GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs

+13
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
ddt
spader
Hobiesens
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
NEELY
PTFlea
Hoags
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Right move, wrong time.

There must be some weird reason/situation here that lead to this (other than his ineptitude).

2Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Nonis will take over. History will be repeating itself if that's the case.

I could see Burke not wanting to trade Luongo because he has faith in Reimer etc. and the ownership wanting a real goalie for once.

3Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 Disgraceful.

4Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hahaha, fantastic.

5Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't recall seeing a GM Diddle up as much as he did.

6Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Please let them hire Milbury, Doug MacLean or Pierre Gauthier as a replacement .... the entertainment value would be priceless.

7Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

He probably screwed the pooch on the luongo deal. Must be. Or finally had the balls to stand up to leafs ownership. This must be nonis' team now

8Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well like I said in the other thread I don't think Burke is the biggest Luongo fan around.

9Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe he refused to trade for Luongo? Who knows... at any rate... F the Leafs!

10Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I can't recall seeing a GM Diddle up as much as he did.

Milbury? But yeah..Burke has obviously failed. It's just the timing that is ridiculous...As others are speculating, maybe it's linked to Luongo.

11Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Well like I said in the other thread I don't think Burke is the biggest Luongo fan around.

I don't think it's Luongo so much as his contract. Burke has gone on record saying he despises those.

Leafs ownership has put the vice on their GM to "win now" in the past.

12Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't get the timing at all.

13Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How much you wanna bet the price for Luongo just went up haha

14Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You'd think that management would've had a sense of whether or not Burke would go for Luongo before now.

Now the media sh!tstorm around the Leafs will be 100 times more ridiculous as training camp opens...exactly what they should've tried to avoid.

You'd think this is a firing that could've been done months ago if it is really about Luongo.

Anyway, good entertainment, as always, from Ol' Bluey.

15Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:How much you wanna bet the price for Luongo just went up haha

Price don't matter when so few teams could take him on, much less need him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum