GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm Dec. 19th, 2008

+13
Mojo
LethalLehner
asq2
wprager
Riprock
Mosky
TheAvatar
Sens4thecup
SeawaySensFan
smash88
LeCaptain
BigRig
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The struggling Sens roll into Jersey tonight to face the Devils. The team has not performed consistently all season and is under pressure to start getting their game together. Rumours swirl of a team that is not getting along together and players not putting in the effort. Harstburg is splitting up the Big Three, yet again, putting them each on a different line.

The Devils have managed to keep the wins coming despite losing the services of Martin Brodeur. Clemmenson and Weekes have stepped up and given the Devils the goal tending they need.

Current records:
- Ottawa: 11-13-5, 27 pts - last in the Northeast Division
- New Jersey: 17-9-3, 37 pts - second last in the Atlantic Division

TSN's Ice Chips from yesterday:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Ilya Zubov skated Thursday as an extra winger on the line with Ruutu-Spezza-Neil. He is having visa problems, so Cody Bass has been recalled. Brian Lee was sent back to the AHL after practice. Anton Volchenkov (lower body) will play Friday in New Jersey, but Dean McAmmond won't (pneumonia). Jesse Winchester did not skate for a second consecutive day. On Wednesday, coach Craig Hartsburg said Winchester was dealing with bumps and bruises. Alex Auld will start in goal Friday. - TSN

Practice lines yesterday were:

Forwards:
Vermette - Fisher - Alfredsson
Heatley - Kelly - Foligno
Ruutu - Spezza - Neil
Schubert - McAmmond - Donovan

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Smith - Lee

Goaltender:
Auld
Gerber

Clemmensen is expected to go for the Devils. Auld will go for the Sens. I'll update here when that's confirmed.

The Black and Blue Report:

SENATORS: C Dean McAmmond (pneumonia), indefinite ... D Anton Volchenkov (leg), day-to-day ... C Jesse Winchester (upper body), day-to-day.

DEVILS: G Martin Brodeur (elbow), out until February ... D Bryce Salvador (upper body), questionable.

Game is on RDS,SNET-E,MSG PLUS (HD). NHL CI has the game for those outside of the coverage area.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:The struggling Sens roll into Jersey tonight to face the Devils. The team has not performed consistently all season and is under pressure to start getting their game together. Rumours swirl of a team that is not getting along together and players not putting in the effort. Harstburg is splitting up the Big Three, yet again, putting them each on a different line.

The Devils have managed to keep the wins coming despite losing the services of Martin Brodeur. Clemmenson and Weekes have stepped up and given the Devils the goal tending they need.

Current records:
- Ottawa: 11-13-5, 27 pts - last in the Northeast Division
- New Jersey: 17-9-3, 37 pts - second last in the Atlantic Division

TSN's Ice Chips from yesterday:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Ilya Zubov skated Thursday as an extra winger on the line with Ruutu-Spezza-Neil. He is having visa problems, so Cody Bass has been recalled. Brian Lee was sent back to the AHL after practice. Anton Volchenkov (lower body) will play Friday in New Jersey, but Dean McAmmond won't (pneumonia). Jesse Winchester did not skate for a second consecutive day. On Wednesday, coach Craig Hartsburg said Winchester was dealing with bumps and bruises. Alex Auld will start in goal Friday. - TSN

Practice lines yesterday were:

Forwards:
Vermette - Fisher - Alfredsson
Heatley - Kelly - Foligno
Ruutu - Spezza - Neil
Schubert - McAmmond - Donovan

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Picard
Smith - Lee

Goaltender:
Auld
Gerber

Clemmensen is expected to go for the Devils. Auld will go for the Sens. I'll update here when that's confirmed.

The Black and Blue Report:

SENATORS: C Dean McAmmond (pneumonia), indefinite ... D Anton Volchenkov (leg), day-to-day ... C Jesse Winchester (upper body), day-to-day.

DEVILS: G Martin Brodeur (elbow), out until February ... D Bryce Salvador (upper body), questionable.

Game is on RDS,SNET-E,MSG PLUS (HD). NHL CI has the game for those outside of the coverage area.

it speaks volumes that Spezza's on the third line....love it....

apart from that , Deano's not playing so sub in Winchester on line 4 and that's how it should look....ofr how many periods is the question.

I would hate to see the Cash line united at any point other than PP.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Harstburg has said he'll try the new lines for 1 period. If they're not working, it will be back to the old ways. They've gotta give it more than that.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/19/7799336-sun.html
Hartsburg said he'd try to be patient, although he won't stick with the new lines for long if they don't work.

So, how long is that?

"A period," Hartsburg said.
Meh.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

COuld also mean other line combinations but the big 3 still seperated.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Harstburg has said he'll try the new lines for 1 period. If they're not working, it will be back to the old ways. They've gotta give it more than that.

Hartsburg said he'd try to be patient, although he won't stick with the new lines for long if they don't work.

So, how long is that?

Meh.

Absolute garbage...

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Harstburg has said he'll try the new lines for 1 period. If they're not working, it will be back to the old ways. They've gotta give it more than that.

So, how long is that?

Meh.

Absolute garbage...

No kidding. Like i said in that poll about how long we think this will last. 55 minutes. The Sens will be down and the coins line (I've downgraded them from "cash") will get reunited.

Lame. We better see some movement on the 27th.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, how long is that?

Meh.

What a shocker! LOL

Like I said, Hartsburg is in over his head. Good coach, just not a fit with coach killers like the Ottawa Senators.

Now the organization has no choice but to make a deal. The coaching caroussel has to stop. Hartsburg must stay, for better or for worse.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:

So, how long is that?

Meh.

What a shocker! LOL

Like I said, Hartsburg is in over his head. Good coach, just not a fit with coach killers like the Ottawa Senators.

Now the organization has no choice but to make a deal. The coaching caroussel has to stop. Hartsburg must stay, for better or for worse.

I agree about the caroussel needing to stop....I still think we need a pitbull like Torts...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigRig77 wrote:I agree about the caroussel needing to stop....I still think we need a pitbull like Torts...

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, BR.

At this point it'll be a player move rather than a coaching move. Just because.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Something needs to be done. We have already lived threw the John Paddock days of line changing. It dosn't work. Murray has to come to the realization that our window has closed and we need to re-build.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:I agree about the caroussel needing to stop....I still think we need a pitbull like Torts...

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, BR.

At this point it'll be a player move rather than a coaching move. Just because.
Pat Quinn? Should be available after the World Juniors...

Rumours are Edmonton may be in line to get him with all their struggles.

Winchester is not playing tonight and I think Bass is centering that 4th line.

Spezza better keep his head up tonight because with those 2 guys on his wings, because no matter who they are up against, they will be pissed off. I hope Ruutu has a 100MPH one timer, lol. Time for Spezza to put the hard hat on,

Kelly has produce with Heatley before and Foligno is going to get some real minutes that dont involve Spezza.

The Alfi line will be the best line for the Sens as usual.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If Vermette doesn't get a point with Alfie on hsi line, his case is lost.

Last edited by marakh on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

marakh wrote:If Vermette doesn't get a point with Alfie on hsi line, his case is lost.

I wouldnt go that far, haha, but the guys who are usually with Alfi, they tend to produce, its been like that his entire career.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:If Vermette doesn't get a point with Alfie on hsi line, his case is lost.

And if Fisher doesn't get a point, it will be on Vermette also.

As usual, Vermette gets an "opportunity" with two strikes against him.

Strike one: on the wing

Strike two: on a line with Fisher

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum