GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Habs are in DEEP trouble

+13
smash88
wprager
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Cronie
shabbs
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
Riprock
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow:

So...to summarize:

S. Kostitsyn was sent to Hamilton of the AHL yesterday. He refused to go, Bob Gainey had to talk him into it. He promised him that he would call him back soon.

Then...the whole Kovalev thing happened - and now it appears that he hates Carbo and Carbo hates him...so...there's no one left to blame now. One of them has to go.

...Except, Kovalev found time to blame the youngsters on the Habs for always drinking and partying and not caring about what happens on the ice and playing for the Habs sweater. Price had been long thought of as 'being too calm', but, in fact, he might just be hung over all the time. Smile

Finally, the bulk of the storm passes this afternoon and Carbo tell Steve Begin that he's gonna be the scratch. Begin is furious - he wants to know why he is scratched, what can he do to get back in, but Carbo won't even answer him.

Ladies and gentlemen - this is the Ottawa Senators of last year - but worse. They've only begun to realize how deep these problems run and how long it will take to change the culture of this club.

affraid As Sean Connery as James Bond once said, "Shocking, positively shocking..."

2The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Don't get me wrong, Kovalev isa veteran guy, and when he says something is wrong, regardless, he has played his last game as a Canadien, which I'm sure he could care less about. He is obviously upset with certain players and management.

Kostitsyn has no say over where he plays. That's B.S. Take it like a man and shut up and play where you are told to.

Begin is a good guy, if he didn't deserve to be a scratch, and if he cannot get an explanation from his coach, that's B.S.

3The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

That team is a mess, its worse than Ottawa last year for sure.

Blamming everything on a 15 year vet is gutless IMO. Embarassing for him and as inconsistant as he is/was, he is not the major problem. Last time I checked Price was deemed God.

What a mess, good on them though, thats what you get for rushing a 19 year old kid in the nets.

4The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Where did you hear that S. Kostitsyn said that? any link?

Not denying it by the way, just hoping for solid proof.

5The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:Where did you hear that S. Kostitsyn said that? any link?

Not denying it by the way, just hoping for solid proof.

Yeah, I'll get it.

6The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Price is useless... can you say Marc Denis all over again?

7The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Price is useless... can you say Marc Denis all over again?

Oh, f'ing ouch! He can't, he won't be that bad ever... will he?

8The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

to much attitude with too much stress fueled by an overeager media... Montreal is like the broadway of the NHL. it is funny as hell to hear about.

9The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The S. Kostitsyn thing was a direct quote from Marc Defoy from La Presse on CKAC. I can't find the link, but I will soon enough.

PS If anyone has the link, post it if you don't mind.

10The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i tell you they are running him into the ground! i live in MTL and let me tell you the pressure. one week its saviour the other its"take him to the dump".
honestly package him and kovy +pleckanek and some picks for smith and lecavalier... whatever they can cuz this thing will implode and end in a bad way.
the game should be fun to watch tonight

11The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Like I said in another threat, Montreal has either ruined Price's career already or they put it back 4, 5 years.

I feel bad for Price and I dont. He never asked for this, but now he is being blammed for whats happend along with some others. Just a bunch of finger pointing. Personaly, I blame the fans and media for a lot of this.

12The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I said it once before, I will say it again - "Jim" Carey Price.

13The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:29 pm

DashRiprock wrote:I said it once before, I will say it again - "Jim" Carey Price.

Emery was more like Carey.

14The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:35 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i tell you they are running him into the ground! i live in MTL and let me tell you the pressure. one week its saviour the other its"take him to the dump".
honestly package him and kovy +pleckanek and some picks for smith and lecavalier... whatever they can cuz this thing will implode and end in a bad way.

Why would Lecavalier agree to go to that mess?

15The Habs are in DEEP trouble Empty Re: The Habs are in DEEP trouble Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i tell you they are running him into the ground! i live in MTL and let me tell you the pressure. one week its saviour the other its"take him to the dump".

Why would Lecavalier agree to go to that mess?

His no trade/no movement doesn't kick in until July 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum