GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Michel Ouellet on re-entry

+5
BigRig
PKC
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vancouver has recalled Michel Ouellet from the AHL to join their team. At 650K, I highly doubt he's a Canuck tomorrow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

2Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Does Murray take him if he gets a chance? Thoughts?

3Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would personally - unless Murray feels like he and Gillis are good trading partners (Sami Salo, Bieksa, etc.) and doesn't want to upset him.

I bet he doesn't get through re-entry. It's so little $$ for a guy that can put up the points - especially on the PP.

4Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 pm

This was a terrible deal by Gillis. Basically it would be O'Brien for Krajicek and Simek.

Why he called him up, he had to know that he wont make our roster, knowing that some team would surely claim him squirrel

If he is still with us come tomorrow this time I will be shocked

Last edited by vancanuck1 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He won't make the Canucks? Is he not good enough, or is there no spot?

6Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm

504Heater wrote:He won't make the Canucks? Is he not good enough, or is there no spot?

No sorry Heater, I meant that some team will claim him for sure

7Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

vancanuck1 wrote:

Oh, my bad, I see what you mean now. Smile

8Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
vancanuck1 wrote:

Oh, my bad, I see what you mean now. Smile

I'm quite confident that a team will. He is youg and in the right enviroment would be an exceptional player. He might do well on the wing of Spezza and Heater. In 187 games between Pits and tampa he has 116pts. Not bad at all. Put him on the wing with those guys and move Alfie down and you have a some secondary scoring.

9Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The price is right for Ouellet, I suppose, but I don't see what he brings to the Sens other than another guy to split time on the ice and in the press box. We need a D -- let's save our money for that.

10Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:The price is right for Ouellet, I suppose, but I don't see what he brings to the Sens other than another guy to split time on the ice and in the press box. We need a D -- let's save our money for that.

Bouwmeester. Am I the only one willing to give whatever needs to be given to get this guy on our team?

11Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:44 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:The price is right for Ouellet, I suppose, but I don't see what he brings to the Sens other than another guy to split time on the ice and in the press box. We need a D -- let's save our money for that.

Bouwmeester. Am I the only one willing to give whatever needs to be given to get this guy on our team?

I'm with you on that one 100%. The guy is awesome.

12Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd put in a claim for the guy at that price... who wouldn't?

13Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:51 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
PKC wrote:

I'm with you on that one 100%. The guy is awesome.

I really don't see how we could afford Bouwmeester... He'll probably be looking for upwards of $6M next year, and with the economy going the way it is, it appears as though the cap will either stay the same or go down. And then let's say we manage to get him without moving Spezza, then next year we'll have Spezza ($7M) Heatley (7.5M) Alfie (5.6M) and Bouwmeester ($6.5M) making a total of 26.6M which is just shy of what half the cap is. Do we really want to have 4 players take up half the cap. And taht is not even including Fisher (4.2M), cause we would probably have to give him up.

14Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's been looked into.

There are lots of trade scenarios where he fits under the cap.

15Michel Ouellet on re-entry Empty Re: Michel Ouellet on re-entry Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree with Rooney. Where would Ouellet fit on the roster? Unless there's other moves planned.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum