GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

From the Hockey News

+10
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
strachattack
beerandsens
PTFlea
Cronie
Riprock
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Once dick weed Cambell here got off his Hartsburg high-horse, he wrote the bleeding obvious. Something we all feel right now:

Give me John Muckler back and make Brian Murray head of scouting.

17From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:35 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

I posted this in another thread but I think it could provide some balance to what was written in the HN... even though it's only Duthie's blog;

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/duthie/default.aspx

18From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:35 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Just for fun, check this link out

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/15043-THNcom-Blog-Why-Im-picking-the-Senators.html

Wow, smart and insightful. No wonder he still feels the same way. What, he doesn't? Oh well...

19From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Once dick weed Cambell here got off his Hartsburg high-horse, he wrote the bleeding obvious. Something we all feel right now:

Or head coach?

20From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:38 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

strachattack wrote:I posted this in another thread but I think it could provide some balance to what was written in the HN... even though it's only Duthie's blog;

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/duthie/default.aspx

Thanks, that article actually told me something I didn't know before. I recommend it.

21From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Just for the record, I wasn't agreeing with him saying that Hartsburg was a good coach. It is very clear that he wasn't. But, I do agree with the fact that Murray should've been fired before Hartsburg. It is his grave he is digging with all of his friggin' Paddock hirings. And, again, with this new guy...probably the final straw for him when he had the opportunity to hire an NHL caliber coach.

It's looking more and more like Emery was in fact NOT the problem in Ottawa. I love how everyone blames the wrong guys all the time.

22From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Once dick weed Cambell here got off his Hartsburg high-horse, he wrote the bleeding obvious. Something we all feel right now:

Or head coach?

Sure. I worry about his health behind the bench at that age, but he needs to get out of the GM chair and do something else before he's forced out.

23From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Or head coach?

Sure. I worry about his health behind the bench at that age, but he needs to get out of the GM chair and do something else before he's forced out.

I'm pretty sure Murray's healthy enough to have a go at it for another year or two. I could be wrong...but he seems just fine.

24From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want Emery back so badly it's not even funny. I listened to the wrong people about him. Nose candy? Go nuts, you were awesome for us, candy it up Sugar.

25From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:I want Emery back so badly it's not even funny. I listened to the wrong people about him. Nose candy? Go nuts, you were awesome for us, candy it up Sugar.

That is a WICKED comment. So very true too. The team was a heck of a lot more 'together' with Ray here. One of the mistakes by Murray. I don't care what anyone has to say about that.

26From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:Just for the record, I wasn't agreeing with him saying that Hartsburg was a good coach. It is very clear that he wasn't. But, I do agree with the fact that Murray should've been fired before Hartsburg. It is his grave he is digging with all of his friggin' Paddock hirings. And, again, with this new guy...probably the final straw for him when he had the opportunity to hire an NHL caliber coach.

It's looking more and more like Emery was in fact NOT the problem in Ottawa. I love how everyone blames the wrong guys all the time.

Yes you're right and thanks for posting the article, I'll be shocked if Murray sticks around as GM for another year after this debaucle. Again, this writer is calling it now that it's dead obvious. And many others have and will continue to.

27From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:52 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

beerandsens wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Just for the record, I wasn't agreeing with him saying that Hartsburg was a good coach. It is very clear that he wasn't. But, I do agree with the fact that Murray should've been fired before Hartsburg. It is his grave he is digging with all of his friggin' Paddock hirings. And, again, with this new guy...probably the final straw for him when he had the opportunity to hire an NHL caliber coach.

Yes you're right and thanks for posting the article, I'll be shocked if Murray sticks around as GM for another year after this debaucle. Again, this writer is calling it now that it's dead obvious. And many others have and will continue to.

No problem, I thought it was worth reading for a couple of points. I know we've heard it all before...but still.

I know we're going to be hearing and reading way more about this whole situation. It is extremely frustrating and annoying to hear certain things in particular. But unfortunately, we're going to have to deal with it until things get better.

28From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That was a really poor article IMO. Im pretty sure I Can find an article in the hockey news saying the signings of spezza and heatley were pretty good, when it occured. I won't even mention the mistakes or misinformation (Gerber 4 year deal, for instance).
How about "REdden is gone, thankls to Muckler"... YEah, because REdden is exploding in Manhattan right now Suspect

29From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:LOL...that's too funny. I'm trying to write Hitch-Wang

You mean like this?

Wang

30From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

You mean like this?

Wang
Like this?

Hitchcock.

31From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I want Emery back so badly it's not even funny. I listened to the wrong people about him. Nose candy? Go nuts, you were awesome for us, candy it up Sugar.

Look, I was behind Emery (you and I were probably the only two) but he did not play well last year. My opinion )at the time) was that he was not the only reason for the team's bad play, and that one bad season does not prove he was never good to begin with.

32From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

You mean like this?

Wang
Like this?

Wang.

Dang! It was perfect in the preview.

Hitchcock.

33From the Hockey News - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Hockey News Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So why did it work this time?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum