image goes to the clip board and can optionally be saved in a small number of file formats. It's great for embedding screen caps in e-mails, Word docs, presentatiolns, etc (for example, instructions on how to use some application -- I can quickly show which button to press). I've seen many programs that do a lot more than captureur, but I've never seen one that does the simple things so quickly and easily.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Dash wrote:You have to enable HTML on the site I think, cause I can see it (using FF), though it is way at the bottom of my post. If someone can help me fix it... I was just trying to copy it as it was on TSN.ca, kind of like how Shabbs and DTR get their GDT looking.

Dash, you need to capture the image as a JPG (using Print Screen Deluxe or a similar program) and then embed it using the image hosting tool on GM Hockey.

Nah, if all he wanted was the table with the points and percentages, then it's there at the bottom of his post, like he said. There's some "code" at the top of the post which doesn't render into anything. When I "quoted" his post to test it out, at first I saw all the HTML tags, then the "disappeared" and there was nothing but empty space -- carriage returns, most likely -- which could be easily removed.

The point I'm trying to make is that it *is* possible to put in that table without having it appear as an embedded image. It's convenient if you want to copy/paste from that table -- can't do that with JPEGs.

By the way, I've got this tiny program called captureur. It just sits in the sys tray. When I want to clip something from the screen, I just click on the icon in the tray, the cursor changes to a cross-hair, and I just select what I want to clip. The clipped image goes to the clip board and can optionally be saved in a small number of file formats. It's great for embedding screen caps in e-mails, Word docs, presentatiolns, etc (for example, instructions on how to use some application -- I can quickly show which button to press). I've seen many programs that do a lot more than captureur, but I've never seen one that does the simple things so quickly and easily.

Many thanks to The Praginator!!!

cheers

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I guess the lot of us will be huddled around the tv on april 14th hoping for that ottawa ball to drop 1st, then we move up 4 spots right? I hope Murray goads Burke too if that does happen and snags the player Burkie wants, I have heard it all from Toronto fans that Burkie is going to grab MPS or Schenn when I bring them up as looking good in Sens Jerseys, I like how they think and believe they are going to have multiple picks in the first round to take all the good players away from Ottawa, damn smug bastards. sorry for the rant, but have heard a lot of arrogance from Toronto fans in the past week over bozak and hanson, and how they are going to get Matt Gilroy and how they figure it is a done deal. I apologize everyone, I am just surrounded by idiots here. Tantrum Frustrated2

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For some reason, I just can't envision the Leafs taking MSP.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:For some reason, I just can't envision the Leafs taking MSP.
well according to all the nimrods I work with that are Leafers, they say MPS is a very Burkian type player, but well, according to them, any player that Murray might have interest in or anyone in the top 10 really is a Burkian type player, which basically means (in their mind) the Leafs have dibs on them all. they are getting right back up there with Montreal in terms of arrogance, maybe even surpassed as the habs fans have been pretty humble around here lately.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddling out of the top 7 pretty much for sure now.

Okay then, Schroeder, Kassian or OEL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:For some reason, I just can't envision the Leafs taking MSP.
well according to all the nimrods I work with that are Leafers, they say MPS is a very Burkian type player, but well, according to them, any player that Murray might have interest in or anyone in the top 10 really is a Burkian type player, which basically means (in their mind) the Leafs have dibs on them all. they are getting right back up there with Montreal in terms of arrogance, maybe even surpassed as the habs fans have been pretty humble around here lately.

I think you're right. I believe you'll notice GMs looking over to the Leafs table prior to making their picks to ensure that they aren't picking a Burkian player. They are all hoping for that nod that will allow them to choose a player from the Genius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum