GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Nov. 13th, 2008

+17
dennycrane
asq2
Snuh
Number Twenty Nine
pgood
Sens4thecup
PKC
Riprock
TheAvatar
jamvan
PTFlea
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
COLLAR UP
strachattack
mattshock
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 22]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Isles roll into town and will hopefully face an angry and pissed off Sens squad looking for a win after the embarrassing loss to the Habs earlier in the week.

From TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Only the Mike Fisher line remains the same after some line juggling on Wednesday morning by head coach Craig Hartsburg. The old lines were; Heatley - Spezza - Vermette, Winchester - Fisher - Alfredsson; Ruutu - Kelly - Neil; Foligno - McAmmond - Donovan. The changes are noted below (*). - TSN

Senators recalled forward Ryan Shannon from Binghamton of the AHL on Wednesday. - TSN

Wednesday Practice Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Foligno*
Winchester - Fisher - Alfredsson
Vermette* - Kelly - Donovan*
Ruutu* - McAmmond - Neil*

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Picard - Kuba
Smith - Schubert
Richardson

Goaltender:
Auld
Gerber

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

ISLANDERS: G Rick DiPietro (knee), won't play; C Nate Thompson (groin), won't play; D Radek Martinek (groin), won't play; C Mike Comrie (hip), questionable;
D Freddie Meyer (abdominal) won't play; W Mike Sillinger (hip), won't play; D Brendan Witt (lower body), won't play.

SENATORS: None.

Ruutu starts his 2-game suspension.

Auld gets the start for the Sens according to the Ottawa Citizen.

GO SENS GO!!!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

No word on the revised lines with Ruutu out?

I'm guessing they just slide Shannon in with McAmmond and Neil. Not much of a chance for him to showcase himself, but that's where we need a body.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I posted this in another thread already but Shannon is getting a shot with Spezz and Heater;

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/13/7401081.html

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

strachattack wrote:I posted this in another thread already but Shannon is getting a shot with Spezz and Heater;

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/13/7401081.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/13/7401081.html[/quote[/url]]

hmmm...let's hope something clicks...opening the door for a Vermette trade!!

poor Foligno though...this is the 2nd time he has practised with the #1 line and been moved right before the game...

as well...here's to hoping Shannon and the boys get going!!

Foligno is getting the shaft in all of this and some people say he is the guy that should be sent down? He is doing everything ask of him and people wonder why he cant be consistant. Well, he is a 20 year old kid who's coaching staff has not been consistant with him.

Vermette has to go so other guys can get a real shot, he is just taking up space.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sure wouldn't hurt to call up guys like Bass and Zubov eh?

- Unknown Author

Depends, I love Bass but there isnt a spot for him right now and by al accounts Shannon is running the show on the PP and has gotten Zubov going, so the right guy was called up for sure.

Foligno is still trying to fit in with a team of floaters.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, if Kelly and Vermette are moved out then you could find room for Shannon/Zubov and Bass. I think that could be the shot this team needs.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well, if Kelly and Vermette are moved out then you could find room for Shannon/Zubov and Bass. I think that could be the shot this team needs.

Not to mention that 6 million dollars taken off the cap. Not sure what Murray is going to do...

If the Sens lose tonight the team may be in full panic mode.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I for one would like to think that with Alfie losing it in front of everyone and Heater having a chat with Harts (I REALLY wish I knew what he was saying, other than, Hey, Craig, I tapped this fine arse the other night... GIGGIDY) that the guys are going to come out strong and hard... They kind of have to, because I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been mentioned that Ottawa as a whole is usually all talk, but judging by Murray's quips to the media, and from whispers I'm catching here and there, I TRULY get the feeling that the days of bluffing are done!!

If they don't turn things around or at least LOOK like they're trying to gel and come together as a group in these next 5-6 games, Murray will PULL the trigger on something...I'll put $$ on it.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

So if Shannon plays well, does that mean bye-bye Foligno?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, I for one would like to think that with Alfie losing it in front of everyone and Heater having a chat with Harts (I REALLY wish I knew what he was saying, other than, Hey, Craig, I tapped this fine arse the other night... GIGGIDY) that the guys are going to come out strong and hard... They kind of have to, because I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been mentioned that Ottawa as a whole is usually all talk, but judging by Murray's quips to the media, and from whispers I'm catching here and there, I TRULY get the feeling that the days of bluffing are done!!

If they don't turn things around or at least LOOK like they're trying to gel and come together as a group in these next 5-6 games, Murray will PULL the trigger on something...I'll put $$ on it.

I hear Vokoun, Bouwmeester and Zednik for Fisher, Vermette, Lee, Gerber - and there might have been one more to it.

Source's reputation * out of *****.

Whaaaat where u hear that?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One star, eh?

For what it's worth, I keep hearing Ohlund's name QUITE seriously...

The trick is I'm trying to find out if Ottawa is a team he'd waive his NTC for...
Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath. It's practically DEAD rumor-wise on the Sens front *shaking fist at Murray* damn you and your GAG order!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well, if Kelly and Vermette are moved out then you could find room for Shannon/Zubov and Bass. I think that could be the shot this team needs.

Who are we taking in though? It better be someone to kill it on the back end because to me, Vermette and Kelly are better players at this moment and time than Shannon or Zubov or Bass. This would free up around 3.5 million, couple with the 3.2 million. I agree, but this is a risky move unless you're acquiring one mother of a D-man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum