GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am done with Hartsburg... he is dead to me.

+14
beedub
LethalLehner
Jordo
jamvan
Cronie
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
b33f
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

b33f wrote:Just fire them all so this team is interesting again..

I am done with Hartsburg... he is dead to me. - Page 2 Iraqi_information_minister

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

For all of Murray's assets and strengths, his one weakness is hiring coaches for the Ottawa Senators. After all, he did hire Mike Wang in Anaheim. But holy hell does Hartsburg frustrate me!!!

I was actually saying some good things about him during the first two periods regarding our PP, but then in the third, the guy decides to change up the defensive pairings... Why the Diddle would you mess with what's working. It's absolutely nonsensical. Picard and Kuba play well together on the point of the PP, they often play together even strength, why would you split them up, pair Kuba up with Lee, and then put them on our top PP line, a line that ONLY has right-handed shots. So now you have 4 players who shoot right with 1 who shoots left, with two defencemen who don't play with each other, and then have demote the only goal scorer and put him on a unit that only has left handed shots, while playing him with another young defenceman whom he has no chemistry with. WTF Hartsburg!!!!!!!

Change things if they don't work, don't change things if they do.

Oh and I can't stand Bell, he's a good AHL dman, but what the hell is he doing in the NHL. Great, he scored a flukey game winning goal. McAmmond has 2 of them, maybe he should play on the top line.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Hartsburg truly isn't the guy to do it and he is let go then you have to send Murray packing as well. Honestly, do you want this guy picking the next coach? Unless you keep Murray out of that decision, and I can't see how you can, then Murray has to go as well.

I'm not entirely convinced it's Hartsburg's fault here. How many coaches do we go through before the players shoulder most of the blame?

I agree with this, but Hartsburg hasn't done much more than Paddock did. Sure he called out the teams best 3 players and sat an undeserving Smith. It isn't working, and sadly, I too am starting to think that Hartsburg needs to go the way of the Paddock.

Bring in Tortorella and let him have a few paint-melting nuclear meltdowns on this team. If they don't listen then, blow up the whole Diddle thing. This all talk no action, country club atmosphere has to stop.

If Hartsburg goes, Murray goes.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm mortified that we scratched Smith last night. That could almost be a push over the edge for Hartsburg's job. He did it 20 games too late.
As for the rest of this so-called team of ours, they are shameful to the game. I can't believe i'm still wasting my time with these guys.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa... Sensgirl has officially lost hope too... This is not good.

While I hate losing, I like the prospect of seeing Tavares land in Ottawa and hopefully Murray makes some interesting acquisitions over the summer and such, because there's NO point in my view of having these guys pull a drive only to finish in no-mans land... Sad

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:whoa... Sensgirl has officially lost hope too... This is not good.

While I hate losing, I like the prospect of seeing Tavares land in Ottawa and hopefully Murray makes some interesting acquisitions over the summer and such, because there's NO point in my view of having these guys pull a drive only to finish in no-mans land... Sad
I don't think we can catch the Islanders, but we should get close to 2nd last. The team will enver say they are playing for a pick, that would be stupid, but you never know if they are. I don't blame HArtsburg, Smith wouldn't have helped that effort last night.

Again, no need to blow this up. The big 3 are having an off year, yet still putting up points.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well said Jammer.
Besides, with Murray's astute drafting, and perhaps a few interesting acquisitions in the off-season, who knows what 08-09 holds for this squad?

lol, typical from a lot of people on this site. Blame the coach, the GM, and the goalie, pick what ever one you want. Lets not blame the big money guys and the fact they are useless unless they are on the PP.

18.7 mil between Heatley, Spezza, and Fisher... Unless Hartsberg can put the skates on and play the game, he has very little blame.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:lol, typical from a lot of people on this site. Blame the coach, the GM, and the goalie, pick what ever one you want. Lets not blame the big money guys and the fact they are useless unless they are on the PP.

18.7 mil between Heatley, Spezza, and Fisher... Unless Hartsberg can put the skates on and play the game, he has very little blame.

You can blame those guys for sure but saying they're having an off year is a valid point. They can be to blame AND be having an off year at the same time.

Remember when no one wanted to touch Marleau with a ten foot poll? Look at him now.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:lol, typical from a lot of people on this site. Blame the coach, the GM, and the goalie, pick what ever one you want. Lets not blame the big money guys and the fact they are useless unless they are on the PP.

You can blame those guys for sure but saying they're having an off year is a valid point. They can be to blame AND be having an off year at the same time.

Remember when no one wanted to touch Marleau with a ten foot poll? Look at him now.

Yup, but it only took 1 coaching change for him to get going, not 4 different coaches.

Spezza is a career loser thus far in his life, I dont see it turning around. Why? Because he cant depend on himself to be better, he depends on others.

Hartsburg should have sent a message to these guys a long time ago. How much of that $18.7M has seen the pine for underperforming? Answer not a game. Fisher goes through dry spells that would kill a camel yet he never sees the pressbox? Spezza has been good lately but at points this season he was BAD. Healey has shown less effort some nights than the parking attendants, not recently but before Christmas he was LAZY. I am not saying Hartsburg has to be Tony Robbins but he can't even get this team up to play any games with passion. And if you don't want to place blame on Hartsburg tell me how he is working towards... acountability?... consistent effort level?... anything? I see no evidence that it is being done. As a fan and season ticket holder, I am entitled to that answer.

MurderOnIce wrote:

Hartsburg should have sent a message to these guys a long time ago. How much of that $18.7M has seen the pine for underperforming? Answer not a game. Fisher goes through dry spells that would kill a camel yet he never sees the pressbox? Spezza has been good lately but at points this season he was BAD. Healey has shown less effort some nights than the parking attendants, not recently but before Christmas he was LAZY. I am not saying Hartsburg has to be Tony Robbins but he can't even get this team up to play any games with passion. And if you don't want to place blame on Hartsburg tell me how he is working towards... acountability?... consistent effort level?... anything? I see no evidence that it is being done. As a fan and season ticket holder, I am entitled to that answer.

You're right, you are, and I have season tickets too. The fact is they are trying to win games and Spezza and Heatley have both been benched this year at times, and Heatley isnt even on that top unit anymore, so there is so acountabulity.

Its goes beyond Hartsberg, you cant sit the guys that are SUPPOSED to be your best players. There is more coming from above than people think.

Neely4Life wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

You're right, you are, and I have season tickets too. The fact is they are trying to win games and Spezza and Heatley have both been benched this year at times, and Heatley isnt even on that top unit anymore, so there is so acountabulity.

Its goes beyond Hartsberg, you cant sit the guys that are SUPPOSED to be your best players. There is more coming from above than people think.

I agree thaat there are certainly more problems than Hartsburg. IMO he was just the wrong guy. Murray seems to go the vanilla route in terms of coach and Hartsburg was certainly a vanilla coach. Paddock was a vanilla coach. The team needs a chipoltle coach.... A hot salsa coach... someone who intimidates them or at least has the will to stay on top of their issues through to closure. 1 bag skate all year for a team that has underachieved to this degree is not an acceptable response to me.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Just a random thought- do you think sitting Smith was to light a fire under him so he whips the rest of the team into shape? We know what kind of attitude Smith has when he's in his game... maybe they're trying to get him to come out swinging in the next game and inspire some others? I might be way off- but it's just something to think about. The timing doesn't really make sense...

The break killed us- it would have been nice to keep rolling with those wins- but guys keep in mind that this is a VERY solid Devils team. Albeit they're missing Marty Brodeur, Clemmensen has played really well in his place and the devils forwards are really clicking- especially with the addition of Shanny... I could realistically see this team going deep into the playoffs when Brodeur comes back. They still play that god-damned trap system when they get a lead, but now their forwards have a bit more pizazz and are more lethal when you turn the puck over.

Am I the only one who thought Picard was absolutely horrendous last night? Sure he scored the goal from a BEAUTY feed, but aside from that, he was just awful...

PS- Murder- that last post just made me hungry. mmm chipotle.

Well if there is a new coach coming in, this will be SPezza's 5th coach in 6 seasons... Ill let people draw their own conclussions, Ive had mine drawn for a while about the guy.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And when it rains, it pours as they say. Smile

Neely4Life wrote:Well if there is a new coach coming in, this will be SPezza's 5th coach in 6 seasons... Ill let people draw their own conclussions, Ive had mine drawn for a while about the guy.

I am torn on the guy myself. There are some nights and stretches of a game where he looks like the best player in the world. Like that overtime against Montreal. He was great. Then he giggles, gets lazy, takes too long a shift, plays with zero discipline, it is frustrating to watch. If he was 100% dedicated we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Just a random thought- do you think sitting Smith was to light a fire under him so he whips the rest of the team into shape? We know what kind of attitude Smith has when he's in his game... maybe they're trying to get him to come out swinging in the next game and inspire some others? I might be way off- but it's just something to think about. The timing doesn't really make sense...

I thought that too. Make him pissed so he takes it out on the guys who are doggin' it.

And yes, I too thought Picard blew last night. I made sure everyone around me knew how much I hated our entire D - especially Picard last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum