GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don Cherry

+9
shabbs
sennies1980
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
beerandsens
wprager
Phoenix30
dennycrane
asq2
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:32 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:This is why I no longer watch coach's corner. He is a bigot, and a hypocritical one at that. When Pronger stomped on Ryan Kesler's foot, Cherry was adamant that Pronger should not have been suspended for as long as he was. The guy has been suspended 8 different times in his career, and for Cherry to defend such a blatant, vicious act was appalling. Guarantee if that had been someone else, had it been Havlat, Cherry would have called for him to be kicked out of the sport. I have zero respect for Don Cherry, and CBC should not renew his contract.

That being said, I enjoy Ron MacLean's interviews. He also has some very nice suits, which are difficult to see due to Cherry's flamboyant fashion sense.

once CBC loses the exclusive contract for hockey broadcasts (which will do them in by the way, little mosque on the prairie will not save them), you will no longer see Don Cherry anymore, unless he becomes a bus boy at one of his own restaurants. (which aren't very good)

17Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:This is why I no longer watch coach's corner. He is a bigot, and a hypocritical one at that. When Pronger stomped on Ryan Kesler's foot, Cherry was adamant that Pronger should not have been suspended for as long as he was. The guy has been suspended 8 different times in his career, and for Cherry to defend such a blatant, vicious act was appalling. Guarantee if that had been someone else, had it been Havlat, Cherry would have called for him to be kicked out of the sport. I have zero respect for Don Cherry, and CBC should not renew his contract.

That being said, I enjoy Ron MacLean's interviews. He also has some very nice suits, which are difficult to see due to Cherry's flamboyant fashion sense.

once CBC loses the exclusive contract for hockey broadcasts (which will do them in by the way, little mosque on the prairie will not save them), you will no longer see Don Cherry anymore, unless he becomes a bus boy at one of his own restaurants. (which aren't very good)

I don't know... they now have jeopardy on weekdays... And the raptors on sundays... pretty huge!

18Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I don't know... they now have jeopardy on weekdays... And the raptors on sundays... pretty huge!

meh to jeopardy and raptors basketball, the basketball team hasn't been interesting in years and sadly, haven't seen playoff games since the whiner, I mean Carter left.

19Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:00 pm

here we go again...

20Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:43 am

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Don't worry he'll die soon. HARSSSSSSSSSSSSH! HAAHHAH

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

21Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

sennies1980 wrote:Don't worry he'll die soon. HARSSSSSSSSSSSSH! HAAHHAH

and then he will be inconized (if that is a word) by the CBC, even though they were his biggest detractor.

22Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Anybody else excited for Coaches Corner tonight? Sarcasm

23Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My summary for tonight's rant:

"These crazy Europeans... who do they think they are? This isn't soccer.. what's next? They're going to start taking off their jerseys and skating all over the ice? It's disgusting I say! When I played the game, you played with respect, and if you didn't respect, you got punched in the face. You don't see any Canadians doing this kind of stuff do you? NO! It makes me sick... brings a tear to my eye... blah blah blah... yadda yadda yadda..."

Don Cherry... SHUT UP.

24Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:09 pm

If Ovechkin was born in Kingston, Cherry would be humping his leg, calling him hockey's savior.

25Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:If Ovechkin was born in Kingston, Cherry would be humping his leg, calling him hockey's savior.

How many highlights in Rock-em Sock-em 18-19-20 were of Ovechkin? If he really dislikes that stuff, surely he wouldn't put that in his videos? Oh, but it sells, doesn't it.

26Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Believe him when he says Ovechkin's gonna get his.

Don Cherry - Page 2 Don-cherry

EDIT:

Don Cherry - Page 2 The-godfather

Last edited by asq2 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Don Cherry - Page 2 Picture007

28Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Sarcasm

Last edited by The Guy With The Mustache on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

29Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Don Cherry - Page 2 Maclean-ron071001x190

Don Cherry - Page 2 Luca_brasi

Hmm. Not as much resemblance.

30Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Don Cherry - Page 2 Picture007

Put a mustache on him and he could be your avatar's long-lost brother.

31Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Ovechkin responds to Cherry's criticism
http://thekraushaus.com/images/potm/ovechkin.jpg

32Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Don Cherry - Page 2 Maclean-ron071001x190

Don Cherry - Page 2 Luca_brasi

Hmm. Not as much resemblance.

Duvall could work

33Don Cherry - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Well, this was definitely one of Don's better segments. He didn't cross the line, and I agreed with everything he said.

I think we've been spoiled by the quality of hockey these young players today play. I believe stuff like this is all part of the maturation process for guys like Crosby (who whines), Malkin (who is often overwhelmed in pressure situations) and Ovechkin (who definitely went over the top in celebrating this time IMO).

Years from now, when we look back, hopefully we'll think of three matured icons for the sport much as we remember Yzerman for his later years, rather than his earlier ones.

EDIT: 2222nd post. :pirat:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum