GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston

+7
PKC
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tonight's game marks the 1/3 mark of a full schedule for Clouston, making it pretty easy to look at stats - who's putting the puck in, who's not. The team is 16-8-3, on pace for 106 points (it's the stat number under Clouston multiplied by ~ 3.03)

Let's take a look - 82 game schedule pace in brackets:

F:
Spezza : 12 goals, 17 assists, 29 points (88 )
Alfredsson: 9 goals, 19 assists, 28 points in 26 games (85)
Heatley : 13 goals, 9 assists, 22 points (67)
Fisher: 12 points (36)
Foligno: 16 points (10 goals) (49 - 30 goals Smile )
Shannon: 16 points (8 goals) (49 - 24 goals Smile )
Ruutu: 7 points (21)
Kelly: 6 points (18 )
Comrie: 6 points - in 15 games
Winchester: 2 points (6)

D:
Phillips: 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points (33)
Lee: 5 points (15)
Kuba: 14 points (42)
Campoli : 3 goals, 6 assists, 9 points - missed 9 games (27)
Bell : 2 goals, 12 assists - (42)

Nice work on this thread on HF:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=607751

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That's some scoring from the D. *whistles*

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:That's some scoring from the D. *whistles*

Much better. Clouston must have Brendan Bell hypnotized to think he's Danny Boyle. :D

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets start the conspiracy theories now. Heatley is the guy to be moved with Shannon and Foligno picking up the slack? Wink

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a sneaky suspicion neither of the big three will be moved.

If anything, Murray might have to actually ASK one of Spezza or Healtey to waive next year if they falter or request a trade I suppose.

I have no inside info on this one boys, just my gut feeling that Murray will hopefully find a hidden gem in this year's draft, maybe go after that Tyler kid and another surprise in an FA acquisition.

6Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How much of these *stats* are due to "loosey goosey we're not making the playoffs" type of play though? I would absolutely love it if Clouston can keep these guys going at this pace and even improve on it. Who knows. We'll have to find out next season if he's given the reigns.

7Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:How much of these *stats* are due to "loosey goosey we're not making the playoffs" type of play though? I would absolutely love it if Clouston can keep these guys going at this pace and even improve on it. Who knows. We'll have to find out next season if he's given the reigns.

What would be interesting to look at is how the other non-playoff teams have done over the same stretch since Clouston took over. I'm too lasy to look but it might be worth looking at.

- Unknown Author

8Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a calculation I came up with:

Metal = WIN

9Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Niw = Lien Sirhc

- Unknown Author

10Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Niw = Lien Sirhc

Good thing you wrote it backwards, because it couldn't be any further away from the truth.

11Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Here's a calculation I came up with:

Metal = WIN

So true! Smile

Oh, Seaway, speaking of Metal. Did you ever see Sam Dunn's documentary, "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey"? It was a nice piece IMHO. Fun to see the roots of metal and their respective origins and where they've branched off over the years.

Sorry, off topic. but with Clouston, Metal goes in hand-in-hand. Wink

12Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:29 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

With Winchester, I've been more impressed with his hitting game under Clouston. He's becoming one of those guys who is not afraid to lay out a big hit, or even just finish off checks, which is an underrated importance to intimidation. I'm definitely too lazy to go to all 27 games' Event Summaries and totaling up the number of hits he has had; instead, I will just say he has 99 Hits on the year, in 69 games... and that he currently ranks 7th on the team. But i believe he will finish ahead of this mark by season's end, and under a full year of Clouston, could be a top 3 hitter on this team.

13Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Tonight's game marks the 1/3 mark of a full schedule for Clouston, making it pretty easy to look at stats - who's putting the puck in, who's not. The team is 16-8-3, on pace for 106 points (it's the stat number under Clouston multiplied by ~ 3.03)

Let's take a look - 82 game schedule pace in brackets:

F:
Spezza : 12 goals, 17 assists, 29 points (88 )
Alfredsson: 9 goals, 19 assists, 28 points in 26 games (85)
Heatley : 13 goals, 9 assists, 22 points (67)
Fisher: 12 points (36)
Foligno: 16 points (10 goals) (49 - 30 goals Smile )
Shannon: 16 points (8 goals) (49 - 24 goals Smile )
Ruutu: 7 points (21)
Kelly: 6 points (18 )
Comrie: 6 points - in 15 games
Winchester: 2 points (6)

D:
Phillips: 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points (33)
Lee: 5 points (15)
Kuba: 14 points (42)
Campoli : 3 goals, 6 assists, 9 points - missed 9 games (27)
Bell : 2 goals, 12 assists - (42)

Nice work on this thread on HF:

[url=http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=607751
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=607751[/quote[/url]]

wow that is bring a lot of optimism for next year, and just more further evidence that the day after the season is done, Clouston better be handed a new contract request.

14Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I have to ask about the 3.03 multiplier. If it's 1/3 season, then the multiplier should be 3.33 -- that's a fairly large difference (like 10%). If the same mulitplier was used to determine player point totals, then Spezza goes from 88 to 97, just as an example.

To answer Shabbs' question, I absolutely don't think this has anything to do with a "loosey-goosey when's the tee-off" attitude. It has to do with players like Bell and Shannon playing for their NHL lives; offensively gifted players being told to go two-deep on the forecheck rather than standing in neutral ice waiting for the play to come to them; the entire team being more confident in the guy between the pipes; and, yes, some professional pride.

15Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Empty Re: Calculating Sens' stats under Clouston Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion neither of the big three will be moved.

If anything, Murray might have to actually ASK one of Spezza or Healtey to waive next year if they falter or request a trade I suppose.

I have no inside info on this one boys, just my gut feeling that Murray will hopefully find a hidden gem in this year's draft, maybe go after that Tyler kid and another surprise in an FA acquisition.

I've commented on this in another thread, but to NOT move one these guys means we are jammed up against the cap ceiling. There is no flexibility, no room. That is a way of guarateeing that we are uncompetitive for years to come. But we will still have Heatley and Spezza eating the bulk of our budget.

With that line taking up 19 million in cap space, in a couple of years we could end up with $30 million left to pay the other 3 forward lines, 3 defensive pairings and a goaltending tandem. $30 million for , lets call it 18 guys, that's an average of $1.6 million per player. Salaries are going up, not going down.

We'll end up with 1 big line and the rest of the players would either be duffers or rookies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum