GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a feeling...

+12
dennycrane
wprager
bluewhiteandgolf
TheAvatar
PKC
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Snuh
rooneypoo
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1I have a feeling... Empty I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nathan Horton is a supreme talent, most people recognize what he brings to the table. However...he hates being in Florida and playing for the Panthers. He's actually been quoted as saying he'd rather retire than play for the Panthers any more, which has prompted more than a few people to call him a 'loser'.

Here's the problem for the Panthers...he still has 3 years left after this at 12 million dollars. Talk about something that you don't need around your team.

So what's next? Obviously a trade, that much is all but done, but where?

The Ottawa Senators.

For whom? Antoine Vermette.

At first glance it wreaks of an unfair trade for Florida - and I would imagine there would have to be something else added to the mix, but the rumours continue to circulate that Martin would like to get his hands on Vermette - and unload Horton.

2 + 2 sometimes really does equal 4.

Antoine Vermette and a 2nd round pick for Nathan Horton.

I have a feeling this may actually happen. But then...I also had a feeling I'd win the lottery last week.

2I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Unfair" trades are inevitable for Florida if the cost-cutting axe is indeed being swung.

Weiss' contract starts going up next season as well.

3I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WHOA!! Check your pm's Heater... I have a juicy thing to pass on!

As for your feeling, I think you may have hit the nail on the head!!

4I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Ive said this since last summer so....

5I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA!! Check your pm's Heater... I have a juicy thing to pass on!

Erm, can you pass it on this way too please :D

6I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Nathan Horton is a supreme talent, most people recognize what he brings to the table. However...he hates being in Florida and playing for the Panthers. He's actually been quoted as saying he'd rather retire than play for the Panthers any more, which has prompted more than a few people to call him a 'loser'.

Here's the problem for the Panthers...he still has 3 years left after this at 12 million dollars. Talk about something that you don't need around your team.

The Ottawa Senators.

At first glance it wreaks of an unfair trade for Florida - and I would imagine there would have to be something else added to the mix, but the rumours continue to circulate that Martin would like to get his hands on Vermette - and unload Horton.

I have a feeling this may actually happen. But then...I also had a feeling I'd win the lottery last week.

I would *love* to see that happen.

Vermette and a 2nd. Diddle, I'd get out by bicycle in the middle of January, bike 70 KM from Orleans to Kanata to pick Vermette up, strap him to the handlebars, bike another 40 KM to the airport to see him off, and bike those 40 KM back to SBP with Horton strapped on the handlebars, to boot. -40, pp hill and wind in my face both ways, I don't care, I'm f'ing doing it.

I love the way that guy plays. He can handle C and RW, too, which means that should we ever have to ship Spezza out, we'd still have options.

Done.

7I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Vermette and a 2nd. Diddle, I'd get out by bicycle in the middle of January, bike 70 KM from Orleans to Kanata to pick Vermette up, strap him to the handlebars, bike another 40 KM to the airport to see him off, and bike those 40 KM back to SBP with Horton strapped on the handlebars, to boot. -40, pp hill and wind in my face both ways, I don't care, I'm f'ing doing it.

I love the way that guy plays. He can handle C and RW, too, which means that should we ever have to ship Spezza out, we'd still have options.

Done.

Hahahahaha. The whole thing is funny.

8I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:WHOA!! Check your pm's Heater... I have a juicy thing to pass on!

Erm, can you pass it on this way too please :D

He's going to I think Hem.

9I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Nathan Horton is a supreme talent, most people recognize what he brings to the table. However...he hates being in Florida and playing for the Panthers. He's actually been quoted as saying he'd rather retire than play for the Panthers any more, which has prompted more than a few people to call him a 'loser'.

The Ottawa Senators.

Done.

That's a lot of love for Horton......what type of player is he? who would you compare him to? Please say Steve Larmer - that guy was awesome.

10I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:31 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:

That's a lot of love for Horton......what type of player is he? who would you compare him to? Please say Steve Larmer - that guy was awesome.

Horton? Big, physical, mean goal-scorer. Not at all afraid to get nasty or bang his way into the front of the net. Hasn't reached anything close to his potential, yet, which isn't surprising given the talent that surrounds him.

If I were to compare him to someone today, it would be Getzlaf. Hasn't got quite the same hands, yet, but he's got that kind of ability. Not as good, but on his way there.

11I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:

Horton? Big, physical, mean goal-scorer. Not at all afraid to get nasty or bang his way into the front of the net. Hasn't reached anything close to his potential, yet, which isn't surprising given the talent that surrounds him.

If I were to compare him to someone today, it would be Getzlaf. Hasn't got quite the same hands, yet, but he's got that kind of ability. Not as good, but on his way there.

I've heard of Horton being compared to Nash. I think he would solve our 2nd line center issue. I think you'd have to move Fisher to make it happen though.

12I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:35 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

Thanks rooneypoo - good information.

13I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Horton? Big, physical, mean goal-scorer. Not at all afraid to get nasty or bang his way into the front of the net. Hasn't reached anything close to his potential, yet, which isn't surprising given the talent that surrounds him.

I wonder if this quasi-Getzlaf would make Spezza expendable?

14I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 pm

Horton, hmmm. Big body, tough as nails, hits, fights, scores... a power forward for the most part.

The skating isnt quite there for to be a Nash.

Tough to compare him to anyone right now. Best way to describe him, and potential 1st line power forward.

15I have a feeling... Empty Re: I have a feeling... Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I've heard of Horton being compared to Nash. I think he would solve our 2nd line center issue. I think you'd have to move Fisher to make it happen though.

Moving Vermette and his 2.8 million is good enough considering Horton costs 4 million.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next