GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

From the Hockey News

+10
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
strachattack
beerandsens
PTFlea
Cronie
Riprock
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I want Emery back so badly it's not even funny. I listened to the wrong people about him. Nose candy? Go nuts, you were awesome for us, candy it up Sugar.

Look, I was behind Emery (you and I were probably the only two) but he did not play well last year. My opinion )at the time) was that he was not the only reason for the team's bad play, and that one bad season does not prove he was never good to begin with.

32From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:LOL...that's too funny. I'm trying to write Hitch-Wang

You mean like this?

Wang
Like this?

Wang.

Dang! It was perfect in the preview.

Hitchcock.

33From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So why did it work this time?

34From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So why did it work this time?

Because it's not seperated from hitch?

35From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's an old HBuzz trick. Embed code in the middle of the offending word so that the filters miss it. When you replied and previewed, it stripped the code and the filter did it's thing.

36From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:09 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

You mean like this?

Wang
Like this?

Wang.

HEY! How did you get it to work??

37From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

marakh wrote:

Because it's not seperated from hitch?

Even when I write it all together, which I did in the post...it comes up the same.

Again - Wang.

38From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

You mean like this?

Wang
Like this?

Wang.

HEY! How did you get it to work??
I'm good...

Wink

39From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I stopped reading after he said everything managerially Murray touches turns to lead!! Hartsburgh has succeeded at every level? what has he done in the NHL?

- Unknown Author

40From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I stopped reading after he said everything managerially Murray touches turns to lead!! Hartsburgh has succeeded at every level? what has he done in the NHL?

Totally agree Clutch. Funkin media.
We all know that Murray is responsible for Wang right? And his ridiculous magic in the 2003 draft? We're talking Getzlaf 19th overall, and Perry 28th.

Yeah. They sure turned to lead.

41From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Yeah, I agree that was a BS comment.

42From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 pm

504Heater wrote:Worst article I've read in a long, long time. Hartsburg is an amazing junior coach. Enough said. You'd have to be blind and stupid not to see that he didn't have a good enough system and didn't have the players buying into whatever system he brought.

Boo hoo hoo, he's such a good coach! No he's not. Plain and simple, he was NOT a good coach, he was another coach like John Paddock who has no system and looked baffled 90% of the time.

Hey Hockey News Idiot: put this in your pipe and smoke it: Brian Murray waited too Diddle long to fire Hartsburg.

Union that Dung head.
Co-sign 100%
They didn't buy into his system because he didn't change it at all - ever! Did you see that article from Duthie at the citizen?? I couldn't believe what I was Diddle reading.
Couple that with the way Alfredsson talked about the firing and the indifference he showed... They obviously had no relationship whatsoever.

Hartsburg absolutely deserved to get fired. Now that all of this is out in the open, I have no doubt in my mind...

43From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Not disagreeing that Hartsberg, in hindsight, wasnt the right guy. That said it is still on the players to do what the coach says, the system he puts in (what ever it is) and to exicute it.

This is still on the guys in the room, there are no excuses anymore.

44From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Does this mean I don't have to write 'Hitch' instead of Wang?

45From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Does this mean I don't have to write 'Hitch' instead of Wang?
I'd suggest you all say Hitchc0ck.

46From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Campbell's article is just one of many we can expect from the so-called 'experts' in mainstream hockey media.

To date, however, I have yet to read from ANY hockey writer, a thorough analysis of the effect that the Ottawa Senators' continual bumbling in terms of managing their assets, has had on the value of the franchise. This both in terms of negative financial impact, and diminishing of the brand.

When a company goes into freefall, its sales and profits plummet, its stock value drops, and people get fired.

As we have seen in the current economic downturn, we see companies that are failing, STILL pay obscene salaries and bonuses to the executives that created the mess.

As the Senators have become 'Thrashers North' in terms of on-ice performance, ask yourselves why the multi-millionaires on the ice continue to collect their paycheques in Ottawa.

Looking at the Senators from a business perspective, one has to wonder what logic they are operating from.

Though there other coaches (Hartley, Nolan, Tortorella) who seemed like more logical choices, I was ready to give Bryan Murray and Eugene Melnyk the benefit of the doubt when they hired Craig Hartsburg.

The stated objective by Bryan Murray last summer was that they were going to change the identity of the team to defense-first strategic and tactical approach; and that competitiveness, accountability and 'being tougher to play against' would be paramount.

Craig Hartsburg was given a three year guaranteed contract with an apparent mandate to make that change.

Those who diss Hartsburg, an extremely knowledgeable hockey man and world-class NHL player, with a strong record in junior play that matched and exceeded Peter DeBoer's, as well as experience with NHL teams that had personnel issues, do him an injustice.

Was he the right man for the job? Melnyk and Murray apparently thought so. But they threw him under the bus halfway through the season.

That says more about them, than it says about Hartsburg.

To his credit, Craig Hartsburg gave a dignified and restrained press conference today. He has class.

We will simply never know what Hartsburg could have done if he had been given the time and the personnel.

47From the Hockey News - Page 3 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

you know what kills me. We ridicule a team who hires their backup goaltender to be GM in Garth Snow and the NY Islanders.

We redicule the Toronto Maple Leafs when John Ferguson Jr was Diddle up the team royally ( I remember thinking what joke he was)

How are we now ANY different. We go through head coaches like toilet paper, we have two pampered primadonna little babies making huge coin and we have gone in the space of two years from an elite team, run with envied efficiency, to a F$CK$NG JOKE.

Other teams look down on us, they look to Ottawa as - 2 points, Oh, we have Ottawa tonight - 2 points we play Ottawa 3 times in the next 10 games, there is 6 guaranteed points.

This is what is killing my desire to cheer for this team, slowly but surely. Not losing, winning and losing cycles affect every team at different times, but the complete ineptitude of management to even ADMIT this team needs a rebuild. It enrages me and saddens me. I get the impression that management of this team really doesn't care.

Spezza F$CKS the dog, but is rewarded with his regularily alotted minutes, Heatley looks like he doesn't wish to even lace up his skates, but still gets his 20 mins or so.

Why should I cheer for this team. What have they done to ensure my continued support? 🇳🇴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum