GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vanek to miss 5 weeks

+6
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
PTFlea
PKC
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:That was needed because that comment about Vanek was absolutly disgusting to me.

Pfft, give me a break. I give him 12 days before he says: "Get me the cage. I'm going back out there."

It's a bad gash in the jaw. The swelling might cost him a little extra time, but it won't be any 5 weeks.

17Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Doesnt matter who gets smoked in the face with a puck, I dont think people realize just how much it hurts and the damage it can do.

Is it fair to take 5 weeks off like its some sort of vacation... disgusting comment.

18Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:22 pm

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:That was needed because that comment about Vanek was absolutly disgusting to me.

Pfft, give me a break. I give him 12 days before he says: "Get me the cage. I'm going back out there."

It's a bad gash in the jaw. The swelling might cost him a little extra time, but it won't be any 5 weeks.

Thats fine, but to actually question the 5 weeks and the player who took a slap shot/onetimer off the face, unreal.

19Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Have either of you ever taken a slap shot or even a little flip shot off any part of your body, let alone your face? Prob not.

20Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Rolling Eyes

21Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

By flip shot, do you mean a 100+ MPH baseball?

Then yes. It sucks. Life goes on. Vanek will return in less than 2 weeks.

22Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm

504Heater wrote:By flip shot, do you mean a 100+ MPH baseball?

Ill take a baseball any day over a puck. Ive taken both, a baseball more than a puck.

She actually questioned him, thats the point. Whether or not he returns is irrelivant. I dont care if you guys are married or not, the comment was stupid and 100% ignorant.

23Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:Rolling Eyes

Did you change your avatar again? You can't get comfortable, can you?

Me neither. Although, I'll stick with the Muppet theme for a while, if anyone sees a cool pic of Ryan Shannon - preferable sitting on the bench with Fisher and Foligno, let me know please!

24Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Neely4Life wrote:

Ill take a baseball any day over a puck. Ive taken both, a baseball more than a puck.

She actually questioned him, thats the point. Whether or not he returns is irrelivant. I dont care if you guys are married or not, the comment was stupid and 100% ignorant.

that comment was stupid and 100% ignorant.

25Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 pm

504Heater wrote:

Me neither. Although, I'll stick with the Muppet theme for a while, if anyone sees a cool pic of Ryan Shannon - preferable sitting on the bench with Fisher and Foligno, let me know please!
trying to find one that fits me. i had the Turris one for ever, and the filatov for a while. i had a couple .gifs that didnt work. I love this one though.

btw- Swedish Chef FTW

26Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

They always back up what each other say, doesnt matter what it is. Heater should just admit the comment made was extremely wrong for someone sitting at home typing on a computer to make about anyone who is injured while playing hard for any team.

27Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

They always back up what each other say, doesnt matter what it is. Heater should just admit the comment made was extremely wrong for someone sitting at home typing on a computer to make about anyone who is injured while playing hard for any team.
Asq and Hemlock are always on the same page.... what are you implying?

in all seriousness, you said you weren't married. Once you are, then you get the right to make comments like that.

28Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:that comment was stupid and 100% ignorant.

I was wondering if I should even bother responding, but I can't stoop down to that.

29Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

in all seriousness, you said you weren't married. Once you are, then you get the right to make comments like that.

I lived with someone for two years, who cares. I'll tell the person when they are WRONG.

30Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
504Heater wrote:

trying to find one that fits me. i had the Turris one for ever, and the filatov for a while. i had a couple .gifs that didnt work. I love this one though.

btw- Swedish Chef FTW

Yeah, the Chef would be very cool. Doesn't Snuh have that goin' on? I'll stay GangstaKermit for a while, then hopefully Shannon will have scored.

31Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:They always back up what each other say, doesnt matter what it is. Heater should just admit the comment made was extremely wrong for someone sitting at home typing on a computer to make about anyone who is injured while playing hard for any team.

Meh, I don't care. If he misses 5 weeks I'll be as surprised as she is. Have the surgery, take the anti-swelling pills and put the cage on. I expected him to be back the same game.

If it's an orbital bone, then fine, if it's something more than the jaw, then fine. If it's a deep laceration of the jaw - see you in a week, with a cage.

32Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I lived with someone for two years, who cares. I'll tell the person when they are WRONG.

I've seen the way you respond to people you don't agree with, and it's far more than telling them they are wrong.

33Vanek to miss 5 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Vanek to miss 5 weeks Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Thats not the point, at all. The point was the original comment was totally uneducated and ignorant. It was wrong for her, or anyone to say something like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum