GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres - 7:30pm ET - Wed. Feb. 11th, 2009

+15
Hayden
Number Twenty Nine
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
PKC
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
PTFlea
Cronie
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

We won't get Hedman (see one of my posts elsewhere for the stats). We are most likely to end up in 3rd-5th pick range, depending on lottery results. The next few games will go a long way towards deciding who stays and who goes, but will also lay out the bottom 6-8 teams to a certain degree; it becomes harder and harder to move out of the "pecking order" after about game 60-65 (purely for statistical/numerical reasons).

504Heater wrote:Also, Neely, did you see the score in the Montreal/Edmonton game?

Last I checked it was 4-1 Edmonton. You called a 10-1 earlier, no? It's on the way. Smile

Ya, I got the tie in the NYR/Wash game as well. Seemed to nail every game last night, haha.

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
It also appears Dany Heatley has been sent a message.

Wow, I only got to watch the 3rd, but 12 minutes in ice time for Heatley...he's being sent a message loud and clear for sure.

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot we spent half the game killing penalties.

Heatley is 100% being sent a message. I hope people realize what Heatley said the other day after the big contriversy is what Murray and the Sens told him to say. People might not realize it but that was probably the last straw for the guy despite it being blown out of proportion.

Clouston is still sending him a message and good on him. My guess is he will eventually end up on the West Coast.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know if this was discussed but Foligno didn't seem noticable last game but that was likely due to the PK keeping him on the bench.

It was also nice to see a softy go in on Miller after his all world performance on Saturday. I guess missing Vanek made more of a difference than some thought?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also in terms of ice time I wonder if Clouston was playing his bench and dishing out ice time keeping in mind they have to play again tonight?

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I know Clutch, I didn't notice a lot of the guys last night, because of the PK though, I'm sure. I only noticed Shannon when he almost scored and then when he sat in the box with Smith. Besides that, I dont' remember seeing him much, same with Foligno.

This game was huge in many ways for us. I can't believe we killed of 12 of 13 powerplay opportunities...or was it 14?? I can't believe how many calls they made against us, it was ridiculous. Elliott was something else last night, OMG, it's nice to have a goalie who can make timely saves and keep us in the game, much like Auld was doing at the beginning of the year. (Imagine where we would be right now if this whole Hartsburg debacle didn't happen...Sad) Our penalty killers were ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Alfie had to get oxygen after this game, he looked completely beat at the end. All in all, this was a really positive game for us. I can't believe we had 1 period+ in powerplays and still managed to score 3 goals.

Props to Donovan too, first game back and he ends a scoring slump. Sweet!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't know if this was discussed but Foligno didn't seem noticable last game but that was likely due to the PK keeping him on the bench.

It was also nice to see a softy go in on Miller after his all world performance on Saturday. I guess missing Vanek made more of a difference than some thought?

Leads the league in powerplay goals, so he probably would have helped.

The Shannon - Fisher - Foligno line wasn't as awesome as turning pucks over, but yeah, it's hard to get going offensively when you're almost literally playing half the game short-handed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't know if this was discussed but Foligno didn't seem noticable last game but that was likely due to the PK keeping him on the bench.

I agree - and when I saw Foligno, he didn't have the usual jump he's had the last week. He needs to get back out there tonight and create - but the sheer number of penalties would disrupt anything.

Vanek would've made a game of it. Not sure if he would have tied it, but it would've been a lot closer.

How many guys are Buffalo missing? That was one franking uninspired performance for a team that could've started the ascent into top 4 in the East.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
It also appears Dany Heatley has been sent a message.

Wow, I only got to watch the 3rd, but 12 minutes in ice time for Heatley...he's being sent a message loud and clear for sure.

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot we spent half the game killing penalties.

Didnt stop Spezza from getting 17min though...

I didn't notice the ice time for Spezza. Wow...Heatley, are you getting the message?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Heatley will have a huge game tonight.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Heater better or he should become a healthy sracth in the near future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum