GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torts: Made In Manhattan

+8
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Torts DA MAN in Manhattan?

Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 5 ]
Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_lcap215%Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_lcap246%Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 am

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I will be quite eager to read the posts of Ranger bloggers and the news as Torts comes in and raises Dung.

Love it, wish he was coming here to do it

32Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:39 am

beedub wrote:I will be quite eager to read the posts of Ranger bloggers and the news as Torts comes in and raises Dung.

Love it, wish he was coming here to do it

Crying

Me too, but I do like what I've seen from Clouston for the most part, despite my initial reation to the hiring.

33Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

by bringing in Torts NOW, do the Blueshirts stand a chance to do some damage this season/post-season?

I know Torts will certainly bang some heads and such, but I don't know what impact or the overall impact he can achieve for this season?

I'd love to see him Bench Redden! LOL

34Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am

Cronie wrote:by bringing in Torts NOW, do the Blueshirts stand a chance to do some damage this season/post-season?

I know Torts will certainly bang some heads and such, but I don't know what impact or the overall impact he can achieve for this season?

I'd love to see him Bench Redden! LOL

I'm looking forward to his candid assessments of Redden's play. This man pulls no punchs. I think he'll get enough out of them to get them into the playoffs, but no scoring depth means they'll still get bounced quickly. They are dead last in the East in goals for. Worse than the Islanders....and us.

35Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:38 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:Geez, do ya think the New York Post's Larry Brooks loves Tortorella? Here's his morning line...

Do ya think Tortorella commands respect? Brooks happens to be the guy Fonzie absolutely destroyed in his infamous "get the Diddle out of here" line. And he ends up with Brooks' admiration.

The Name Dropper on the other hand had nothing but backhanded compliments for Tortorella this morning.

SSF, I'd forgotten Brooks was the one Torts had divebombed. Good call. :pirat:

I guess Larry likes it rough LOL.

36Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

So Torts and the Rangers got their first point. Did you all watch the game? Did Tortorella make his point?

37Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:03 am

Saaaaaaaame game, lol, they cant score, little more assertive, but thats it.

38Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Saaaaaaaame game, lol, they cant score, little more assertive, but thats it.

Not to mention that they were gonna be more assertive with a new coach anyway. No goals = no wins. We know all about it.

39Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:02 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be exactly what they need.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

40Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be what they need.

will just wait for someone to underachieve or think they are better than they are, love Torts tearing people down and putting them back in their place. still would have loved for it to be Torts doing that to Spezza, but am behind clouston.

41Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:The Rangers certainly looked better last night than they have for some time. Lots of effort--especially by Prucha and Callahan--sharp goaltending by Henny, and good defense overall. Redden--though I know many here love to hate him--got an important goal. Torts might just be what they need.

will just wait for someone to underachieve or think they are better than they are, love Torts tearing people down and putting them back in their place. still would have loved for it to be Torts doing that to Spezza, but am behind clouston.

I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

42Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

you kidding me? Naslund dropped the gloves? hmmm not a bad influence after just a couple practices, maybe this will stop all the gomez trade talk from the name dropper over at HB.

43Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I finally voted in this thing. I voted why didn't Ottawa sign this guy. I was a Torts Advocate since before the season started. I like his aggressive game plan, his Media antics, and what he did with Lecavalier.

- Unknown Author

44Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:I have a feeling Gomez, Drury and Zherdev will do well under Torts. And did you see Naslund drop the gloves?

you kidding me? Naslund dropped the gloves? hmmm not a bad influence after just a couple practices, maybe this will stop all the gomez trade talk from the name dropper over at HB.

As we all know, HB needs to invent trade talk to keep those hits up. BeatingaDeadHorse

IMHO Torts is the right kind of coach for the Blueshirts.

Watch Mark Bell...he needs this chance with the Rangers to save his career. You never know.

And Avery...talk about a wild card.

Should be interesting.

45Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I finally voted in this thing. I voted why didn't Ottawa sign this guy. I was a Torts Advocate since before the season started. I like his aggressive game plan, his Media antics, and what he did with Lecavalier.

This guy was exactly what we needed, cup ring, no holds barred attitude, still love the comment he made about John Graham one time, referring to starting goaltender's making a save once in awhile. (not that Graham was ever starting goalie material, but after torts, he definitely never will be)

46Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:21 am

That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.

47Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:32 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.

Now you've really hurt Slats' feelings...you know that, eh.

48Torts: Made In Manhattan - Page 3 Empty Re: Torts: Made In Manhattan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:That team is going to suck for a very, very long time. They will fall out of the playoffs for sure.

Now you've really hurt Slats' feelings...you know that, eh.

We'll send Slats a cookie and a nice balloon, then a congrats card on signing Redden on a great contract he he.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum