GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs

+11
mattshock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
Hayden
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:13 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What a goof Cherry is. Isolate a moment where there walking in from the cold and imply that's a big reason for their woes? Seriously, show Ovechkin coming off the bus at SBP in the middle of February and I doubt you see him with nothing but a crisp, freshly pressed suit and tie. What a stupid waste of TV time that was.

Actually they showed the caps getting out of the bus wearing suits and ties only and it was in MTL the same night. Not that it excuses the comments but just saying...

17Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has Cherry looked in the mirror? He looks like the ultimate thug/****ing idiot.

18Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:31 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure I agree with the thug part, but yes!

19Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The hypocrisy in this is twofold.

He says that Fisher and Meszaros are having a love affair and it's "disgusting" even though he constantly talks about Fisher's "beautiful eyes."

He also said they should be showing the young kids how to dress, despite the fact that he looks like he wears suits made out of the fabric from grandmothers' sofas.

20Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:29 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

He also said they should be showing the young kids how to dress, despite the fact that he looks like he wears suits made out of the fabric from grandmothers' sofas.

Puking2 Couldn't agree more. I wonder how many grandmas would like to take a seat on him (barf)?

21Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:The hypocrisy in this is twofold.

He says that Fisher and Meszaros are having a love affair and it's "disgusting" even though he constantly talks about Fisher's "beautiful eyes."

Do you guys really, really not get what he's saying or are you just fed up with his big mouth? 'Cause if it's the latter I understand. I still like him (well, most of it, anyway) but I agree that he's a big bag of wind on some issues and I have absolutely no problem with anyone who can't stand him (other than his staunch support f the troops and the pride with which he wears his red maple leaf on his forehead).

All that aside, this was before the game and that kind of fraternizing with "the enemy" really should be saved until after the game. If you can still stand each other enough to have a chat and a few pops after the game, great, it means your friendship is strong enough. But before the game, especially a veteran like Fisher, he really should have just nodded to Mez and continued on to his stall.

What if Lee or Zubov saw him being chummy with him? Maybe that would have an effect on how hard he played against him later on. Not a good signal to send.

Now, granted, I never played anything remotely resembling professional sports, but as a fan I want my team to be hungry for a win -- friend or foe, and I didn't think he looked all that hungry.

22Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think anyone has looked hungry on the Sens this year...

23Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Don Cherry: Sens dress like thugs Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

haha, it's just dawned on me that Cherry could be the equivalent of an Avery in the booth! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum