GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shanahan Moving On

+7
COLLAR UP
wprager
mattshock
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 am

mattshock wrote:We don't have any capspace.

Blues have ~$650K right now.

Correct me if im wrong but i think we have 3.5 mil.

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes for more players that were counted upon for secondary scoring to be expendable...

so w/o Shanny we had prospects and picks for PMD
with Shanny we potentially have Fisher and picks PMD

17Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

blazer_2458 wrote:

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes more players that were counted on for secondary scoring to be expendable...

You can't trade Fisher, we just signed him and he's got a No Movement Clause. Forget about a No Trade, this is a No Movement.

18Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

504Heater wrote:
blazer_2458 wrote:

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes more players that were counted on for secondary scoring to be expendable...

You can't trade Fisher, we just signed him and he's got a No Movement Clause. Forget about a No Trade, this is a No Movement.

has it kicked in yet?

19Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I believe Fisher's NMC kicked in this past July; whereas Spezza's NTC, for instance, kicks in next July.

EDIT: I was wrong. According to NHLSCAP, Fisher has an NMC from 08/09-10/11 and a limited NTC from 2011-2012 - 2012-2013; whereas Heatley has a NMC (it appears to be for the entire duration of his contract) and Spezza's NTC doesn't kick in until July 1st, 2010.

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Last edited by Cronenbergfan on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

20Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Errr....

The Blues have almost $3 mil in cap space, and the Sens have about $4.5 mil. (NHLSCAP.com has Ottawa with $3.236 mil in space, but we can tack on Lee's $1.275 mil now that he has been sent to the minors = just over $4.5 mil in cap space.)

See http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/index.php

Either team could accommodate Shanny if they wanted him, and he wanted to join them. He will sign for less than last year -- that is, under $2 mil.

21Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Do any of you honestly feel that we could use him, though? Our needs are many, but in order of priority I'd put top-six (if you can still call Shanny top-six) forward to be a distant third.

Order of priority, yes a PMD is first, but order of availabilty is a different story. Shanny is available now, where as a PMD might not be available until the deadline.

I think he'd be a great addition. Not too sure how he'd be with the post-game bike workout though. Wink

22Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:

Errr....

The Blues have almost $3 mil in cap space, and the Sens have about $4.5 mil. (NHLSCAP.com has Ottawa with $3.236 mil in space, but we can tack on Lee's $1.275 mil now that he has been sent to the minors = just over $4.5 mil in cap space.)

Either team could accommodate Shanny if they wanted him, and he wanted to join them. He will sign for less than last year -- that is, under $2 mil.

Any bets EK posts about Shanny to MTL any minute now...

23Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:54 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd take that action Collar, but i'd be out $$ for sure! LMAO

24Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Errr....

What the deuce!? Something has changed from when I put my numbers in about a week ago... I'm looking into it.

EDIT: Eric Johnson on LTIR relieves $3.7M of capspace.

25Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Shanahan likely will want to sign on with a contender, or a team he considers having a better than outside chance of going far in the playoffs.

I wonder what he thinks of Ottawa

26Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think we have the "contender" title anymore.

27Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:26 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I don't think we have the "contender" title anymore.

We still have the contender title, just not the "favorites" title.. We're not that far removed from our cup run... add in a goalie this year and we are back to definite contenders...

28Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Errr....

What the deuce!? Something has changed from when I put my numbers in about a week ago... I'm looking into it.

EDIT: Eric Johnson on LTIR relieves $3.7M of capspace.

YES!! Another Family Guy fan! Sweet!

29Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Haha, nice new avatar.

30Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:38 pm

COLLAR UP wrote:
Any bets EK posts about Shanny to MTL any minute now...

And it's official...Ek posts Shanny to MTL

31Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Hahah!!! Hilarious.

32Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think Team Defense is the number 1 concern. Followed by puck moving D, which could still theoretically be addressed from within. Picard's play looked much better since being paired with Kuba which I'm shocked to say.

Goaltending?? If you had that top of the list then I totally disagree with you. As long as Auld is in there providing the stops he's supposed to make, combined with strong team D we're fine in that area. What does that leave? Top six forward.

PMD was #1 and #1 Goalie was #2. Team defense is WIP -- you can't address it via trade or UFA signing.

33Shanahan Moving On - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Let's see a little 'W', a little 'P' and a little 'i' their net.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum