GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would the Bruins be better today if they still had Thornton?

5 posters

Would the Bruins be Better with Thornton

Would the Bruins be better today if they still had Thornton? Vote_lcap264%Would the Bruins be better today if they still had Thornton? Vote_rcap2 64% [ 7 ]
Would the Bruins be better today if they still had Thornton? Vote_lcap236%Would the Bruins be better today if they still had Thornton? Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yes, this is to prove a point. To me it's a no-brainer...

Anyone who says no, I want your name and license, because you're obviously unfit to drive

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Can someone lay out for me what players wouldn't be on this Boston squad if Thornton were still there? I really like Savard btw...

beerandsens wrote:Can someone lay out for me what players wouldn't be on this Boston squad if Thornton were still there? I really like Savard btw...
nothing would stop them from signing savard or Chara, they still could...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

It's impossible to predict where this team would be if the trade had or hadn't been made.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

From that perspective then, obviously adding Thornton to any team is only going to help.

beerandsens wrote:From that perspective then, obviously adding Thornton to any team is only going to help.
not according to some people

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

Not on this team. If Thornton was still here we wouldn't have Ference, Sturm or Kobasew. Obviously Joe is much better than these players but you cna also make a case that Chara or Savard wouldn 't be here either. Big Joe so far has proven that his season runs from October to April. This year looks like it may finally change but many thought that all along. At present i wouldn't change a thing on this team and must say that i voted no.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Impossible to answer this question.

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

marakh wrote:Impossible to answer this question.

True...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I voted 'yes'. One of the worst trades in NHL history (and I've heard both sides).

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

was pretty bad..I was a sad little fan. Would have been nice to have Chiarelli in there and Jacobs spending to the cap like he is now with Thornton to build around. That would have been real nice! Ah well, Savard has filled in quite nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum