GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a feeling...

+12
dennycrane
wprager
bluewhiteandgolf
TheAvatar
PKC
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Snuh
rooneypoo
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Any way to deal Fisher and Vermette for Bouwmeester and Horton?

Would solve A LOT of problems for us.

Yes it would (complete with a re-signing of Bouwmeester).

32I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It doesn't solve Florida's money problems though. I think we're stuck with Fisher for the duration of his contract.

33I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nathan Horton just shot Martin in the foot with comments like that. Martin will have to take below market for Horton I think.

That's a good point, Cap'n. Where/when, exactly, did Horton say those comments? Are they in print?

To be honest the way I read Heater's post I assumed it was in print somewhere and was common knowledge but I don't know for sure.

34I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

It doesn't solve Florida's money problems though. I think we're stuck with Fisher for the duration of his contract.

Fisher + Horton + heatley could be a line, with Alfie on another with I don't know who. Spezz is more than gone if we acquire Horton.

35I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:05 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA!! Check your pm's Heater... I have a juicy thing to pass on!

I'm sorry man but this is rude.

36I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA!! Check your pm's Heater... I have a juicy thing to pass on!

I agree. Cronie - Bad form for sure dude.

- Unknown Author

37I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

As for your feeling, I think you may have hit the nail on the head!!

please share!!!!!

38I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL, Cronie will share. It's basically this:

http://www.senschirp.ca/

Intense though.

Mind you, forgive me if I don't go out and purchase a Horton jersey tonight.

39I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I read that earlier, but Horton isn't mentioned. It was the "Horton would rather retire than play in Florida" that pricked up my ears.

40I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:59 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Florida has been on the upswing lately. I can't see anything happening with them until at least Jan. 1.

41I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

It wasn't just a rumor, I was checking and throwing something personal Heater's way. All apologies for the confusion.

As for the rumor, I was asked not to post or say anything yet, and I respected my buddy's wishes.

42I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:20 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The point is it's rude to go to a public forum and to send a message destined to a private user that basically says "check your email, I sent you something interesting and I won't/can't tell anyone else". It doesn't matter if it was to tell him you just farted or that you bought the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club.

43I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

o.k. Av, you don't have to accept my apology, but I offer it to the forum nonetheless for a lapse of judgment on my part.

44I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was nothing guys, leave it be. Cronie and I always try to weed out sources on trades, not only for us, but for you guys as well. Perhaps he got everyone's interest there, but believe me, when we know something, so will you.

You guys have to understand that Cronie's just trying to get info for all of us - and to get info you have to protect sources.

He got people excited there, but how about you give him a mulligan on that? He's trying to find info to give us 'armchair GMs'.

45I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Fisher + Horton + heatley could be a line, with Alfie on another with I don't know who. Spezz is more than gone if we acquire Horton.

Many a time I've thought about Fisher on the wing.

It never happens.

46I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Nathan Horton has a lot still to prove and definitely has some questions surrounding his character.

I don't see how you could look at him as being a replacement for Spezza.

The grass isn't always greener...

47I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 pm

Horton's proven he can score at this level. Perhaps there are some other questions, but if we didn't have any concerns or questions about Spezza we wouldn't be moving him.

I think a change of scenery will be good for Horton.

48I have a feeling... - Page 3 Empty Re: I have a feeling... Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Nathan Horton has a lot still to prove and definitely has some questions surrounding his character.

I don't see how you could look at him as being a replacement for Spezza.

The grass isn't always greener...

He couldn't replace Spezza IMO, but I think he can turn the offense around right now (and for the next 3 years). He's cheap, he's big, he's gritty. With any luck at all, he'd get Fisher going as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next