GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avatars! What are you sportin' and why?

+14
Riprock
asq2
wprager
TheAvatar
caissie_1
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
The Silfer Server
Snuh
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Whatcha got right now? Why? What was it before?

Mine is obviously Kermit the Frog with an AK-45 (or something). It's there because I can do a mean Kermit impression and I think he's Diddle hilarious (as are most Muppets).

I had that red Sens wallpaper for a while, then the season went tits up. Before this I have Grover looking friggin' adorable (I may actually go back to that). I toyed with everything from a train derailing to Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

I've become a wee bit of an avatar whore.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MIne is the Boss, a character in Metal Gear Solid 3 (video game). Only game that I know that has such a deep story and so touching characters. Sad that only video games that go on TV are Guitar hero and Wiifit...or GTA to convince parents that video games are damaging kids' minds Suspect

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I used to have Alfie standing on the ice with his Jersey off. It was game 1 of the 07 Cup run vs. the Penguins just after a scuffle near the start of the game. It was the beginning of the Alfie chants. I chose my handle first and found that picture after. Most if not all of you should know my handle refers to Alfie but I thought I should spell it out since that's what this thread is for.

The current one I have is because I find my handle is so close to Cap'n Crunch and so I modified a Cap'n Crunch box (Yes I did a poor job) because people were changing there Avatar like their underwear so I wanted to get in on the action :D

- Unknown Author

Well mine is a photoshoped picture of Sam Mitchell (Old Raptor's Coach) on a picture of Tyrone the Crackhead (a Dave Chappelle character).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had a Fisher charicature that Clutch gave me (and I occasionally switch back to) and a few Family Guy ones. Currently, I have the marching Hammers from one of the BEST albums ever recorded: Pink Floyd,The Wall.

I have an awesome Will Ferrell "Cowbell" one I will use shortly and a few other comedic ones.

I'm trying to find some amusing or cool Sens animated avatars, but so far, no such luck.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Self explanatory.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Original one is Beeker freaking out at a kitchen fire. Just makes me laugh. Right now it's just a picture of the "You Can't Do That On Television" show intro. A little bit of nostalgia.

Hey, Heater. Since you're into Muppets, check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSvJwUFI_es

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:Original one is Beeker freaking out at a kitchen fire. Just makes me laugh. Right now it's just a picture of the "You Can't Do That On Television" show intro. A little bit of nostalgia.

Hahaha. I don't have sound at work, I'll have to wait until I get home. Some of it is quite freaky looking though.

PS..I've wanted to make an R-rated Muppet short/movie for a while. I think it would be hilarious.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Snuh wrote:Original one is Beeker freaking out at a kitchen fire. Just makes me laugh. Right now it's just a picture of the "You Can't Do That On Television" show intro. A little bit of nostalgia.

Hahaha. I don't have sound at work, I'll have to wait until I get home. Some of it is quite freaky looking though.

PS..I've wanted to make an R-rated Muppet short/movie for a while. I think it would be hilarious.

Well then, Heater, have I got a movie for YOU!!
Most of you know me as horror movie buff, and so I can remember about 10 years ago or so being at a friends house and watching a movie his older brother had called "Bad Taste." It's HILARIOUS and one of Peter Jackson's early unknown flicks. Right after he completed that, he put out a feature called "Meet The Feebles", which is freakin' HILARIOUS!! It's basically an R-rated/NC-17 rated Muppet movie. If you can come across it, you won't be sorry dude. Trust me!

Half the fun is watching Meet the Feebles or Bad Taste and then watching the Frighteners or Lord of the rings trilogy to see just how far Peter Jackson has come with NO formal training!

EDIT: It's not discontinued yet! Check it out!
http://www.amazon.ca/Meet-Feebles-Peter-Jackson/dp/B000065FS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234279873&sr=1-1

10Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

My current one is the rumoured Sens 3rd jersey. The one I wish they had... Shout out to the original Sens, a team that could actually win. Maybe this season would have been better if we had used these instead... Probably not. But excuses are kinda my thing, sooo...

Previously I had Ruutu about to uppercut Jim Slater. I liked it because fans from other teams always say that Ruutu doesn't fight, and here he is laying into Slater.

Then before that I had Bass beating on Kris Newbury. I love Cody Bass. I hate the Leafs. Pretty self explanatory there.

And lastly, my first avatar, when I was under the nickname of Dirtydirtynorth, was Volchenkov demolishing Tyler Kennedy of the Pens. It was a picture taken in Sweden. Kennedy looks terribly uncomfortable and in pain in the picture.

11Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:37 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:MIne is the Boss, a character in Metal Gear Solid 3 (video game). Only game that I know that has such a deep story and so touching characters. Sad that only video games that go on TV are Guitar hero and Wiifit...or GTA to convince parents that video games are damaging kids' minds Suspect

Don't know if you've played MGS4, but that game is absolutely stellar. Sadly it was my first Metal Gear Solid experience, and my friend had to explain a lot of the back story to me. The game in all took me about 40 hours to beat, so needless to say, extremely deep. It's really good.

12Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, I definitely will check that one out Cronie!

13Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
Don't know if you've played MGS4, but that game is absolutely stellar. Sadly it was my first Metal Gear Solid experience, and my friend had to explain a lot of the back story to me. The game in all took me about 40 hours to beat, so needless to say, extremely deep. It's really good.

I finished the first one on PS1, then I bought the 3 pack for PS2 and haven't done it yet. I'll have to get back into it.

14Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Well its just me 3 years ago when i had my beard for my teams playoffs then i got my girlfriend and i lost my beard Crying

15Avatars!  What are you sportin' and why? Empty Re: Avatars! What are you sportin' and why? Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Well then, Heater, have I got a movie for YOU!!
Most of you know me as horror movie buff, and so I can remember about 10 years ago or so being at a friends house and watching a movie his older brother had called "Bad Taste." It's HILARIOUS and one of Peter Jackson's early unknown flicks. Right after he completed that, he put out a feature called "Meet The Feebles", which is freakin' HILARIOUS!! It's basically an R-rated/NC-17 rated Muppet movie. If you can come across it, you won't be sorry dude. Trust me!

Half the fun is watching Meet the Feebles or Bad Taste and then watching the Frighteners or Lord of the rings trilogy to see just how far Peter Jackson has come with NO formal training!

EDIT: It's not discontinued yet! Check it out!
http://www.amazon.ca/Meet-Feebles-Peter-Jackson/dp/B000065FS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234279873&sr=1-1

Ha! I love those Peter Jackson movies, Cron! Another good one is "Dead Alive". It's along the lines of Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles. Another one of his great movies is Heavenly Creatures. One of Kate Winslet's first films. It's awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum