GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview

+14
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
top shelf15
Cronie
shabbs
Bramlet07
beerandsens
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:31 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:At this rate, Vermette could still end the season with 50 points...
NIce game except from the 1st. By the way, I couldnt believe how many Canucks fans were at the Bank. Vermette is probably the best thing that happened to Heatley this season. Without Alfie, MTL will probably eat us alive with this D.

Montreal is not exactly in good shape right now.

And they could be in much, much worse shape tomorrow.

ASQ, are you referring to the rumour that is out there running around tonight of a 'bombshell' about the Canadiens that will be revealed tomorrow morning?

62Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm

marakh wrote:At this rate, Vermette could still end the season with 50 points...
NIce game except from the 1st. By the way, I couldnt believe how many Canucks fans were at the Bank. Vermette is probably the best thing that happened to Heatley this season. Without Alfie, MTL will probably eat us alive with this D.
I think we will destroy Montreal Saturday. Other than Kuba (loser) the D wasn't that horrible.

63Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Montreal is not exactly in good shape right now.

And they could be in much, much worse shape tomorrow.

ASQ, are you referring to the rumour that is out there running around tonight of a 'bombshell' about the Canadiens that will be revealed tomorrow morning?

I'm still hoping it's nothing, but this seems to be pretty serious.

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?category=10

If you click on that link, then click "antichambre," then click "Les manchettes des experts," you'll see them discussing this news.

It's in French, but basically, they say it's a big deal involving several players. Demers was saying he was proud to be a member of the Canadiens organization, and that he hopes he's dreaming.

I've also heard that police are waiting for the plane at the airport.

I'm really hoping it's nothing, but everything seems to indicate that this is serious.

64Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Could not have been happier to see spezza sitting on his Donkey the whole second. He was awful, awful, awful. Without Alfi on the ice, Spezza is absoltuly useless.

65Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:03 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
I think we will destroy Montreal Saturday. Other than Kuba (loser) the D wasn't that horrible.

I saw some parts of MTL's game (There was a TV in the lounge I was in at SBP). They still play quite good, really. I have no doubt we can score many goals against them, but Their offense is still pretty fast, so that's why I thkn our D will have to be sharp and focused.

Depends on that "news" though...

66Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

I saw some parts of MTL's game (There was a TV in the lounge I was in at SBP). They still play quite good, really. I have no doubt we can score many goals against them, but Their offense is still pretty fast, so that's why I thkn our D will have to be sharp and focused.

Did you catch the third period? I was too tired to do anything else so I switched from the Sens intermission to CBC to watch the Habs/Pens and it was some pretty wide open, exciting hockey.

67Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Did you catch the third period? I was too tired to do anything else so I switched from the Sens intermission to CBC to watch the Habs/Pens and it was some pretty wide open, exciting hockey.

I saw a few minutes of it. Really entertaining.

68Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Going forward, everything depends on whether or not the so-called 'Clouston Effect' has worn off.

69Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:20 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Going forward, everything depends on whether or not the so-called 'Clouston Effect' has worn off.

I don't think the Clouston effect has worn off. What I think happened last night is this:

1) Spezza stayed home
2) The boys were just gassed from a 5 game road trip and had no time to find their legs
3) Vancouver played an aggressive and fast-paced game which coupled with reason #2 above, you get the results we saw last night.

I don't think it's an issue with Clouston, at least not at this juncture.

70Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronie wrote:

I don't think the Clouston effect has worn off. What I think happened last night is this:

1) Spezza stayed home
2) The boys were just gassed from a 5 game road trip and had no time to find their legs
3) Vancouver played an aggressive and fast-paced game which coupled with reason #2 above, you get the results we saw last night.

Don't forget they were on a 6 game road trip and out of the city for two weeks (?). The veterans are just getting reacquiainted with their families for this time, there's definitely a fatigue factor here. But man, did VanCity ever dominate the play last night.

I can't stand looking at those Sedins, I just want to punch them.

71Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As do I Jordo... F**kin' Punks they are!! And Sundin too! I wanted to hammer that guy... LOL

72Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am

davetherave wrote:Going forward, everything depends on whether or not the so-called 'Clouston Effect' has worn off.
The so-called 'Clouston Effect' is being a good coach who practices what Hartsburg preached. This won't wear off, he has been successful everyone he has coached. I honestly believe that Clousten is the right guy to turn Spezza around, if not he will never get it.

73Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:34 am

Jordo wrote:
Cronie wrote:

1) Spezza stayed home

Don't forget they were on a 6 game road trip and out of the city for two weeks (?). The veterans are just getting reacquiainted with their families for this time, there's definitely a fatigue factor here. But man, did VanCity ever dominate the play last night.

I can't stand looking at those Sedins, I just want to punch them.
No need to make excuses for last night (unless your name is Kuba), Vancouver is just more talented than the Sens right now, especially with Alfie out, in all 3 areas. Deeper talent pool up front with the Sedin Sisters, Sundin, Demitra. Better all around D and a big edge in Goal. I love the fact 17 of the 19 Sens who played last night showed some fight.

74Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is that sarcasm Robby? Just checking dude.

75Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm still not worried about this. I expected a Loss in my estimate of an 18-4-4 record to finish the season. I'm also factoring 1 loss to SJ and 1 loss to Boston. That leaves only 1 more regulation loss in there which could be difficult with Aflie gone for a long period of time.

- Unknown Author

76Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 am

Cronie wrote:Is that sarcasm Robby? Just checking dude.
No sarcasm, we are a limited team that needs a couple of pieces to really compete.

77Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm still not worried about this. I expected a Loss in my estimate of an 18-4-4 record to finish the season. I'm also factoring 1 loss to SJ and 1 loss to Boston. That leaves only 1 more regulation loss in there which could be difficult with Aflie gone for a long period of time.

Cap, is that an estimate, or your deepest wish?

Not even San Jose and Detroit aspire to such a lofty record.

You might want to look at this site for a picture of the Sens' chances:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/easternstandings.html

By the way, you seem to assume the Devils are an easy prey for the Senators... April 9th.

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

78Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm still not worried about this. I expected a Loss in my estimate of an 18-4-4 record to finish the season. I'm also factoring 1 loss to SJ and 1 loss to Boston. That leaves only 1 more regulation loss in there which could be difficult with Aflie gone for a long period of time.

Cap, is that an estimate, or your deepest wish?

Not even San Jose and Detroit aspire to such a lofty record.

You might want to look at this site for a picture of the Sens' chances:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/easternstandings.html

By the way, you seem to assume the Devils are an easy prey for the Senators... April 9th.

No actually I have them as an OTL/SOL so not easy by any means.

I looked at all the games and looked at ones that we could win and will likely lose. A win doesn't mean easy prey. Some of these will be hard fought OT or SO wins some will be regulation. I suspect the Carolina and Montreal games will be wins.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum