GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

7/3/1

F: Dadonov, Tkachuk, Batherson, White, C. Brown, L. Brown, Abramov/Balcers
D: Chabot, Wolanin, Jaros
G: Murray

Or they may decide to go 8 FD and 1 goalie

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:7/3/1

F: Dadonov, Tkachuk, Batherson, White, C. Brown, L. Brown, Abramov/Balcers
D: Chabot, Wolanin, Jaros
G: Murray

Or they may decide to go 8 FD and 1 goalie

There's no reason to protect 3D. Especially Jaros...

Also White would be exposed if he doesn't rebound this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah they may go the 8/1 model and focus on protecting Chabot and Wolanin only. No reason to go 7/3/1. And they'll protect White. I think he rebounds and likely plays with Stutzle/Brown or Dadonov/Tkachuk. I think he will double his output from last year, even if he's relegated to third line minutes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No reason the Sens can't put pucks in the net next year. I expect Stutzle, Norris, L. Brown, Formenton/Abramov to all be puck-possession positives next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Im starting to get pumped to see Logan, Batherson et all

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Approx 8 more weeks to go. Need to make it through Halloween, Remembrance Day, American Thanksgiving, black Friday, Christmas, boxing day and new year's Eve first

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And of course the wjhc . And be prepared in a Canadian division to watch a lot of 10:30 hockey games

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No reason the Sens can't put pucks in the net next year. I expect Stutzle, Norris, L. Brown, Formenton/Abramov to all be puck-possession positives next season.

Actually, there are lots of reasons we won't score much next year, but I like the positivity!  Our highest goal scorer from last year (Dadonov, 25G) played with very good line-mates on a different team.  Our only other 20+ goal scorer is Brady.

We are counting a lot on rookies/guys that have VERY limited NHL experience, and have had approximately zero NHL success.  Also, it's tougher to generate offense when the defense is quite terrible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We should have a more dynamic PP with more offensive-minded forwards all looking to prove something.

And can you imagine the impact that adding two more players would have to this team? If they can sign Vatanen to a two year deal, and trade for a top-six center (Stepan for Tierney?) their defense would be greatly improved with guys in the right spots and they'd have an experienced center they can trade at the deadline. I think they would compete for a playoff spot - probably miss out, but be close anyway

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope you're not expecting them to trade Tierney anytime soon. The days of signing guys and then trading them are gone...nobody's pulling a Hossa-for-Heatley...it just doesn't happen anymore and leaves a real sour taste in players mouths (as if they need another reason to not sign with Ottawa).

Barring a miraculous deal for a #1 centre and a #2 defenceman (not happening), I plan on seeing this team in the bottom 6 or 7 at the end of next season. And I'm OK with that, assuming it's the last time it happens for the next decade or so.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I hope you're not expecting them to trade Tierney anytime soon.  The days of signing guys and then trading them are gone...nobody's pulling a Hossa-for-Heatley...it just doesn't happen anymore and leaves a real sour taste in players mouths (as if they need another reason to not sign with Ottawa).  

Barring a miraculous deal for a #1 centre and a #2 defenceman (not happening), I plan on seeing this team in the bottom 6 or 7 at the end of next season.  And I'm OK with that, assuming it's the last time it happens for the next decade or so.

We could probably give up less than Tierney to trade for a guy like Stepan IMO. Not a lot of teams are in a cap position to acquire players even for pennies on the dollar. Also not a lot of teams out there who can sign a Sami Vatanen.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What exactly is Derek Stepan adding to our lineup? He had 28 points last year.

We're at the cap floor. Not sure it's realistic to expect to add much more salary at this point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:What exactly is Derek Stepan adding to our lineup? He had 28 points last year.  

We're at the cap floor.  Not sure it's realistic to expect to add much more salary at this point.

He adds a veteran presence that can shield our younger centers (Norris, Brown, White, Stutzle?) from playing against other team's top lines on a nightly basis. And worst case you flip him at the deadline for a pick. Has zero to do with hitting the cap floor.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This Sens team is last place as it sits. Will we draft an elite LHD with our lottery win or go off the board and take a W ranked as the 10th best BPA? Stay tuned.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:This Sens team is last place as it sits. Will we draft an elite LHD with our lottery win or go off the board and take a W ranked as the 10th best BPA? Stay tuned.

Raty, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, are all players that I'd like to add. Crap draft though. Should have drafted Rossi and gone after Power next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum