GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shanahan Moving On

+7
COLLAR UP
wprager
mattshock
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
rooneypoo
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Shanahan Moving On Empty Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:06 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Brendan Shanahan has decided to stop waiting around for the Rangers to pick him up and is considering offers from other teams.

From Spector:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246:report-shanahan-done-waiting-for-rangers&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

2Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hmmmmmm....

3Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We definitely have Cap room for him. Come on down Shanny we could use you.

- Unknown Author

4Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Hmmmmmm....

I wonder which team will be the first to put in an offer...

5Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:20 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Outstanding veteran with lots of cup experience who can still produce and would come cheap. He'll find employment I'm sure.

6Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

St. Louis was reportedly (circa August / September) very interested in bringing him back. I wonder if they still are, and if they'd be willing to take away ice time (and so development opportunities) from Oshie and Berglund...

7Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do any of you honestly feel that we could use him, though? Our needs are many, but in order of priority I'd put top-six (if you can still call Shanny top-six) forward to be a distant third.

8Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Team Defense is the number 1 concern. Followed by puck moving D, which could still theoretically be addressed from within. Picard's play looked much better since being paired with Kuba which I'm shocked to say.

Goaltending?? If you had that top of the list then I totally disagree with you. As long as Auld is in there providing the stops he's supposed to make, combined with strong team D we're fine in that area. What does that leave? Top six forward.

- Unknown Author

9Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:13 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Do any of you honestly feel that we could use him, though? Our needs are many, but in order of priority I'd put top-six (if you can still call Shanny top-six) forward to be a distant third.

Goaltending may be a concern...but at this point in time there is no solution out there other than going with what we have...we will all just have to suck things up until Elliot is ready...

That being said...what's left is a PMD and top-sixer...

I would def. put PMD as a priority...however...when I guy like Shanny is avilable...you don't miss out on that opportunity...

He would fill a huge gap on this team...secondary scoring...provide immense amounts of leadership...cup experience...grit...and he's Canadian!!

wow...that is the total package...get'er done Murray...get'er done...

10Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think Team Defense is the number 1 concern. Followed by puck moving D, which could still theoretically be addressed from within. Picard's play looked much better since being paired with Kuba which I'm shocked to say.

Goaltending?? If you had that top of the list then I totally disagree with you. As long as Auld is in there providing the stops he's supposed to make, combined with strong team D we're fine in that area. What does that leave? Top six forward.

Awesome!! I didn't read anything about that yet, so it's good to hear. They have played together in the past.

11Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:St. Louis was reportedly (circa August / September) very interested in bringing him back. I wonder if they still are, and if they'd be willing to take away ice time (and so development opportunities) from Oshie and Berglund...

Agreed. He'll be a Blue by Monday at the latest. But...man....tell me he wouldn't look great with Fisher and Foligno!!!

12Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

We don't have any capspace.

Blues have ~$650K right now.

13Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 am

mattshock wrote:We don't have any capspace.

Blues have ~$650K right now.

Correct me if im wrong but i think we have 3.5 mil.

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes for more players that were counted upon for secondary scoring to be expendable...

so w/o Shanny we had prospects and picks for PMD
with Shanny we potentially have Fisher and picks PMD

14Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

blazer_2458 wrote:

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes more players that were counted on for secondary scoring to be expendable...

You can't trade Fisher, we just signed him and he's got a No Movement Clause. Forget about a No Trade, this is a No Movement.

15Shanahan Moving On Empty Re: Shanahan Moving On Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

504Heater wrote:
blazer_2458 wrote:

And in regards to top-6 being distant third inn terms of needs, thats besides the point. Simply put, by filling one of our needs it makes more players that were counted on for secondary scoring to be expendable...

You can't trade Fisher, we just signed him and he's got a No Movement Clause. Forget about a No Trade, this is a No Movement.

has it kicked in yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum