GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Head Shot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Head Shot Empty The Head Shot Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Weight hit on Sutter keeps being revisited and it got me thinking... isn't this the same Sutter (rhetorical) that laid out (the late) Alexei Cherepanov in the Canada-Russia super series in 2007?

While I agree that most people do not want to see serious harm come to a player as a result of a hit that most people define as "dangerous". Those would include, leaving the feet, leading with an elbow, extending arms into the face, hitting from behind or into/near the boards/dasher.

Just something to think about I suppose before a player goes out and injures someone, that what goes around comes around.

Last edited by DashRiprock on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Head Shot Empty Re: The Head Shot Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 pm

It wasnt the World Juniors, it was the Summit Series, but ya, thats the hit alright.

3The Head Shot Empty Re: The Head Shot Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You're right, 2007 Canada-Russia Super Series.

The crowd absolutely loved the hit, even despite the injury to Cherepanov, and that most people would call it a dangerous hit. It's pretty clear that Sutter targeted him for a trip that went uncalled a dozen seconds before.

While I don't like seeing Sutter, or anyone injured, it just goes to show you that as long as it's not you or a teammate, or a player on the team you cheer for, the definition of "dangerous" or "dirty" is subjective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum