GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens scout at every single BJ home game

+5
Riprock
mattshock
beedub
PKC
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sens scout at every single BJ home game Empty Sens scout at every single BJ home game Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to the Puck-rakers blog on the Columbus Dispatch website, Ottawa Senators scout Nick Polano has been at every Blue Jackets home game this season. Aaron Portzline dismisses the Jason Spezza rumors, however he notes that an asking price of Nikita Filatov and a no.1 draft pick would "start the conversation." Brochu's take: An interesting tidbit about that Sens scout. I wonder who he's looking at, considering Filatov is in the AHL right now

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/

Heater's take:

Get bent nerds! You got one guy and one guy alone I would trade Spezza for. You in or you out?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And who would pass to that one person?

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Nash or bust!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Now if we could only get Getzlaf here to finish off that line...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:And who would pass to that one person?

Fisher, Heatley, Alfie, Nash? Look the frank out!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:Now if we could only get Getzlaf here to finish off that line...

LOL...yeah...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, it would have to be Nash or else... and why Columbus would trade a franchise winger who's never had a playmaker of Spezza's talent to feed him the puck makes little sense. They should keep Nash and get him a center like that. They should make BigRig their GM and he'd go get them Bouwmeester and Savard.

Maybe a first, Brassard, and Leclaire?

Only problem, in 2 years we'd be screwed when Nash wants $10 million.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah, it would have to be Nash or else... and why Columbus would trade a franchise winger who's never had a playmaker of Spezza's talent to feed him the puck makes little sense. They should keep Nash and get him a center like that. They should make BigRig their GM and he'd go get them Bouwmeester and Savard.

Maybe a first, Brassard, and Leclaire?

Only problem, in 2 years we'd be screwed when Nash wants $10 million.

It is Nash. Columbus doesn't feel they can hang onto him and are not convinced he can be the guy to lead them to the playoffs.

They also don't feel Nash will re-sign with them, whereas Ottawa would feel 99.9% confident.

It's probably BS, but that's the talk.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig? Isn't that Phillips?

Leclaire isn't going anywhere, he's just coming into his own (plus he's on the IR). They've had brutal goaltending for years. Norrena is past his prime and isn't up to the job, and I don't think they'd want to trust the reigns to a prospect at this point.

And yeah, Spezza's contract is going to look a LOT sweeter than Nash's I suspect.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Wait Heater, are you saying that there's legit interest in Nash from Ottawa's perspective? Interesting... I thought this was baseless speculation on a scout.

I would hope we have scouts at almost every game.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

BigRig77 the poster here who is the GM of Columbus.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:Wait Heater, are you saying that there's legit interest in Nash from Ottawa's perspective? Interesting... I thought this was baseless speculation on a scout.

I would hope we have scouts at almost every game.

Oh it's still pretty baseless to be honest. :D That was the buzz I heard, but really, what does anyone know?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:BigRig77 the poster here who is the GM of Columbus.

Ahhh, gotcha.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad that it'd never happen. Spezza's great, but he's no Nash.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder who they are scouting then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum