GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016

+7
spader
TheAvatar
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016

GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016 Large GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016 Large

Good start to the road trip as the Sens extended their winning streak to a season-best-tying 4 games, with a solid 4-1 win over the (awful) Oilers. With the Penguins' regulation loss to Boston the Sens remain 4 points out of the last playoff spot, withe the games-in-hand dropping to two. They also remain 8 points out of 2nd in the Division. There's still time as we have 21 games left to close that gap; however with just one head-to-head game reamaining with each of Tampa and Boston (tied for 2nd in points) the Sens will definitely need help from others. Pierre said this morning that the Canucks are "in a disarray". No wonder, since half the team is on the trading block. Still, that kind of situation often leads to players playing to impress their next GM, playing for their next contract, or playing for their NHL life. And with Miller still in goal this is not going to be easy, but it *is* a winnable game.

With this 4 game winning streak Ottawa's chances at making the playoffs are still only at 7%, which is tops among all Canadian teams. Their chances at winning the lottery dropped to 3.5%. Oh, well, what kind of name is "Auston", anyway.

P.S. With the price of gas going up I've turned off the tank I've been keeping idling the last handful of games.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we win tonight, we're either 2 points out of a wildcard spot, or 3 if NJ beats Columbus.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:If we win tonight, we're either 2 points out of a wildcard spot, or 3 if NJ beats Columbus.  

If?

GODDAMN IT LET'S DO THIS!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:If we win tonight, we're either 2 points out of a wildcard spot, or 3 if NJ beats Columbus.  

Geez, that's surprising and impressive.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eventually we need Hoffman/Turris/Ryan/ZBad to generate some offense. Let's do it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

Geez, that's surprising and impressive.  

After tonight the Pens will be back to having three games in hand. Penguins up-coming schedule:
Jets
Coyotes
Capitals

Those aren't necessarily the "games in hand" but just their up-coming games. Make your own guesses as to how that turns out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Eventually we need Hoffman/Turris/Ryan/ZBad to generate some offense.  Let's do it.

Big time. Tonight would be a nice place to warm up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Eventually we need Hoffman/Turris/Ryan/ZBad to generate some offense.  Let's do it.

Big time.  Tonight would be a nice place to warm up.

Fuckin' 'eh. Let's do it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Big time.  Tonight would be a nice place to warm up.

Fuckin' 'eh.  Let's do it.

Let's! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Beer GoSensGo! smokeweedeveryday

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Make sure you don't Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Beer GoSensGo! smokeweedeveryday in the wrong order.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yessss I can watch this game LIVE!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Yessss I can watch this game LIVE!

Lucky for you. The rest of us, after a long week of watching snow/sleet/rain falling, will probably be comatose half way through the second period. To say nothing of the fact that it's still a work day tomorrow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Yessss I can watch this game LIVE!

Noooooooo I'll be getting into bed just as it starts!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yikes!

Paul ‏@Sens_Army_ 12m12 minutes ago

Kyle Turris has no points in his last 13 games and no goals in his last 24 (last goal Dec.14th vs LAK)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shudder!

Paul ‏@Sens_Army_ 3m3 minutes ago

Active goalless droughts among Sens forwards (GP):
Turris 24
Zibanejad 8
Lazar 8
Pageau (MacArthur) 7
Hoffman/Neil 5