GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke

+3
wprager
dennycrane
COLLAR UP
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:59 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Wow...this is worth a read...EK has a serious love for Burke...almost sounds like he clutches a Burke blow-up at night...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/A-Great-Day-For-Hockey--Burkes-Deal-Negotiated/1/18098

2EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:36 pm

COLLAR UP wrote:Wow...this is worth a read...EK has a serious love for Burke...almost sounds like he clutches a Burke blow-up at night...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/A-Great-Day-For-Hockey--Burkes-Deal-Negotiated/1/18098

Dawg and I went to the game tonight. He came home being American Thanksgiving and all. Anyways, while at the leaf game we talked about Burke and I mentioned that Ek has mentioned several times this "lunch" with Burke at the the Finals.

Dawg laughed and said it wasn't the first time he's heard that story. In fact the people that he knows and talks to in the NHL all pretty much make fun of Ek. Yes he knows Burke, but they are hardly close. Dawg asked me if Ek had posted about Burke signing a deal with the Leafs, and I said that I didn't see anything up until we left for the game. All he said was "tells you all you need to know, if Ek really was close friends with Burke, Burkie would have told him first to leak it". Burke loves to use the meida and frequently leaks stories, true and false to the media.

Anyways, Dawg mentioned to me that several NHL people have "leaked" rumors to Ek that are completely false. In fact Dawg himself leaked a trade between Ottawa and Atlanta last year at the deadline. 30 seconds after talking to Ek and asking him to keep it quiet it was quoted by Kevin Lee on their Buzzcast. It took about 5 minutes for news to get back to Ek that it was completely fabricated and that he had just lost a great potential asset.

That whole thing almost cost Dawg his job, and with the management that was put in place during the summer and earlier this fall putting an end to all of the games, Dawg was forced to give up his accounts and swear that he wouldn't leak anything again.

To sum things, up, I sometimes feel for Ek. He does often post what is said to him, however things have gone from people trusting in him and feeding him good info, to him getting fed crap because people are pissed by the way he has betrayed them or broken his word.

Dawg's wife

3EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:Wow...this is worth a read...EK has a serious love for Burke...almost sounds like he clutches a Burke blow-up at night...

Dawg and I went to the game tonight. He came home being American Thanksgiving and all. Anyways, while at the leaf game we talked about Burke and I mentioned that Ek has mentioned several times this "lunch" with Burke at the the Finals.

Dawg laughed and said it wasn't the first time he's heard that story. In fact the people that he knows and talks to in the NHL all pretty much make fun of Ek. Yes he knows Burke, but they are hardly close. Dawg asked me if Ek had posted about Burke signing a deal with the Leafs, and I said that I didn't see anything up until we left for the game. All he said was "tells you all you need to know, if Ek really was close friends with Burke, Burkie would have told him first to leak it". Burke loves to use the meida and frequently leaks stories, true and false to the media.

Anyways, Dawg mentioned to me that several NHL people have "leaked" rumors to Ek that are completely false. In fact Dawg himself leaked a trade between Ottawa and Atlanta last year at the deadline. 30 seconds after talking to Ek and asking him to keep it quiet it was quoted by Kevin Lee on their Buzzcast. It took about 5 minutes for news to get back to Ek that it was completely fabricated and that he had just lost a great potential asset.

That whole thing almost cost Dawg his job, and with the management that was put in place during the summer and earlier this fall putting an end to all of the games, Dawg was forced to give up his accounts and swear that he wouldn't leak anything again.

To sum things, up, I sometimes feel for Ek. He does often post what is said to him, however things have gone from people trusting in him and feeding him good info, to him getting fed crap because people are pissed by the way he has betrayed them or broken his word.

Dawg's wife

I don't feel sorry for him. You reap what you sow. It's no coincidence that the more his credibility takes a hit, the further into the toilet that site goes.

4EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:27 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I'll say one thing for Ek: without his site, a lot of the members here would not have met up. I just don't think Ek is that bright of a guy, judging by his writing and hearing him in radio interviews.

Still, I can't criticize someone who writes about hockey that much. Unless it was Kevin Lee, the sports writer who cannot spell.

5EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:51 am

dennycrane wrote:I'll say one thing for Ek: without his site, a lot of the members here would not have met up. I just don't think Ek is that bright of a guy, judging by his writing and hearing him in radio interviews.

Still, I can't criticize someone who writes about hockey that much. Unless it was Kevin Lee, the sports writer who cannot spell.

Couple good points, especially about how this site as we know it, was born from that s(h)ite.

There is plenty of things to criticize Ek about though. First would be some assinine rumours that he posts sometimes which make absolutley no sense. They are clearly a sleazy attempt to entice fans of certain teams depending on who said post is about. Case in point: Just after the collapse of the Sens boards there he started posting rumour after rumour about Sens players on the block and being mentioned in talks, most notably, Spezza.

Bottom line: Eklund thinks he's Socrates, but he's a Dung.

6EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now that's just wrong. Did you even begin to think of the kind of imagery that topic heading will conjure up? How the hell can I wash my brain out with soap???!

7EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Now that's just wrong. Did you even begin to think of the kind of imagery that topic heading will conjure up? How the hell can I wash my brain out with soap???!

My suggestion for a GOOD cleansing of the brain, or perhaps a mind-f*ck if you will, is to follow these steps:

1) first, chug 5-6 beers consecutively, and make sure you have a nice buzz going *Note, you may wish to have a couple of shots of vodka or tequila handy to "re-charge" just in case.
2) sit down in front of your TV and get nice and relaxed.
3) go out and rent (or I recommend Purchase outright) one of the greatest films in my opinion of all time...David Lynch's "Eraserhead," and pop into your DVD player.
4) after the 2 hours of elapsed, you tell ME if anything else matters, or if you can think of ANYTHING except what you've just witnessed!!

EDIT: if that fails, there's always 2 girls and a cup to fall back on... you'll NEVER be able to get that outta your head for a WHILE! LOL

8EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:32 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:
wprager wrote:

My suggestion for a GOOD cleansing of the brain, or perhaps a mind-f*ck if you will, is to follow these steps:

1) first, chug 5-6 beers consecutively, and make sure you have a nice buzz going *Note, you may wish to have a couple of shots of vodka or tequila handy to "re-charge" just in case.
2) sit down in front of your TV and get nice and relaxed.
3) go out and rent (or I recommend Purchase outright) one of the greatest films in my opinion of all time...David Lynch's "Eraserhead," and pop into your DVD player.
4) after the 2 hours of elapsed, you tell ME if anything else matters, or if you can think of ANYTHING except what you've just witnessed!!

EDIT: if that fails, there's always 2 girls and a cup to fall back on... you'll NEVER be able to get that outta your head.

Fixed.

Warning: Two girls one cup should not be viewed by anyone of young age, weak stomach, or squirmish demeanor. It might cause violent physical reactions, almost certainly vomiting.

9EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Do what I do and picture Brooke Burke...

10EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:37 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

In my days of B.O.A.T racing, our team was once named "10 Guys 1 Cup".

I still remember where I was the first time I saw 2 Girls 1 Cup. I was sitting in my boxers at my computer desk. It was first thing in the morning and a good buddy of mine who always sends me break.com vids and the like sent me a link. I opened it, sat through the whole thing, but by the end I was so shocked I stood up really quickly and ended up cutting my leg quite deeply on my keyboard tray (it has poorly designed sharp corners). I have the scar to this day. It's about 6 inches long, but it serves as an everlasting reminder of that timeless classic involving a pair of classy ladies and an improvised receptacle.

11EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
wprager wrote:

Do what I do and picture Brooke Burke...

Perfect. I think I still have the last couple of weeks of Dancing with the Stars on the PVR (in glorious HD).

12EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Empty Re: EK has a HUGE Hard-on for Burke Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:In my days of B.O.A.T racing, our team was once named "10 Guys 1 Cup".

I still remember where I was the first time I saw 2 Girls 1 Cup. I was sitting in my boxers at my computer desk. It was first thing in the morning and a good buddy of mine who always sends me break.com vids and the like sent me a link. I opened it, sat through the whole thing, but by the end I was so shocked I stood up really quickly and ended up cutting my leg quite deeply on my keyboard tray (it has poorly designed sharp corners). I have the scar to this day. It's about 6 inches long, but it serves as an everlasting reminder of that timeless classic involving a pair of classy ladies and an improvised receptacle.

Is it still around? I googled and saw one with a guy holding up two barbie dolls and a cup of chocolate pudding. I take it the original was not quite that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum