GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!!

+7
Laker
Hayden
PTFlea
mattshock
SensGirl11
smash88
Cronie
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Laker

Prospect
Prospect

Cronenbergfan wrote:Anytime now Smash... anytime now... LOL

What a tool Burke is... He signs all these guys, and then panicks come opening day with cap issues... My dislike of the ducks aside, I never EVER understood all the praise some people had for Burke and why they STILL are clamoring for him to land in TO. It makes NO sense to me.

You just have to look at what Burke has done to the Duck's future. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=ANA
Most of the team will be UFA...

17Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

You have to ask yourself if a cup is worth that mess though. Would you like to be competitive like the Sens year after year - or would you like a cup?

But wow - was a mess he has made of that team going forward.

18Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I suppose I could pretend to be surprised, but that could possibly make me a hypocrite in the process.

19Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy crap. It's nothing but BURKE BURKE BURKE here in Toronto. Frig. I'm surprised the Leafs didn't have a presser today to announce he's the GM.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Madness.

20Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
mattshock wrote:I swore never to mention his name on forums again a while back.

Ahh, I hear ya.

Myself and the other admin have also sworn not to mention the name of a blogger from that unnamed site, we simply refer to him as "The Giant Douche."

Speaking of that - what ever happened to the automatic text replacement? Like Redden becoming Ringo, etc?

21Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:38 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Laker wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Anytime now Smash... anytime now... LOL

What a tool Burke is... He signs all these guys, and then panicks come opening day with cap issues... My dislike of the ducks aside, I never EVER understood all the praise some people had for Burke and why they STILL are clamoring for him to land in TO. It makes NO sense to me.

You just have to look at what Burke has done to the Duck's future. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=ANA
Most of the team will be UFA...

Granted, most will be UFA's its not that big a mess. He has locked up the key guys on offense, in Getzlaf and Perry to fantastic deals, as well as JS in net. The rest of the forwards are either easily replaceable parts (Larsen, May, Marchant, Morrison) or guys that will probably be resigned with little difficulty for contracts similar to what they are getting now. Raises will be likely, but nothing epic (Pahlson, R. Niedermayer, Moen, Parros). It is the defense that he has left potentially in shambles, and even then it may not be so bad other than the potential for a big change in terms of personnel. Scott's possible retirement should free up some cash and it will be interesting to see what Pronger does after next year. Beachemin needs to be locked down, after that we aren't exactly talking about huge losses on defense.

Burke's biggest mess in Anaheim is the farm system by far. After Bobby Ryan that team has no real promising prospects to speak of. Which means Murray will have to rebuild this team with an Donkey load of free agent signings. Which means in a way all the UFA's Burke left him will make it easier for him in that he has a lot of cap space to build a team to his liking.

But I agree with everyone who said a lot of Burke's success was built on the shoulders of Murray's work in Anaheim.

22Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian BURKE OUT as GM!!! Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
mattshock wrote:I swore never to mention his name on forums again a while back.

Ahh, I hear ya.

Myself and the other admin have also sworn not to mention the name of a blogger from that unnamed site, we simply refer to him as "The Giant Douche."

Speaking of that - what ever happened to the automatic text replacement? Like Redden becoming Ringo, etc?

I'll look into it. I've got some creative replacements for his name we could use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum