GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Handles! What does yours mean and why did you choose it?

+16
pgood
Bramlet07
smash88
SensGirl11
Snuh
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
shabbs
Cronie
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When I used to frequent chat sites I used the handle

WillChatForFood and like you Pragues it was a pain to type out and most just called me Will.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

Been a big time Simpsons fan for years, even though the show started to suck a few years ago.

You can look to my sig. for exact details of the origins of "Snuh".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

Ah. I thought it was 71 as in 1971.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:well I am like the few others that have obvious handles on here, first I am a Sens Fan, the 71 obviously being for Nick Foligno, always was a huge fan of his dad when he played (even the blip that he played for the Laughs), so when Ottawa drafted Nick, I knew he was going to be a solid player for us for years to come. (please don't trade him BM)

Ah. I thought it was 71 as in 1971.

nah, was a good thought, but I was born in 1980, I missed the good years of the 70's and early 80's because I was learning to walk, gosh darnit :lol!:

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ummmm. I love ALFIE!!!! He's by far my favorite Sen and always will be. He's a heroic player. I can't wait to see him raise the Cup!!!

To set the stage... I was a chubby child. I loved to eat chocolate and ice cream. It made me smile and allowed me to forget that I had to lift up my belly to go to the bathroom.

One day, on my tenth birthday, I calmly waddled outside when I heard the 'Dickie Dee' cart ringing it's familiar 'come hither' bell. In the excitement I had a minor accident in my shorts. I was torn between the desire to satisfy my craving versus the potential for embarrassment. So I puled my t-shirt down to cover the evidence of my pant wetting and ran for the magical cart.

When I finally caught up, it was if the heaven's themselves had opened. Fudgecicles, Rockets, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chipwiches... oh yummy! So I ordered my requisite 3 Fudgecicles and paid $1.50. When the scrawny kid noticed my wet stain and made a comment, I was embarrassed, I cried and it made him all the braver. He told me that if I didn't give him the rest of my money he would tell the kids at school of my accident.

I had no choice. I took one of my Fudgecicle sticks, pulled it in half and jammed it into his little wee neck. I looked around and realized there was no-one. No witnesses at all. So I folded up his twig-like body, stuffed it into the little cooler section of the cart and wheeled him to Brittania Bay as fast as I could. I drove the cart off the docks at the marina and swam back in time to see the Dickie Dee cart slowly slip into the murky waters never to be seen again.

I have not mentioned it to this day but that is my story. It is a secret confession, a shameful moniker if you will...

Either that or it was a quote from comedian Jim Murray 'Hockey is like Murder On Ice'

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy diddle that was funny Murder.

tukker was my great grandfather's name(Dutch). Because I spent alot of my life in Europe(about a decade in Switzerland), it was more appropriate and culturally accepted to go by Tukker than Christian.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Mine comes from the good old days of early high school when "Smash" by Offspring came out... I used to listen to that CD non stop... eventually I needed a handle for something and used that... I added 8 because that was my favorite number and then it became 88 as I found Smash8 was usually already taken Smile .. 88 has since been my number in most things... Nope it has nothing to do with Lindros, as i've been asked so many times :D

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.

Bramlet07 wrote:'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.
I still cannot believe they canceled it... 🇳🇴

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Tukker wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:'Bramlet' comes from an interview Stephen Colbert did with a congresswoman who had want to be a judge. He then acted out a judge judyesque show playing both Bramlet Ambercrombie and his girlfriend. Its priceless, i'm a huge Colbert Report fan. The 07 comes from a story similar to smashs '88'. On other sites i use the handle 'Bob Loblaw' as not only is it cool to say but its a tribute to the best show ever made Arrested Development.
I still cannot believe they canceled it... 🇳🇴

There's talk about a movie in 2010 though.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Mine name originated in high school as somewhat of a joke, and has stuck around since, mostly out of convenience.

My buddy and I were fans of the band Powderfinger. One day I was telling him that Powderfinger was playing a concert in Toronto and he replied, "Who, Patterson Good?" Later on we needed to register for some stupid thing online, so we created a fake email (which it turns out we later actually needed something from the website and had to create the coresponding email account [an account I still use to this day]) and registered with the fake name Patterson Good. Then like many others have complained about PattersonGood is just too damn long to always be typing, so I got lazy and shortened it to pgood.

Mine is a poison. It was used to execute Socrates. Why? I dunno.

I did have 34 on there, but that's because Hemlock was in use on IRC where I originally used it.

I just changed mine from tukker. I think this one is better personally.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Last name is Dash, and Dash Riprock was a character on the Beverly Hillbillies (though I never really watched the show), and Riprock just sounds cool - it's like R.I.P. Rock, cause in many ways ROCK as we once knew (though it was before my time, I still grew up on it) is DEAD!

Do you remember which actor played Dash Riprock?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I got mine from a friend in high school back in the sixties. Haven't found a better one.
:pirat:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum