GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016

+7
spader
TheAvatar
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

The team doesn't have what it takes yet to win. Not personnel-wise, just the mental strength. Karlsson is a bad captain at the moment.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The third last night was classic Sens. Totally stopped skating and started chasing the puck. Need to eliminate that next year when we should be taking the step forward that we expected this year. A full year of phaneuf and a big move up front and these kind of meltdowns should be avoidable. Karlsson is still figuring things out as captain. He needs to be vocal even when he's mad at himself. Don't cut corners, make sure the coaches game plan is solidly getting through and represent that on ice. It's a work in progress, but where's Ryan and Methot and Neil in all this?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

It's not even about being vocal. His play in the defensive zone is so careless nobody would listen to him even if he screamed. And it's not like he played heavy minutes last night to warrant stamina excuses.
Easy to see why some people are voting Doughty for the Norris right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Forget missed calls and all that stuff, they just got lazy and didn't play at all in the 3rd period.  They deserved to lose that game and that's the problem.  Yesterday was a true opportunity to finally gain some significant steps in the standings.  And we didn't.  The maple leafs were able to beat that team....we couldn't.

Our record at the moment is no better than montreal's.  We're giving the habs no chance, how on earth do the sens have a chance?  I'm being super negative but they NEEDED to go 3-0 on this trip to give them a legitimate chance.  The margin is quite narrow.

Montreal is already missing their goalie and league MVP, just lose two of their top-four D, just hear Nathan Beaulieu 2-3 weeks more, Byron. Sens have an injured Turris and MacArthur, and Mac has been out pretty much all season so it's not like we suddenly got worse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:It's not even about being vocal. His play in the defensive zone is so careless nobody would listen to him even if he screamed. And it's not like he played heavy minutes last night to warrant stamina excuses.

That's the last few nights. There's something wrong, he looks different

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would say that no one in that room should look at karlsson and say anything negative. The guy plays half the minutes of every game lol, I'd like to see anyone else do that

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:It's not even about being vocal. His play in the defensive zone is so careless nobody would listen to him even if he screamed. And it's not like he played heavy minutes last night to warrant stamina excuses.

You know who was in attendance to watch that game? Alfie. I sincerely hope he had a conversation with Karlsson after that game cuz it was not a very good display.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Forget missed calls and all that stuff, they just got lazy and didn't play at all in the 3rd period.  They deserved to lose that game and that's the problem.  Yesterday was a true opportunity to finally gain some significant steps in the standings.  And we didn't.  The maple leafs were able to beat that team....we couldn't.

Our record at the moment is no better than montreal's.  We're giving the habs no chance, how on earth do the sens have a chance?  I'm being super negative but they NEEDED to go 3-0 on this trip to give them a legitimate chance.  The margin is quite narrow.

Montreal is already missing their goalie and league MVP, just lose two of their top-four D, just hear Nathan Beaulieu 2-3 weeks more, Byron.  Sens have an injured Turris and MacArthur, and Mac has been out pretty much all season so it's not like we suddenly got worse.  

Nah we were overachieving earlier, that much is certain especially with the defence we iced. And we might as well sit Turris because he's doing absolutely nothing right now, in fact I think he's hurting the team more.

Mark Stone and Anderson are essentially our only hopes. If karlsson can get his Dung together, he's another piece.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

That's the last few nights.   There's something wrong, he looks different  

He probably would prefer an early summer so he's sabotaging a potential run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:The third last night was classic Sens.  Totally stopped skating and started chasing the puck.   Need to eliminate that next year when we should be taking the step forward that we expected this year.  A full year of phaneuf and a big move up front and these kind of meltdowns should be avoidable.   Karlsson is still figuring things out as captain.   He needs to be vocal even when he's mad at himself.   Don't cut corners,  make sure the coaches game plan is solidly getting through and represent that on ice.  It's a work in progress, but where's Ryan and Methot and Neil in all this?

Ryan and Methot combined for a nice go-ahead goal last night. Neil is what Neil is. I'm happy if he doesn't take more than one penalty and cause more than one off-side. Really, I am.

Turris is injured and has an excuse. We have no depth to replace him.

Zibanejad has not figured it out and I don't think he ever will. There is no intensity in him. Not that I've been able to see, anyway (compare and contrast to Stone).

Hoffman is what he is. He'll score a lot of goals and then in -between you just hope he doesn't cause too many the other way.

Karlsson -- well, he really hasn't been very good the last little while.

Cameron -- if I was grading performances, I'd give him a C-. And I'm being generous. Way too much rope given early on to Wiercioch and Cowen. Boro playing everywhere! Smith+Lazar on the top PP unit! Clearly there are players he "likes" and others he tolerates, sometimes, but the object of the game is to win, and not to "play right". As much as you may admire Smith and Lazar's grit and determination and what-not, this is not what makes a great powerplay. And if Boro is all that fantastic then why is our PK (with him on unit 1) is near the bottom of the league????!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:The third last night was classic Sens.  Totally stopped skating and started chasing the puck.   Need to eliminate that next year when we should be taking the step forward that we expected this year.  A full year of phaneuf and a big move up front and these kind of meltdowns should be avoidable.   Karlsson is still figuring things out as captain.   He needs to be vocal even when he's mad at himself.   Don't cut corners,  make sure the coaches game plan is solidly getting through and represent that on ice.  It's a work in progress, but where's Ryan and Methot and Neil in all this?

Ryan and Methot combined for a nice go-ahead goal last night.  Neil is what Neil is.  I'm happy if he doesn't take more than one penalty and cause more than one off-side.  Really, I am.

Turris is injured and has an excuse.  We have no depth to replace him.

Zibanejad has not figured it out and I don't think he ever will.  There is no intensity in him.  Not that I've been able to see, anyway (compare and contrast to Stone).

Hoffman is what he is.  He'll score a lot of goals and then in -between you just hope he doesn't cause too many the other way.  

Cameron -- if I was grading performances, I'd give him a C-.  And I'm being generous.  Way too much rope given early on to Wiercioch and Cowen.  Boro playing everywhere!  Smith+Lazar on the top PP unit!  Clearly there are players he "likes" and others he tolerates, sometimes, but the object of the game is to win, and not to "play right".  As much as you may admire Smith and Lazar's grit and determination and what-not, this is not what makes a great powerplay.  And if Boro is all that fantastic then why is our PK (with him on unit 1) is near the bottom of the league????!
Wow. You don't really get it do you. Generous with a C-, you do realize there are organizational goals, hence the playing of Wier and Cowen while the GM tried to move them. Your comment that the object is to win, not to "play right" should be on your top 10 dumbest comments. You need to play the correct way to have long term success, as for our PK, Boro wasn't/isn't the problem, it has improved with more aggressiveness and the addition of Phaneuf, check out your precious stats for our PK efficiency since acquiring Dion (which coincided with a philosophical change.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Guys, let's not totally freak out. It was one loss, due to one bad period.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ryan and Methot combined for a nice go-ahead goal last night.  Neil is what Neil is.  I'm happy if he doesn't take more than one penalty and cause more than one off-side.  Really, I am.

Turris is injured and has an excuse.  We have no depth to replace him.

Zibanejad has not figured it out and I don't think he ever will.  There is no intensity in him.  Not that I've been able to see, anyway (compare and contrast to Stone).

Hoffman is what he is.  He'll score a lot of goals and then in -between you just hope he doesn't cause too many the other way.  

Cameron -- if I was grading performances, I'd give him a C-.  And I'm being generous.  Way too much rope given early on to Wiercioch and Cowen.  Boro playing everywhere!  Smith+Lazar on the top PP unit!  Clearly there are players he "likes" and others he tolerates, sometimes, but the object of the game is to win, and not to "play right".  As much as you may admire Smith and Lazar's grit and determination and what-not, this is not what makes a great powerplay.  And if Boro is all that fantastic then why is our PK (with him on unit 1) is near the bottom of the league????!
Wow.  You don't really get it do you.  Generous with a C-, you do realize there are organizational goals, hence the playing of Wier and Cowen while the GM tried to move them.  Your comment that the object is to win, not to "play right" should be on your top 10 dumbest comments.  You need to play the correct way to have long term success, as for our PK, Boro wasn't/isn't the problem, it has improved with more aggressiveness and the addition of Phaneuf, check out your precious stats for our PK efficiency since acquiring Dion (which coincided with a philosophical change.

Nice. Top 10 dumbest comments. You do realize that that's pretty offensive, right there.

Boro "plays right" but he is what he is, a 6/7 D man. Everyone has a role on the team, and Hoffman's role is not to finish his checks, go for a big hit, get into a fight. If Cameron puts "playing right" above everything else then he will have a team of Boros, Lazars, Smiths "playing right" and losing every day. Take a look at his roster. He was playing Lazar and Smith in the 1st PP unit because he wanted to reward players who "play right". Meanwhile his best purer goal scorer sat on the bench. Similarly with Prince, even if he's nowhere near as proven as Hoffman.

And, yes, I can understand having to play Cowen or Wiercioch if the GM was trying to move them. But put them in a position to succeed for crying out loud! Having Cowen and Boro as your top PK unit was not a bright move. We had one of the worst PKs in the league even though we had "above average" goaltending.

How about his move to put Borowiecki in as a forward? I could understand if he did that with, say, Wiercioch, who is pretty slick with the puck, or Cowen, because he would block out the sun if he stood in the crease. But Borowiecki? And then to make matters worse he benched Hoffman and put Boro on the top line???! Surely there is a better way to deliver a message than broadcast on National TV that you are being replaced by a 7th D?

Cameron plays favorites and he does that to the detriment of this team. This is a guy who came out and said (I'm sure I'm paraphrasing) that he wanted all his team to play like Boro. He doesn't have a team full of Boros, why does he want them all to play like that? We all know what he meant, of course, but it was nevertheless a dumb thing to say out loud in front of mics. Let Boro lead by his words and actions, but don't put him up on a pedestal!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Guys, let's not totally freak out.  It was one loss, due to one bad period.

No one's freaking out. I started out by saying that because of our lack of depth at center, combined with an injury to our de-factor 1LC and our 2LC, basically, not living up to expectation, we were in a lot of trouble. The only way we win is if Andy plays fantastic. Now, you do want and expect your goalie to bail you out every once in a while, that's what they are there for. But you also want it to go the other way once in a while. He gave up 4 goals last night. Would have been a great time for the team have his back for all those times he had theirs. It may be one game, but it's the 27th time we've said that and nothing changes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Guys, let's not totally freak out.  It was one loss, due to one bad period.

No one's freaking out.  I started out by saying that because of our lack of depth at center, combined with an injury to our de-factor 1LC and our 2LC, basically, not living up to expectation, we were in a lot of trouble.  The only way we win is if Andy plays fantastic.  Now, you do want and expect your goalie to bail you out every once in a while, that's what they are there for.  But you also want it to go the other way once in a while.  He gave up 4 goals last night.  Would have been a great time for the team have his back for all those times he had theirs.  It may be one game, but it's the 27th time we've said that and nothing changes.

You do realize that not every comment is directed at you specifically?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

No one's freaking out.  I started out by saying that because of our lack of depth at center, combined with an injury to our de-factor 1LC and our 2LC, basically, not living up to expectation, we were in a lot of trouble.  The only way we win is if Andy plays fantastic.  Now, you do want and expect your goalie to bail you out every once in a while, that's what they are there for.  But you also want it to go the other way once in a while.  He gave up 4 goals last night.  Would have been a great time for the team have his back for all those times he had theirs.  It may be one game, but it's the 27th time we've said that and nothing changes.

You do realize that not every comment is directed at you specifically?  

Pfft, yeah, right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum