GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF World Juniors: Canada vs Sweden - 7:00pm Dec. 19th, 2008

+2
LeCaptain
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
pgood wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I PVR'd the game and skimmed through it. Hedman got knocked around quite easily, twice in his first shift he was leveled like he was 5'7". For a guy his size he's going to have to work on playing that way.

Karlsson looked good. Obviously a force to be feared on the P and has quite the aggressive streak.

Karlsson and Hedman played the PK together, and in a very interesting strategic move, Hedman was also used as a forward on the PP. I guess mostly to get a huge body in front of the net, kind of like the Sens used to do with Chara, but when the Canadians broke out he would just kind of float along the Canadian blue line and wait for that breakout/breakaway pass. Which I guess goes to tell you a lot about his skill level offensively and the contributions they expect from him, when they use Hedman in that role as opposed to say a skilled forward like Moeller.

I think it also tells you a lot that Karlsson didn't start the game PKing but by the end was at times on the first unit.

Unfortunately I missed the start of the game (the entire 1st) due to commuting delays, so I did not know that Karlsson didn't start the game on the PK.

So that is interesting to note, and definitely says a lot about how he played to be upgraded from not at all, to being a first on the PK.

I definitely am looking forward to seeing this kid in a Sens uniform at some point in the future.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Canadian F Dana Tyrell suffered a "significant" knee injury during Friday's game vs. Sweden and definitely will miss the next game, possibly more.

Can't recall if Canada's got reserves on the roster, if not, what do they do now?

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

They can still add to their roster, I believe. It doesn't have to be set until a little later on, I believe.

Maybe this is an opening for Hall?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:They can still add to their roster, I believe. It doesn't have to be set until a little later on, I believe.

Yeah the announcers during the game said something like midnight on xmas or something like that. McGuire also said that he thinks it should be Evander Kane.

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
asq2 wrote:They can still add to their roster, I believe. It doesn't have to be set until a little later on, I believe.

Yeah the announcers during the game said something like midnight on xmas or something like that. McGuire also said that he thinks it should be Evander Kane.

Can't go wrong with either guy.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Just announced that Evander Kane has rejoined the team:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=260312&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

dirtydirtynorth wrote:Just announced that Evander Kane has rejoined the team:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=260312&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Good for him. Hall will have another chance. No worries.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Kane's a good player as well. Definitely not a bad decision.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:Kane's a good player as well. Definitely not a bad decision.

For sure... really couldn't go wrong with too many of the guys who were in camp a week ago.

Still note sure about the 12-8 mix, rather than 13-7... but... what can you do.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Alright, so I'm going to the game tomorrow in Brampton between SWE and CZE, couldn't find any ticket pairs to any games I was interested in Ottawa, and they're cheap here so, might as well. Will pay close attention to #4 and #5 on SWE as well as MSP and Petersson.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Alright, so I'm going to the game tomorrow in Brampton between SWE and CZE, couldn't find any ticket pairs to any games I was interested in Ottawa, and they're cheap here so, might as well. Will pay close attention to #4 and #5 on SWE as well as MSP and Petersson.

Thanks. Hopefully Karlsson can continue his strong play. We need a bright-spot this season. Wink

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bright spot = Hedman and/or Tavares?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Depends on how dramatically we fail this season.

I'm worried that the team will make a move or two, improve and end up at around the 10 slot.

That could still maybe nab us a Ryan Ellis or Brayden Schenn, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum