GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh??

+6
PTFlea
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
dennycrane
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

From Pierre LeBrun's blog:

We got word overnight that the Pittsburgh Penguins have held talks with the Ottawa Senators about reacquiring pest Jarkko Ruutu. We're not sure if this is going to go anywhere, but it's interesting to see the Pens (if our source is correct) even entertain the idea. This is a team that lost lots of sandpaper last summer when Ruutu, Ryan Malone and Georges Laraque all flew the coup.

2Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

what are they offering? am assuming only picks, but hell, will take it for Ruutu, as much as I would hate to see him go.

3Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need to keep Neil if this goes through IMO.

- Unknown Author

4Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:We need to keep Neil if this goes through IMO.

Even with Bass coming back next year? hopefully? what's the prognosis on that guy anyway?

5Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ruutu is revealing himself to be a decent hockey player. For just over a million, he helps us spend in other areas. The Penguins can flock off.

6Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:28 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

for what Ruutu brings to the table, and at what price, Pittsburgh can keep their hands off!

Especially with Neil going

7Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1st round pick. No? Then (as SSF said) flock off.

8Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Trade one of Neil or Ruutu.

9Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to echo that sentiment. Shero, admit it, you f**ked up! And Murray, you better NOT help him remedy his own team. You made your bed Shero, now lie in it!

Ruutu is OURS! and personally, I like him and as SSF pointed out, the room he opens up for the other forwards and just his incessant annoying s**t he does, I want him here for the duration of his contract.

10Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:Trade one of Neil or Ruutu.
I bet Neil's agent returns him back to earth and he signs for a discount at home for under $2M/year for either 3 or 4 years. That's my guess. And keep 'em both. Ruutu annoys... Neil makes people look over their shoulder.

11Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I have to echo that sentiment. Shero, admit it, you f**ked up! And Murray, you better NOT help him remedy his own team. You made your bed Shero, now lie in it!

Ruutu is OURS! and personally, I like him and as SSF pointed out, the room he opens up for the other forwards and just his incessant annoying s**t he does, I want him here for the duration of his contract.

Ruutu is definitely one of those guys that you want to have him and you hate to play against him. Peters had it coming, but very rarely does Ruutu step over the line with a questionable hit, actually he doesn't. He makes you retaliate against him and draws penalties. not to knock on Neil, he some times takes the dumb penalties.

12Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Trade one of Neil or Ruutu.
I bet Neil's agent returns him back to earth and he signs for a discount at home for under $2M/year for either 3 or 4 years. That's my guess. And keep 'em both. Ruutu annoys... Neil makes people look over their shoulder.

A million dollar gap is a pretty big one. I suspect Murray has already made his mind up and is just letting Neil's agent come for one last meeting as a sign of respect for the years of service from Neil. I just can't see Neil accepting a home discount of one million dollars.

13Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

How much under 2 million? I wouldn't do it for anything more than 1.6 (and that's being generous).

14Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:

How much under 2 million? I wouldn't do it for anything more than 1.6 (and that's being generous).
I dunno man. I'd say $7M over 4 years - so that's $1.75M/year. I'd go there for sure, but as ElliottRules points out, that's quite a distance away from what Neil is looking for.

15Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Empty Re: Jarkko Back To Pittsburgh?? Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I dunno man. I'd say $7M over 4 years - so that's $1.75M/year. I'd go there for sure, but as ElliottRules points out, that's quite a distance away from what Neil is looking for.

Mmmm....still a little much for my liking. Good term though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum