GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Come back player of the Season?

+2
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Come back player of the Season? Empty Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's your choice for comeback player of the season.

I personally pick Michael Ryder but I'm sure there are many others out there. Wellwood could be a good pick too. Who's your pick? I'll take the top 3 most common names chosen and put them in a poll for comeback player of 08/09 which will unofficially be the Fighting Montagoose award.

- Unknown Author

2Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Patrik Elias, Patrick Marleau, Danny Boyle.

I put Boyle on here because it could have gone either way. After coming back from his injury he's been awesome. Elias and Marleau seemed to be fading badly last year - this year, they're dynamite.

I also like Ryder and Fat Wellwood.

3Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 am

Kurtis Foster. Dude broke his femur. People have died from a broken femur.

4Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:00 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Speaking of near death experiences and making a come back I might throw Zednik's name out there too. He's having a decent season.

5Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

strachattack wrote:Speaking of near death experiences and making a come back I might throw Zednik's name out there too. He's having a decent season.

Good call there. He's been great as well.

6Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 am

strachattack wrote:Speaking of near death experiences and making a come back I might throw Zednik's name out there too. He's having a decent season.

Very true. I don't think I could even lace em up again without having enough full body protection to look like the Michelin man after suffering an injury like that.

7Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Elias is having the most quietly awesome season in the NHL.

8Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

oh i have to agree, Zednik hand's down, after having that artery almost sliced completely, he really has played well this year on a resurgent panthers team.

9Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dare I throw Halak's name into the mix?

10Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah, I dont see how Zednik could be beat here... not only was it a physical injury, the mental aspect of getting over that and continuing to play at that level is quite amazing, even if I dont like him as a player.

Hands down I think.

11Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm thinking I need two categories here. One for comeback from a devistating injury and one a comeback from a sweaty donkey balls smelly arse low production season. What do you all think?

- Unknown Author

12Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I tend to agree with the Zednick one for comeback from an injury. As for come back from a stinky season it's gotta be one of Elias, Marleau, Ryder as my top 3.

- Unknown Author

13Come back player of the Season? Empty Re: Come back player of the Season? Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to vote Zednick too. to come back so soon takes balls of steele, MINIMUM!!

Huge salute to R. Zednick. I'm quite sure I couldn't hit the ice again after that. Talk about Shell-shock (that's right, I refuse to use that ridiculous PTSD crap. Shell-shock sounds and works just fine thank you.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum