GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melrose Fired

+6
PTFlea
Riprock
COLLAR UP
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
Phoenix30
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The Lightning and the Panthers should be moved to Canada.

17Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Someone on that other site made a good point. Are the Lightening paying Melrose and Torts to not coach this team? Also I believe that Feaster is drawing salary.

18Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Finally someone comes around who takes some of the heat of us for the moment. Diddle jokers.

19Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock34 wrote:Someone on that other site made a good point. Are the Lightening paying Melrose and Torts to not coach this team? Also I believe that Feaster is drawing salary.
That is so funny. WOW.

20Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Someone on that other site made a good point. Are the Lightening paying Melrose and Torts to not coach this team? Also I believe that Feaster is drawing salary.
That is so funny. WOW.

Too bad. Now he'll be trying to get back on my TV screen.

21Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I suspect he'll lay low for a bit... eating his crow... After 10 years of telling people they were doing it wrong... he didn't last 20 games.

22Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

*ahem* I want my kudos boys!
Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I did predict, back when Melrose was first hired, that he wouldn't be there by Christmas!

He's a Tony Robbins spouting fool. And I have to agree with Heater, this should keep the pundits busy for a while anyway and away from the Sens... At least until tomorrow night. LOL

23Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's what you get when Owners think they're Yahoo! fantasy hockey GMs.

Fixed.

F'ing gong show in Tampa right now.

24Melrose Fired - Page 2 Empty Re: Melrose Fired Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:24 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

How can anyone blame Melrose in all of this???

Look at the squad he inherited thanks to the million and a half moves they've made so far. I don't think I've ever seen that much roster movement in that few a space of time in my whole life. They like literally flipped over the whole team in the span of 6 months. Think about it, the only players left from last year's squad are: Lecavalier, St. Louis, Prospal, Ranger, Gratton, and Lundin.

That's literally it. How is a team supposed to gel in this short a time when they still continue to make trades and now have 16 new faces in the lineup since last year?

I really feel sorry for the guy. This is just simply inappropriate behavior on behalf of these owners. Its one thing to inherit a championship calibre squad where the guys have been playing together for 3-5 years. But to get a bunch of guys who've never played before, and give them less than 3 months to gel and start winning games is absolutely ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum