GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favourite thing about GMHockey.com

+9
Phoenix30
beedub
shabbs
asq2
davetherave
PTFlea
SensFan71
caissie_1
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Of course, there is always room for improvement :D

More other-team representation! :D

Absolutely agree! It's tough right now though, I would imagine over time one will lead to another etc.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:

Yeah, this is the only slight I'd have against the site. It is VERY Sens-heavy, which is fine for Sens fans, but it would be good to have a balanced, league wide representation. That will come over time. This only seems to be an issue with attracting new members as they view it as a "Sens-fan" site with a lot of Sens-bias.

Other than that, great place to talk hockey and have intelligent, rational conversation.

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I appreciate this site as it represents a smorgasbord of casual fans, rabid fans and everything in between.

There are members who can give you stats of players who will play in the league in 5 years, there are members who can't remember who Ottawa traded for not two months ago.

No one has a better opinion, nor does anyone have a worse or wrong opinion, becuase that's what they are, opinions.

I enjoy the repartee, the back and forth.

And while there certainly difference of opinions, there aren't any personal attacks or Dung.

I look forward to coming back here every day for a long time

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Best hockey forum on the web...period.

cheers

Out of curiosity what do you base that statement on? Do you/ Did you go to a lot of other forums. I only ask because that's pretty high praise and I really want to know the answer :D

Actually, I checked out a lot of forums before you invited me to join...this one checks all the boxes.

What REALLY separates GM from the pack, though, is the superbly effective anti-troll enforcement.

Kudos to you and all the founders/administrators.

Of course, there is always room for improvement :D

There's lots of Kudo's to a good forum but what does it need to do to continue to grow. How about some suggestions/ideas? Personally I'd like to see more diversity in team opinions...some more consistent and timely follow up to questions and oh ya how about getting a GM game started...... Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The leaderboard Smile

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Best site for a die hard sens fan like me ,with lots of great posts,love it great job by the founders :D

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Absolutely agree! It's tough right now though, I would imagine over time one will lead to another etc.

When the huge Canuck fan population at HB was in limbo, I think we probably should have lept at the chance. Attracting one or two fans of another team doesn't really work, I don't think. You need a community to interact.

That's my only criticism of the site. I'm a member of a number of other fora, but pretty much all my Sens-related posting is here. I really only use HF to engage in prospect discussion, and HB for other-team discussion and the e-friends I've made there. tongue

Found out a few days ago that I have over 17,000 posts at HB. Shocked! :oops:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The leaderboard Smile

Heh, yeah I've noticed you've been gaining on Cap'n.

Cronie and I keep flip-flopping. Razz

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

When the huge Canuck fan population at HB was in limbo, I think we probably should have lept at the chance. Attracting one or two fans of another team doesn't really work, I don't think. You need a community to interact.

That's my only criticism of the site. I'm a member of a number of other fora, but pretty much all my Sens-related posting is here. I really only use HF to engage in prospect discussion, and HB for other-team discussion and the e-friends I've made there. tongue

Found out a few days ago that I have over 17,000 posts at HB. Shocked! :oops:
Yep and your a great defender of sensnation ,ESPECIALLY AGAINST LEAFNATION ,sir you have my graditude :KKK:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

top shelf15 wrote:Yep and your a great defender of sensnation ,ESPECIALLY AGAINST LEAFNATION ,sir you have my graditude :KKK:

Much obliged, good sir :D

Although my HB post total is not something I'm particularly proud of. Sarcasm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
top shelf15 wrote:Yep and your a great defender of sensnation ,ESPECIALLY AGAINST LEAFNATION ,sir you have my graditude :KKK:

Yeah i go on too but the trolling ,gets annoying at times but i see you ,shabbs,among others there and there is safety in numbers lol,THEY CANT TAKE US ALL Sarcasm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

pobody's nerfect asq lol. Laughing3

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

HAHA! You're keeping me on my toes Asq2. *shaking fist* LOL

I am so pleased that our current members enjoy this forum of ours and yes, I've been actively trying to lure other fans to this site, but it is definitely a work in progress, but I won't give up.

Thank you all for making and keeping this site hoppin' with activity and the ideas flowing constantly. Sure, I'm biased, but this is the best place to chat hockey IMHO. Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Minty freshness.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:
asq2 wrote:

HAHA! You're keeping me on my toes Asq2. *shaking fist* LOL

I am so pleased that our current members enjoy this forum of ours and yes, I've been actively trying to lure other fans to this site, but it is definitely a work in progress, but I won't give up.

Thank you all for making and keeping this site hoppin' with activity and the ideas flowing constantly. Sure, I'm biased, but this is the best place to chat hockey IMHO. Smile

IMHO the selective nature of the membership, judiciously monitored the founders/administrators, keeps the quality level a cut above.

Members here are pretty switched on, and can have vigourous debates without insulting each other. That's exceptional.

Great work, gang.
cheers

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dang DTR. Flattery will get you everywhere! Wink

Seriously though, I truly appreciate all the kind words.
And believe me, perhaps it's just a stroke of luck that this environment has thus far (minus one visit from the "giant douche") has remained troll free.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Dang DTR. Flattery will get you everywhere! Wink

And believe me, perhaps it's just a stroke of luck that this environment has thus far (minus one visit from the "giant douche") has remained troll free.

I will be more than proud to head up the giant douche task force to ensure there will be no repeat visits, my anti troll defense mechanisms are second to none. Laughing3

Cronie wrote:Dang DTR. Flattery will get you everywhere! Wink

Qui?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum