GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melrose in deep Dung?

+3
PKC
shabbs
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lecavalier and St.Louis have complained to the (idiot) new owners that there's no gameplans, no structure, nothing. They both want Melrose gone...

Stay tuned....

Yikes...whoever was on XM was saying that both players are still feeling badly betrayed by the new group who decided to gas Danny Boyle. Apparently they felt they needed to do this to keep Lecavalier, St.Louis and still have enough left to pay for Prospal, Malone, Stamkos, the two old guys and the D-man they would eventually acquire (Meszaros and Malik I guess).

Last edited by 504Heater on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

504Heater wrote:Lecavalier and St.Louis have complained to the (idiot) new owners that there's no gameplans, no structure, nothing. They both want Melrose gone...

Stay tuned....
Vinny is stuck there... but is there anyway we could get Marty?

3Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:Vinny is stuck there... but is there anyway we could get Marty?

Vinny knew he'd be stuck there, it's not that, it's that (apparently) they think they can be more structured and a better team...with someone else behind the bench.

To which I would say: did you really not see that coming? Really?

4Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:02 pm

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:Vinny is stuck there... but is there anyway we could get Marty?

Vinny knew he'd be stuck there, it's not that, it's that (apparently) they think they can be more structured and a better team...with someone else behind the bench.

To which I would say: did you really not see that coming? Really?
Dave Andreychuk should be an assistant coach. The players respect him alot.

5Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to shake my head at some of these decisions. Chicago gassing Savard so early, Melrose being hired in the first place.

Honestly...who runs these teams? Monkeys?

squirrel

6Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:05 pm

504Heater wrote:I have to shake my head at some of these decisions. Chicago gassing Savard so early, Melrose being hired in the first place.

squirrel
don't insult the monkeys squirrel

I'm sure they could run the teams better...

7Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melrose should never have been hired in the first place. The game has moved on... he got left behind.

He sounds like Paddock... no plan, no system, no nothing.

8Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Does Ted Nolan get a new job? What about Bob Hartley? Quite a few candidates out there that could come in and do some work with that club.

Either way, keep 'em at the bottom of the standings. Should teach them a lesson on team chemistry and playing fantasy hockey GM with a real team.

9Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Does Ted Nolan get a new job? What about Bob Hartley? Quite a few candidates out there that could come in and do some work with that club.

Either way, keep 'em at the bottom of the standings. Should teach them a lesson on team chemistry and playing fantasy hockey GM with a real team.

Yes indeed. If they fire Melrose, I'll laugh my arse off. Everyone knew it would take them 20 games to gel (if they're lucky) with all the new additions, not to mention a new coach.

Just...shake your head. scratch

10Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I have to shake my head at some of these decisions. Chicago gassing Savard so early, Melrose being hired in the first place.

squirrel

Honestly, after hearing a few things from TGOR guests I can understand Savard's dismissal. If I go back a few years, I was a little surprised he got the job in the first place, as he had no credentials other than a solid NHL career as a player. His treatment of Havlat tied management's hands -- they'd love to be able to trade him (before he's injured again) and the best way to do that is to give him more PP ice time, especially against weaker opponents.

As for Melrose, I couldn't stand him as a commentator, so I hope he gets to stay a coach a little longer. I don't care how poor Marty and Vinny are not getting along with their new homeroom teacher. For their kind of salary they can just STHU. I don't get paid for watching hockey or reading about it, so my happiness (for not having to listen to Melrose) is more important.

Hey, with four kids I don't get to exercise the selfish parts of my nature very often. That felt good.

11Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:Does Ted Nolan get a new job? What about Bob Hartley? Quite a few candidates out there that could come in and do some work with that club.

Yes indeed. If they fire Melrose, I'll laugh my arse off. Everyone knew it would take them 20 games to gel (if they're lucky) with all the new additions, not to mention a new coach.

Just...shake your head. scratch

I agree with your 'gel' point. It's definitely too soon to throw in the toewl on this team.

A new coach would just extend the adjustment period.

12Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

I dunno, if they were to bring in Ted Nolan, they would be a much better team and it wouldn't take that long....

he's a VERY good coach and even made NYI's fairly competitive.

but, the way Tampa's owners have acted, it's like they're a bunch of stoned frat boys in a kitchen seeing just how much syrup they can put on their pancakes but don't realize until it's too late, that they've over done it and the pancakes are too damn soggy (not from personal experience).

as much as they've "improved", they aren't going to win Jack until they put a better coach in place.

13Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

From Nolan's percepective:

"Whew, sure glad I got out of there. That ownership duo was a MESS. No matter where I go next it can't possibly be worse than that. Wait..."

14Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 am

Don't you find it funny that Eklund just had an article up saying that everything is OK in TBay and that Melrose is going to follow his plan? The reason for the slow start is because everyone is learning the system and they are buying in. He said they also realize it was going to be a slow start but once they all know the system they will be fine.

What a joke!

15Melrose in deep Dung? Empty Re: Melrose in deep Dung? Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

notch4077 wrote:Don't you find it funny that Eklund just had an article up saying that everything is OK in TBay and that Melrose is going to follow his plan? The reason for the slow start is because everyone is learning the system and they are buying in. He said they also realize it was going to be a slow start but once they all know the system they will be fine.

What a joke!

I don't even bother anymore. I thirst for rumours - and he's not even the best place to find those anymore.

He might be right on this one, but I sincerely doubt it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum